Stocking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else store large amounts of ammunition.
Now that prices are easing a little I'm buying 1000 round lots again.
I just dont see prices going much lower because of multiple economic conditions, supply chain issues and some having a fear of WWIII.
Anyone else buying and storing?
What's your current round count?

I just dont see prices going much lower because of multiple economic conditions, supply chain issues and some having a fear of WWIII.
I normally tell the local FD not to bother with my house, save the neighbor's house.

Who stopped buying? Buy some high. Buy some low. Just don't stop.
Learning to reload now. Learning to cast boolits now. Yeah components are expensive and hard to find but it doesn't look like they'll be getting much cheaper or available, just like other things such as food.

Give the new people a break for once. Some people are curious or just wanting to start conversations. Myself? Meh. Not really with prices so high, I just can't afford to stock up. My shield in .40 doesn't run reliably on the cheap stuff so I've been sticking strictly to Federal .40 which is pretty expensive. Maybe a box a month or so that I'll go to the range with. I have maybe an extra box or two and an extra mag of self defense HPs. But ill keep a few dozen boxes of .40 SW for range visits so I don't have to buy it from the range. Ammo is much cheaper at gun shops or Cabela's than most ranges. It's getting so expensive to shoot the brass case . 40 that I am thinking about selling my Sheild for something else that can run the less expensive stuff.

I really want a .40 SW chambered 1911 but they don't make it in .40. Heck I even called Wilson Combat to ask if it would be in their future. For the prices nowadays I'm thinking I'll just go with the real deal .45 ACP 1911 since a lot of people say they have success with more affordable aluminum case .45 blazer and I'll still have a bigger caliber knockdown power gun. I'm just not into 380 or 9mm. It feels like a BB gun to me. Have you seen how much bigger .45 hollow points expand to in ballistic tests?

In starting to think about switching entire calibers because of the prices nowadays.

What about you, OP?

Last edited:
I’ll respond to this seriously as I’m sure the OP has no Ill intent. Ive still been abstaining from bulk purchases. Even though there has been a significant drop since COVID prices are still high. When I see prices on 9mm in the low $.30s I’ll buy a few hundred at time to augment what I shoot and reload

Sorry, I'd have to know someone pretty well before I'd ever ask, or answer, that question.
And, as was mentioned above, *never* on a public forum.

It's a stupid post.

Well regardless this individual could be a market researcher. And I'm gonna tell em what I want. I want a .40 S&W 1911 that is RELIABLE AND AFFORDABLE. they've done it for 9mm, 10mm so why not .40.

I'm definitely interested and waiting for a .30 Super Carry 1911. That could be a very profitable untapped market for a company like Smith and Wesson or Hi point to get into. It's basically uncharted territory with huge market potential.

Welcome to the forum if no one has already done so. Most people don't feel comfortable talking about how much ammo they have on a public forum. That being said i think its safe to say that most people are starting to stock up after seeing the prices the past two years. You are on the right path. Buy now when its reasonable, not when its 3 times the price.

U work 4 the fed? Which agency?

Welcome to the forum if no one has already done so. Most people don't feel comfortable talking about how much ammo they have on a public forum. That being said i think its safe to say that most people are starting to stock up after seeing the prices the past two years. You are on the right path. Buy now when its reasonable, not when its 3 times the price.

Reasonable was 5 years ago.
Semi reasonable was 2-3 years ago.
High is now.

"Absurd" is coming late this year/early next year and the year after.

But if you need ammo now, you can't go back in time to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom