stupid Q but clueless

E

emil02

Do gun shows accept credit? sorry about the stupid Q, but im new to all of this, im sure i'll get some remarks from you know it all's. i appreciate serious answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the front door I'm not sure. There are dealers who will accept credit cards. They usually charge a little more for CC use.

Not a dumb question at all.

At the door, NO, neither promoter takes anything but green cash.

At the tables, some do and many don't. Some will take a check, many won't.

BTW, I got my ass chewed out royally back ~1999 when I asked "arrogant Steve" from NY (the ammo dealer) if he took charge cards or a personal check with plenty of ID. A simple NO would have sufficed, but he went into a 5 minute rant instead!

BTW, I got my ass chewed out royally back ~1999 when I asked "arrogant Steve" from NY (the ammo dealer) if he took charge cards or a personal check with plenty of ID. A simple NO would have sufficed, but he went into a 5 minute rant instead!

Len at the last show in ma. steve took a check from me with out ID.
Fred

Last edited by a moderator:
Fred, please try to remember to add "quote tags" around quotes . . . I did it above.

That's why I "dated" my response. I was working the GOAL table at the Foxboro show and told him I wanted 2 cases of .223 (~$300 back then). At that time he only took green stuff and he went into a rant on how someone in NY stiffed him with a rubber check, etc., ad nauseum. [I'm never walking around with less then 3 gov't issued picture IDs.] Like I stated, a simple "NO" would have sufficed.

Times have changed and I think he may even take credit cards now. But he won't get any of my business!

Many dealers at the shows know me enough by recognition or having chatted about gun laws so that they will take my check, although they may not take one from someone they have never seen before. I've had a few dealers tell me that they will take my check even though they usually won't take checks at the shows. I appreciate their trust.

Fred, please try to remember to add "quote tags" around quotes . . . I did it above.

That's why I "dated" my response. I was working the GOAL table at the Foxboro show and told him I wanted 2 cases of .223 (~$300 back then). At that time he only took green stuff and he went into a rant on how someone in NY stiffed him with a rubber check, etc., ad nauseum. [I'm never walking around with less then 3 gov't issued picture IDs.] Like I stated, a simple "NO" would have sufficed.

Times have changed and I think he may even take credit cards now. But he won't get any of my business!

Many dealers at the shows know me enough by recognition or having chatted about gun laws so that they will take my check, although they may not take one from someone they have never seen before. I've had a few dealers tell me that they will take my check even though they usually won't take checks at the shows. I appreciate their trust.

Len
Thanks for the heads up. [bow]

Fred

Ammo Cash or Credit?

I think most people would take CASH. I know it works for me. I tried to use a credit card with one gun dealer who told me that he only took cash, so I bought one VERY Expensive knife from another dealer with my credit card who gave me a LOT of Change; that I used to make the first purchace. had to cover the guys 3% fee you know.

I would guess that if the person with a table at a gun show was a "dealer" versus just sombody with a table and a bunch of guns for sale that there is a possibility that they might take Credit Cards.

The entrance to get into the show? Never thought about using a credit card. Its usually only a few bucks and I have even used my Veterans ID card for free admission at some shows that offer it.

Question?? At guns shows in Mass, Can out of Stater's buy Ammo? What about when Im hunting in Mass as a non-residant and I want to run down to the corner store for a few more boxes of shells?

Anybody have a list of when all the little Sportsman Club gun shows are going on? Could you post it on the Web Site?

Per MGLs, Non-Residents can NOT legally buy ammo in MA unless they are on a range and use it all up on said range (not allowed per law to take any with you). So you need to "pack it in" when coming to MA.

In spite of that, I have NEVER ever been asked for any ID or LTC when buying mags or ammo at any gun show in MA! Thus out-of-staters can buy it at the shows (illegal, but such is life).

In MA, the one big promoter here won't rent a table to a non-FFL to sell any guns. Also MA DOR goes around to verify that every table has a MA Sales Tax Registration Certificate (as a business) at the beginning of almost all these big shows.

Back
Top Bottom