Stocking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@btnh6668 Don't listen to this joker, this guy lives in Alabama and spends his free time (seems to be a lot of it) making rude replies to random people asking questions on a gun forum based on the oppsite side of the country. Obviously he is retired, I just hope I don't end up like him if I reach his age.

Somebody needs to check on grandpa, he's off his meds and getting his blood pressure up on the computer again!
You obviously haven't been here long enough to deal with the trolls that show up.

I suggest you look into the .40 world in 2022. I think the rest of the 2020's are going to be a decade of re-popularization of the .40 SW cartridge. It's worth getting into as we on the commercial market are about to have some good going. With a LOT of PDs, LE and gov agencies, going to 9mm, or even potentially .30 Super Carry, we are about to have a great opportunity to "hang ten" (as those really cool surfer dudes say!) on a massive wave of trade-in, high quality GLOCK® Perfection® firearms chambered in the field proven .40 S&W cartridge. You can basically buy 3 to 5 lightly used Gen 3 Glock® 22 or 23 handguns for the price of 1 or 2 CZ75s, or similar. Idk about you but 5 beats 1 in most days. I'm saying you can have a CCW G22, a nightstand G22, a basement G22, an attic G22, and a dedicated vehicle mounted G22 for the price of one heavy outdated communist steel brick of CRAP. But for the poors in MA you can only dream of cashing in on this since you fools can't own glocks legally.

I'd rather have some quality American made, FACTORY .40 such as that of CCI Blazer® than "Bubbas Georgia Basement Boom Boom Bullets" from some guy named Allen.

"Bubbas Georgia Basement Boom Boom Bullets" from some guy named Allen.
wow.
I live in Georgia, I don't have a basement.

You can have your factory ammo, I wasn't offering you my reloads.
The closest I come to .40 is .357Sig, and I load that only because it's such a neat round and fun to shoot pins with.

Screw loaded ammo. I want independence. I went on a reloading component bi-weekly spending spree back between 2014 - 2018 and I got a lot to show for it. Not going to post a number but I got enough components to shoot un-interrupted for the next 20 years so I could give 2 sh!tz about past, current and future political ammo panics.
I need pics for proof……

🤡

HaHaHa. Growing up in the Midwest. Most of the guys I grew up and shot with did exactly this. They never had ammo and we’d always have to stop, but back then Walmart always had it
i can confirm - year 2002 in missouri - exactly how it worked. why even to bother? you do not stock up milk cartons in you fridge neither, right?

just shows how f#cked up the world had become since.

HaHaHa. Growing up in the Midwest. Most of the guys I grew up and shot with did exactly this. They never had ammo and we’d always have to stop, but back then Walmart always had it
The first shooting I had ever done was with family in the AZ desert. We had to stop at Walmart on the way to pick up ammo and beer lol. Think it was my first time in a Walmart as well. Now, I cant even fathom having no ammo in the house

I bought a case but it only held 24. I have no clue what caliber but they're big. They look like miniature pineapples with a little handle on the side. Some guy was selling them out of his subaru forester behind walmart . He had about 30 cases left from the looks of it. Anybody have a clue what I'm supposed to use these out of?

But for the poors in MA you can only dream of cashing in on this since you fools can't own glocks legally.

I'd rather have some quality American made, FACTORY .40 such as that of CCI Blazer® than "Bubbas Georgia Basement Boom Boom Bullets" from some guy named Allen.
You have any more funny and incorrect info to share with us? [laugh]

Glocks are illegal in MA, poor Allen is reloading in a basement he doesn't even have, Alabama is on "the opposite side of the country"! Jesus, where's the Ministry of Truth when you need it!
Uhhh yeah. North to south opposites. We really are taking metaphors literally here

Anyone else store large amounts of ammunition.
Now that prices are easing a little I'm buying 1000 round lots again.
I just dont see prices going much lower because of multiple economic conditions, supply chain issues and some having a fear of WWIII.
Anyone else buying and storing?
What's your current round count?
Yes and almost enough. There's always room for one more case. [wink] [wink]

Uhhh yeah. North to south opposites. We really are taking metaphors literally here
Not buying it, you said opposite side. But, I'll give it to you. One out of three; poor Allen is still looking for the basement he doesn't have, and Glocks aren't illegal in MA. Btw, I'm just busting some balls. Figured the thread could use it.

I bought 5 rounds last week
? On a street corner in the Dot? ;)
Old and Busted: Loose cigarettes in Staten Island.
The New Hotness: Loose ammo in Dorchester.

Cheaper than all the crap she buys, takes up less room as well.
Once you try depleted uranium,
you'll never go back to those light and fluffy lead boolits.

I'm still trying to figure out how and when they moved Alabama to "the opposite side of the country" 🤣
1d1e00f6076dee048d4d5708ed8c575e--yosemite-sam-disney-characters.jpg

Welcome to the forum if no one has already done so. Most people don't feel comfortable talking about how much ammo they have on a public forum. That being said i think its safe to say that most people are starting to stock up after seeing the prices the past two years. You are on the right path. Buy now when its reasonable, not when its 3 times the price.
Thank you for the Information.

If I’m in a shop and ammo is reasonably priced, I will buy a couple boxes. I have seriously curved my shooting do to shortages and rape prices, but it seems to be going down right now.

If you can afford to buy a case or two, do so now before the next panic.

I think of ammo storage like this: can you have too much? No, because you can always sell it or shoot it.

How much do you “need?” For a SHTF situation? Probably less than you think. If you supply your neighbors, now they have ammo to shoot you with when their kids get hungry.

How many prolonged firefights can you expect to survive? Not many I figure. I don’t even consider defending against a siege or any of that fantasy stuff because it’s just a waste of energy.

Defending against a mob of antifa type scum? One magazine dumped into the front ranks will cause a buffalo stampede (seen those fatties?) and the damage done by the crowd crush and trampling will be very effective.

I bought a case but it only held 24. I have no clue what caliber but they're big. They look like miniature pineapples with a little handle on the side. Some guy was selling them out of his subaru forester behind walmart . He had about 30 cases left from the looks of it. Anybody have a clue what I'm supposed to use these out of?
THIS !!!

But for the poors in MA you can only dream of cashing in on this since you fools can't own glocks legally.
Well, that will be your little secret... Just because you can't find something at Bass Pro Shops doesn't mean it is illegal.

And with all due respect, Massachusetts boasts one of the highest per capita incomes in the country. New Hampshire does not.

I suggest you look into the .40 world in 2022. I think the rest of the 2020's are going to be a decade of re-popularization of the .40 SW cartridge. It's worth getting into as we on the commercial market are about to have some good going. With a LOT of PDs, LE and gov agencies, going to 9mm, or even potentially .30 Super Carry, we are about to have a great opportunity to "hang ten" (as those really cool surfer dudes say!) on a massive wave of trade-in, high quality GLOCK® Perfection® firearms chambered in the field proven .40 S&W cartridge. You can basically buy 3 to 5 lightly used Gen 3 Glock® 22 or 23 handguns for the price of 1 or 2 CZ75s, or similar. Idk about you but 5 beats 1 in most days. I'm saying you can have a CCW G22, a nightstand G22, a basement G22, an attic G22, and a dedicated vehicle mounted G22 for the price of one heavy outdated communist steel brick of CRAP. But for the poors in MA you can only dream of cashing in on this since you fools can't own glocks legally.

Paging @Broccoli Iglesias we got a .40 discussion going on…

Well, that will be your little secret... Just because you can't find something at Bass Pro Shops doesn't mean it is illegal.

And with all due respect, Massachusetts boasts one of the highest per capita incomes in the country. New Hampshire does not.
Shhh.

Don’t tell anyone but I own a Glock and I’m not poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom