sshooting stance

Status
Not open for further replies.
gracias. i'll look him up. I have some tentative plans for 2-3 classes this year, but have not heard of this gentleman as of yet. seems like classes will be cost-of-ammo dependent in the near future...[rolleyes]

Ben's class is purely oriented towards competition (USPSA mostly), so if you are looking for defensive tactics, Ben is not the guy. Also, the class is most appropriate for shooters with some competition experience - USPSA C / IDPA expert. It isn't oriented towards someone who is a competition novice.

The class is relatively unstructured and oriented more towards self-discovery. Ben is something of an acquired taste - he is very direct and if your draw is crap he will tell you that it is crap.

Last edited:
THe then did a sub 2 second Bill Drill while hopping up and down on one foot.

I call BS. Having done many Bill Drills, and having an intermediate level certificate from his school -- I seriously doubt this. No, I absolutely doubt it. Not that he did it, but that he did it in less than 2 seconds, AND that he hit what he was aiming at while jumping up and down. Do you know how reddicoulous that sounds? But, it is the internet and you can say what you want,,, just don't expect us all to believe you.

Back to reading more and typing less....

I call BS. Having done many Bill Drills, and having an intermediate level certificate from his school -- I seriously doubt this. No, I absolutely doubt it. Not that he did it, but that he did it in less than 2 seconds, AND that he hit what he was aiming at while jumping up and down. Do you know how reddicoulous that sounds? But, it is the internet and you can say what you want,,, just don't expect us all to believe you.

Back to reading more and typing less....

But he was wearing a yellow shirt and that makes all the difference.

Just out of curiosity.. what is your bill drill time?

But he was wearing a yellow shirt and that makes all the difference.

Just out of curiosity.. what is your bill drill time?

i just went to that guys website and this is from him

At 7 yards, it is all about having a super fast draw, a fast trigger finger, and a solid stance to soak up the recoil.

seems like he understands the importance of a good stance, never mentions jumping up and down though

My time,, I'm no geek that keeps time,, that's for losers that shoot for time. you either pass or fail. I passed.

i just went to that guys website and this is from him

seems like he understands the importance of a good stance, never mentions jumping up and down though

My time,, I'm no geek that keeps time,, that's for losers that shoot for time. you either pass or fail. I passed.

All 6 in the A zone, is that passing?

I was there. I saw it. He's a USPSA Grand Master. I'm not and I'm betting you're not either.

I'm the Grand pooh-bar BFD.

USPSA = trick guns that aren't practical.

Video proof please.

Show up at a USPSA or IDPA match with your carry gear and come show us all how good you are. I'll bet a $20 that you get your ass kicked.

you do know what Ben Stoeger shoots right?

He obviously doesn't. Jimjohn, Ben shoots a Beretta 92 in production. It's got a trigger job and probably different sights. That is it. He doesn't shoot an open gun.

Jimjohn, if you think USPSA is all Open or Limited guns, you are mistaken. A very large proportion of USPSA shooters shoot production, using Glocks, M&Ps, etc., that are basically stock.

Last edited:
The bill drill was started from Bill Wilson, not Rogers, it is requires a draw. Did you do the one with the draw?

Have you been to Bill Rogers school?

attributed variously to Bill Jordan, Bill Rogers, and Bill Wilson

http://pistol-training.com/drills/bill-drill

seems like a few people claim the bill drill
http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/24612/bill-drill/

any way

I need to see this guy jumping up and down, and putting six where it counts in sub 2 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Is JimJohn = "the Wookie"?

hola

I need to see this guy jumping up and down, and putting six where it counts in sub 2 seconds.

I witnessed him do this. That makes two witnesses, plus Lugnut can chime in for a third. Again, the point of the drill was that a crush grip and forward lean give you recoil control.

You'll never hear me disagree with that. I just need to see this guy do this. Got any video?

No, but you can ask Ben to post a video. His screen name is "Ben Stoeger" on Enos and Doodie.

I haven't, so I wouldn't know if you did the bill drill from the holster or not. So which was it?

Well, if you had you'd know Bill Rogers takes credit for this,, but since he and Bill Wilson are buddies -- he might let BW take the credit when he teaches.

Most of Bill Rogers drills are shot from the ready/hunt whatever you want to call it. Or what I have seen and experienced.

Don't tell me this guy Barry Stoggie came from the holster, did some jumping jacks and nailed a bill drill in sub two seconds. If you do I am going to log off and never come back,, cause that is silly.

Don't tell me this guy Barry Stoggie came from the holster, did some jumping jacks and nailed a bill drill in sub two seconds. If you do I am going to log off and never come back,, cause that is silly.

When your draw is 0.8, the rest of your 5 shots can be pretty relaxed and still be under 2 seconds.

If you do I am going to log off and never come back,, cause that is silly.

Bye.

News flash: USPSA Grand Masters are much better at shooting than a "good" shooter and can do things that we can't.

Last edited:
When your draw is 0.8, the rest of your 5 shots can be pretty relaxed and still be under 2 seconds.

.8 draw isn't world record fast. I've done it.

Big deal. Funny that you think that is fast, or notable.

Lets see the video, or it didn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Bye.

News flash: USPSA Grand Masters are much better at shooting than a "good" shooter and can do things that we can't.

first of all who is "we"

second,, where is the video proof,,two guys on a website isn't proof for me McGriff.

Since you're so good, show up at an IDPA and USPSA match and show us all up. I'll pay your match fee.

Since you're so good, show up at an IDPA and USPSA match and show us all up. I'll pay your match fee.

don't hold your breath

i went on that dudes website and it said he's been competitively shooting for four years,, not sure of the date of that admission,, but if it only took the guy 4 years to be grand poo bar then it/he isn't that special

take away his trick gun, match ammo, gays holsters, and put him on the battlefield and I'll take notice.

by the way did he serve, as a LEO or in the military. If not I could care less how fast he shoots paper, or steel.

I look up to guys that shoot fast who have done it, like Vickers or Haley.

A paper/steel pusher is just that

big deal, yawn

.8 draw isn't world record fast. I've done it.

Big deal. Funny that you think that is fast, or notable.

Lets see the video, or it didn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

first of all who is "we"

second,, where is the video proof,,two guys on a website isn't proof for me McGriff.

What's your USPSA number, Jim? We can get a sense of your draw time from your classifier scores. I also started a dryfire video thread in the pistol competition forum here, if you would like to show off your 0.8 draw.

[popcorn][popcorn][popcorn]
don't hold your breath

i went on that dudes website and it said he's been competitively shooting for four years,, not sure of the date of that admission,, but if it only took the guy 4 years to be grand poo bar then it/he isn't that special

take away his trick gun, match ammo, gays holsters, and put him on the battlefield and I'll take notice.

by the way did he serve, as a LEO or in the military. If not I could care less how fast he shoots paper, or steel.

I look up to guys that shoot fast who have done it, like Vickers or Haley.

A paper/steel pusher is just that

big deal, yawn
[popcorn] I love it when things go down this road.......

don't hold your breath

He shoots production -- a stock Beretta 92. His holster is a production rig, not a race holster.

If it is as easy as you say, then come to a match and show us how it is done. Seriously. I'll pay your fee. What are you afraid of? Come prove to us that you are right and we are wrong. There are IDPA matches at Worcester and Harvard this month. Tell me which one you will attend. Or are you all hat and no cattle?

By the way, one of the fellows that I compete with on occasion is only a USPSA Master, not a Grand Master. He is also retired Special Forces and a current Federal Air Marshal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom