• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Staccato C2 or P?

Which Staccato 2011 to get/carry/range use?

• C2 (aluminum frame)

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • P (aluminum frame)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • P (steel frame)

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Golddiggie

NES Member
I've been eye-screwing the Staccato pistols for a while now. At this point I'm trying to decide between the C2 and P models. I have more than a single use case for the pistol. I want to both carry it (concealed, or open) and use it at the range (need to practice after all). Probably not shooting more than about 25 yards, but might stretch it to ~50 yards (depends on what I want to do that day). I like the slightly lower weight on the C2 (for carry reasons) compared with the P (I'd go with the steel frame for the P). I do see that the weight difference for both with the aluminum frames is minimal (3oz). The steel frame on the P is 5oz more on it (8oz total increase between the two models). I like the thought around the added durability of the steel frame. Just not sure if I'd run either enough to show wear on the aluminum frame version.
The barrel on the C2 is 3.9" where the P is 4.4". Not sure how much that extra 1/2" will effect things at the ranges I'm looking at. From what I've read/heard, the C2 is a very accurate pistol. Recoil mechanism is different between them (the guide rod). I like the way the P is 'tool less' for taking the slide off/apart (Dawson guide rod setup).
I would go with the optics ready version, with a plate to hold the dot I already have.
Not sure if there's anyone on here who has actually shot both models in the same session, to have good comparison data.

I'm looking to order/purchase fairly soon. Mostly so that I can have it before summer is in full swing. I have another wedding to go to in mid-June (in VT) which I would look to carry it to. Plus going to visit my uncle in Maine with it. For the trip into VT, I'd probably get a couple of the Staccato 15 round magazines due to the stupidity in VT around capacity limits.

My other carry option for the wedding is my DE1911C, which weighs the same as the Staccato P (only 8 rounds in the flush magazine in the 1911C).

Basically, I'm looking for people that have either of these two models and can give feedback/info on carrying them as well as shooting them (accuracy and recoil impulse). IIRC, the Staccato pistols are very accurate right out of the box. Could be partially due to the superior 1911/2011 trigger characteristics (always loved the 1911 SA type triggers).

always waned a c2 myself, rented one from Buds and it was one of the sweetest shooting guns I've ever handled.

a steal at $2500

C2 MSRP is looking like $2399 (plus the FFL transfer fee). The P is $300 more as I configured it (same cost for either aluminum or steel frame). I selected the DLC coated barrel for both items. Because why the F not?? ;)

I think you need to figure out if you want a compact or a full size, but even the C2 is a little chonky for carrying concealed. The P is a bigger gun with a flared mag well - probably not great for concealing, if that's important. I think their newest CS version is a little slimmer, maybe closer to the C without losing capacity.

The CS is a 3.5" barrel. I'm not looking to go shorter than 3.9" (for 9mm). I'm pretty sure the only thing smaller about the CS compared with the C2 is the barrel/slide length. Since they both have 16 round magazines shipping with the pistol.

As for chonky... I already intend to put a dot onto the slide (old eyes).

The CS is also a bit more $$ than the C2, and doesn't offer the DLC barrel option (that the C2 does). I don't carry all that much/often (don't go places where I would want to). I might carry more, outside the house, with the C2 though.

While I'm not a large person, I'm not so small that I can only conceal a micro 380. ;) I've CC'd my 1911C before without issue.

While I don't expect to NEED to use the pistol while in VT, I'll feel better having it on me. Even though I'll have to spend more $$ to get the 15 round mag's. After that I'll be able to use the standard 16 round, and longer, magazines as I want. Maybe even getting one of the 26 round items for the 'reload' magazine while carrying.

The CS is a 3.5" barrel. I'm not looking to go shorter than 3.9" (for 9mm). I'm pretty sure the only thing smaller about the CS compared with the C2 is the barrel/slide length. Since they both have 16 round magazines shipping with the pistol.

As for chonky... I already intend to put a dot onto the slide (old eyes).

The CS is also a bit more $$ than the C2, and doesn't offer the DLC barrel option (that the C2 does). I don't carry all that much/often (don't go places where I would want to). I might carry more, outside the house, with the C2 though.

While I'm not a large person, I'm not so small that I can only conceal a micro 380. ;) I've CC'd my 1911C before without issue.

While I don't expect to NEED to use the pistol while in VT, I'll feel better having it on me. Even though I'll have to spend more $$ to get the 15 round mag's. After that I'll be able to use the standard 16 round, and longer, magazines as I want. Maybe even getting one of the 26 round items for the 'reload' magazine while carrying.

I believe the CS is thinner through the grip as well. The fatter grip was something that I think people weren't thrilled about with the C2 for carrying, at least as compared to the C, so Staccato slimmed it down. No idea on mag compatibility across any of these.

IMO, if the slight difference is that important to you, you probably have bigger/deeper issues. Seriously a 0.1" grip thickness difference and 0.05" difference at the safeties is minor. Well, if you have adult sized hands at least.
1675794221758.png

I know it, but if you watch and read reviews comparing them everyone talks about how the grip on the CS feels smaller and more manageable. Maybe the grip is smaller front to back as well? I have no first hand knowledge as I personally haven't handled the CS. In any case it sounds like you can't go wrong with any of your options so good luck with it.

Quick example:

View: https://youtu.be/WZYUNsvop_E?t=184

why would one choose a heavy full size competition aimed gun with a short barrel?
but, anyway, it is all a matter of a personal taste.

compare-staccato-2011-models897x1423-1-1.png

@paul73 I've carried my 1911C (same grip as the G model, just shorter barrel and slide) without issue in the past. I'm looking to get a Staccato as a carry gun as well as something fun to use at the range. That's why I'm looking at either the P or C2 models. If I wanted to carry something bigger, I'd carry my CZ TS 2 (once it comes back from getting the slide milled for a dot). The 1911C has a 4.33" barrel, so close to what the Staccato models have.

The Staccato P is also listed as a "duty and defense" pistol. Which is one of the reasons it's on my short list. IF I was looking to shoot competitions, I'd probably be looking at the XC or XL. I've not shot competitions in over 20 years.

Surprised no grock fanboi's have chimed in yet. I refuse to buy a grock since there's nothing about them that I like. Right out of the box, the triggers (for the ones I've touched) suck IMO. The 1911C needed zero work to be sweet. I'm also a SAO kind of guy. The ONLY gun I own that's DA/SA is my Ruger GP100 (thinking about getting a Super Redhawk in 44 Mag at some point). The SA side of that trigger is very nice. I'm also NOT a fan (at all) of striker fired pistols since I have yet to find one that also doesn't suck (by my standards at least).

I'm also a SAO kind of guy
da/sa on a duty gun is somewhat safer as in case of a dud you can press the trigger again to make it fire. but i can see your point.
no, i would not carry a staccato, exactly for that situation - to carry something with 17 rounds i have a glock 19x. but my edc is a p365, when i think i need to carry.

da/sa on a duty gun is somewhat safer as in case of a dud you can press the trigger again to make it fire. but i can see your point.
no, i would not carry a staccato, exactly for that situation - to carry something with 17 rounds i have a glock 19x. but my edc is a p365, when i think i need to carry.
I'm good with carrying a 1911 (or 2011) cocked and locked. As I mentioned, I'd get two 15 round magazines for the coming trip (overnight) into VT this summer. Otherwise I'll have the standard 16 round mags plus whatever else I get (like the 20 round with the P).

I think I need to reach out to Staccato to get some more information on the two models. It would be nice if there was a local place (in NH) that had these for me to check out. Unless a fellow NES member is going to Pelham fish and game soon, that has either of these so I could run a magazine (or two) through it. I have ammo. :D

Damn all those models look nice. If standard caps are ever become legal in MA I”ll be breaking the piggy back open to get one.
They sell 10 round mags for them... Seems like a bit of a waste though. I did have some "pre ban" mags that I sold off a while ago. Living in NH means I don't need to worry about that. They also worked in my FrankenPara P14.

im still a skinflint. my last 3 cars were free. i fixed a broken coffee mug this morning. i buy my love dolls from wish.com. i use both sides of the toilet paper, etc etc.
for me it is incredibly difficult to justify spending more then about of $1500 for a handgun. rifles limit is well higher, but, for a mere pistol, and in 9mm... dunno.

for me it is incredibly difficult to justify spending more then about of $1500 for a handgun. rifles limit is well higher, but, for a mere pistol, and in 9mm... dunno.

usually i would agree with you, but shoot one and you'll know where the extra money went. wasn't marketing, that's for sure.

usually i would agree with you, but shoot one and you'll know where the extra money went. wasn't marketing, that's for sure.
there is no price tag to be set for a perfection - but there are spending limits. i like having 2 shadows better than one staccato.
plus, at my current actual level there would be zero added benefit from anything a staccato offers, on top of what cz shadow 2 does.

C2 if you are going to carry concealed. I have a P and no way I’m hiding that…even under my biggest winter jacket.
Can't hide that extra 1/2" of slide/barrel?? Or is it the larger magwell flare that does you in? I see holster options for both the C2 and P models (Alien Gear). I'd probably get both IWB and OWB holster options for the pistol. Because why not?

Until I get more info, or get to try out either/both models, I'm still on the fence. I am leaning more towards the P since it could be better on range days. Although the C2 could be better to carry (weight difference more than anything else).

First world issues, I know.

As for spending the money on this. I plan to use part of my tax return for it. IMO, it's a solid use for the funds.

Can't hide that extra 1/2" of slide/barrel?? Or is it the larger magwell flare that does you in? I see holster options for both the C2 and P models (Alien Gear). I'd probably get both IWB and OWB holster options for the pistol. Because why not?

Until I get more info, or get to try out either/both models, I'm still on the fence. I am leaning more towards the P since it could be better on range days. Although the C2 could be better to carry (weight difference more than anything else).

First world issues, I know.

As for spending the money on this. I plan to use part of my tax return for it. IMO, it's a solid use for the funds.
I’m 154# wet on a good day. Kimber Micro 9 is my daily and about as big as I feel comfortable with OWB. I tried IWB in multiple positions but it’s just not for me. If I wore a suit jacket every day a shoulder harness and a P (with red dot and light) might work. However, the last time I wore a jacket was almost six years ago. I could probably OWB a C2 with a dot, but not with a dot and light. Like you I like nice guns and Staccatos fit the bill. I’ll get a C2 at some point for sure. Have fun shopping.

I’m 154# wet on a good day. Kimber Micro 9 is my daily and about as big as I feel comfortable with OWB. I tried IWB in multiple positions but it’s just not for me. If I wore a suit jacket every day a shoulder harness and a P (with red dot and light) might work. However, the last time I wore a jacket was almost six years ago. I could probably OWB a C2 with a dot, but not with a dot and light. Like you I like nice guns and Staccatos fit the bill. I’ll get a C2 at some point for sure. Have fun shopping.
I'm 6' tall and a bit over 200# currently. My goal is to be at/under 200# before my nephew's wedding in mid-June.

I just fired off a message to Staccato about the differences between the C2 and the P models (a few questions that came to mind over the past few hours). Will see what they come back with for answers (and when).

I've already asked a local FFL about getting it sent to him for the 4473 when it comes time (plus the cost of the transfer). He's lower than another shop I've bought stuff from in the past (I've bought from both of them).

BTW, 2000(ish) round review from Honest Outlaw that I found again. Pretty sure I watched it when it came out. But now that I'm in the market to get one of these, it's helped some.

View: https://youtu.be/AFRMmOkavww

I'm 6' tall and a bit over 200# currently. My goal is to be at/under 200# before my nephew's wedding in mid-June.

I just fired off a message to Staccato about the differences between the C2 and the P models (a few questions that came to mind over the past few hours). Will see what they come back with for answers (and when).

I've already asked a local FFL about getting it sent to him for the 4473 when it comes time (plus the cost of the transfer). He's lower than another shop I've bought stuff from in the past (I've bought from both of them).

BTW, 2000(ish) round review from Honest Outlaw that I found again. Pretty sure I watched it when it came out. But now that I'm in the market to get one of these, it's helped some.

View: https://youtu.be/AFRMmOkavww

Yup, you got me by 4" and 50# so it will be easier to hide a full size pew pew. I watched that video and a bunch of others. The C2 is a solid shooter and if its anything like the P I know I'll like it for sure. If you get the C2 I would like to try it.....and if you want to try the P....ping me. Assuming you can get to Harvard Sportsmen Club. Cheers

Yup, you got me by 4" and 50# so it will be easier to hide a full size pew pew. I watched that video and a bunch of others. The C2 is a solid shooter and if its anything like the P I know I'll like it for sure. If you get the C2 I would like to try it.....and if you want to try the P....ping me. Assuming you can get to Harvard Sportsmen Club. Cheers
I'd love to try out the P model. But just thinking about going into the PRM to shoot has me breaking out in a rash. [rofl2] I don't have any PRM permission papers, so I can't even bring ammo into that SS state (legally). If you want to scoot up to NH, I can bring some of my non-neutered bang-bang's too. ;)

I'm 2 minutes away from the PF&G action bays (one minute from the utility range).

Flatec™ Patent pending.
Staccato not only reduces felt recoil, they harness it and channel back into the platform. It is a revolutionary design with the polymer grip

Let Tony guide you through the benefits of Flatec™. You too will be convinced that a polymer grip is the path to recoil enlightenment and every high end maker of 2011 have strayed down the path of darkness with their metal grips. Do not be concerned whatsoever about the fact the every STI metal grip ever made, cracked. That was the devils work.

View: https://youtu.be/Pmct-cak810?t=60

Last edited:
I think I would go with the P out of those 2 options. Honestly I think I would go XC personally, bit longer slide but if it shoots like my STI the comp is worth it. I think the grip is slightly shorter on the XC vs the P too

DFCE6808-C8BE-431B-84B5-50DDE08B426C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom