Sturbridge MA show, January 2018

Not worth the gas to get there IMHO... let alone the entrance fee. I stood in line there once for what seemed like forever in the bitter cold and wind. Never again. Not for a show that small and in such a poor venue. Marlboro is on the 27th & 28th. I can wait.

Today is another bitter cold and wind as well.

did anyone actually go today? Trying to decide if I'll head up tomorrow. Was going to go today, but after I shoveled the deck, and snowblowed a path to the oil fill and exit to the basement I'm too cold to head up

looking for a trap gun, maybe a 1911 and always looking for a "deal" on a python

I went because I live 10 minutes away and Ms. 7.7 was away.

If you've been to this show before, it's the *exact same thing* every year. Mostly antiques, but a bunch more non-firearm tables this year.

I left with some WW2 metals, patches, and ammo.

Went today. It should be renamed to Sturbridge Knife Show, since there were NO guns!!!
There was a single table with two Pre-ban rifles; one Colt and one Uzi. That’s it, no other guns at this show!!!
Single table with boxes of ammo; didn’t even look at prices...

Picked a cheapo red-dot and some beef jerky; had to get something... :-(

Went today. It should be renamed to Sturbridge Knife Show, since there were NO guns!!!
There was a single table with two Pre-ban rifles; one Colt and one Uzi. That’s it, no other guns at this show!!!
Single table with boxes of ammo; didn’t even look at prices...

Picked a cheapo red-dot and some beef jerky; had to get something... :-(

That's the small room just inside the entry. Down the hallway is the main venue where there were plenty of guns. Sounds like you missed that.

Not much of a line in the AM. No waiting outside. One of the best shows around if you like older/Antique firearms. Would estimate approx 6 modern/new guns dealers. Quite a few of the NY, NJ, CT and out of state Antique Arms dealers. $11 with coupon admission.

That's the small room just inside the entry. Down the hallway is the main venue where there were plenty of guns. Sounds like you missed that.
Wow, thanks for that! Feel stupid for missing it and false report,
I figured they took my ticket at the entrance, so when I exited the room I assumed that was it.
Damn...

Stayed home where it was warm, awaiting the plow to finish clearing the driveway. Finished reading a book about pirates, a lost ship, and other rogues then took my daily nap.
Perhaps-hopefully tomorrow but we shall see.

First post for me (don't shoot!) - went to this event, saw the same thing as gusto411. Looked like one smallish room with a ton of knives, bags and optics.
Found the second room though and it definitely had lots more rifles/pistols. Worth going to check out, not sure I'd make it a "must do" next time around.

Been to this show a few times...and then the follow-on eastward...FOR ME ANYWAY...Not worth the drive from my place ..I'll see the same stuff (crap) at Marlboro a few weeks later.. Just saying....Oh..its Winter/Spring so Foxboro will be another opportunity to buy (NOT) that stuff I had no money (or desire for) back in January in Western /Central ...

I forgot how much this show sucks and went on Saturday. Stoney Acres and Tombstone where the only gun vendors there unless you were looking for antiques. Need to remember this show sucks and not go again.

Back
Top Bottom