• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sununu warns of urban flight; NH to get Vermonted by New Yorkers

And that's my point. NY27 was surely the trial run. 31 point lead in-person drops to 5 after the fraud was counted. And nobody is bitching??!?
Not saying Im denying that mail in voting isnt rife with fraud, but is part of it also the way that corona has become a partisan issue. Meaning people on the right are more likely to see it as bs at this point and vote in person while people on the left are more likely to fall in line with the gov policies toward social distancing and doing things remotely? This would result in a high percentage of mail in votes going towards the Democratic candidate no? A 26 point swing? Probably not, but I think more Dems are going to stay away from polling stations so they dont get the Death Sniffles.

Not saying Im denying that mail in voting isnt rife with fraud, but is part of it also the way that corona has become a partisan issue. Meaning people on the right are more likely to see it as bs at this point and vote in person while people on the left are more likely to fall in line with the gov policies toward social distancing and doing things remotely? This would result in a high percentage of mail in votes going towards the Democratic candidate no? A 26 point swing? Probably not, but I think more Dems are going to stay away from polling stations so they dont get the Death Sniffles.
That was their excuse. But: (1) Republican voters tend to skew older, so one would think more concerned about health, and (2) regardless, that's a HUUUUUUGE disparity based on the manner of voting. Not a little, Not a LOT. A LOT LOT LOT LOT.

Those of us that are advocating for Sununu to uphold his oath of office/follow the constitution arent the ones "Weakening" his chances of re-election

He's done that all on his own by CHOOSING to violate the constitution......

He's fueling a revolution within his own party as a result of his actions.....

Now Sununu signs an ILLEGAL/UnCONSTITUTIONAL "Decree" authorizing his "Covid Kopshe" to enter private property without a warrant?

Sununu by his own actions is the one abandoning republicans......not the other way around.

He upheld his oath with respect to firearms and that is pretty much all I care about. It sure seems like you and some others are pushing Testerman and weakening a governor who has stood by gun owners. The irony is you are doing so on non firearms issues on a discussion board that is related to firearms. What a shame that you are pushing this anti sununu narative

By not giving squishy republicans a free pass to violate the same rights.......a little slower than the dems.

Although in THIS case....Sununu has done something that the dems havent even DARE t touch upon......warrantless entry of private property/businesses

And he did it via royal decree......
I am betting he did this because of that religious thing down in New Ipswich. They said they won't wear masks or social distance. That translated to an "in your face Sununu" and we can't have that now, can we? Regardless of his reason, it was a slimeball move.

You really are daft arent you

The only one weakening Sununu's chances of re-election is SUNUNU by his own actions, statements and decrees

And you must really want to elect an anti-gun democrat. Because thats what happens when governors like sununu are primaried and then those who disgaree with the outcome of the primary than start a write in for the candidate who lost the primary or push a libertarian. It deprives Sununu of votes. Neither Testerman nor a libertarian will win this election. The general election will be won by Chris Sununu or Andru Volinsky or Dan Feltes. Period. None of the other candidates can win, even if you wish hard enough. They cant win. Thus anything that gun owners like you (if you are even a gun owner at all) do or say that encourages votes for Testerman or a libertarian will only serve to possibly cause a sununu loss which WILL result in new anti gun laws being enacted.

So Sununu did and said some things on covid you dont like, but can you point to something he actually did that harmed second amendment rights? Not something that was considered than abandoned, but something he actually did which hurt second amendment rights? I can't find anything but maybe I missed it... show me the light....

For now, I'll keep pushing for the governor who vetoed gun control and signed Constitutional Carry.

If Sununu hadnt walked away from the constitution and party platform no one would be challenging him.
The primary challenge to Sununu is a result of his own actions

this is correct

Thus anything that gun owners like you (if you are even a gun owner at all) do or say that encourages votes for Testerman or a libertarian will only serve to possibly cause a sununu loss which WILL result in new anti gun laws being enacted.

this is also correct

You dont seem to get ....let me go out on a limb and make a guess......you're a recovering battered gun owner from NY/Mass/Similar state where you voted for squishy progressive republican year after year/decade after decade until being a republcan didnt mean anything but dem lite?

The primary challenge to Sununu is a result of his own actions

If Sununu hadnt walked away from the constitution and party platform no one would be challenging him.

Focus on getting your local state rep elected.....I expect you know who the candidates are in your district for NH House?

that is not correct, I have lived in New Hampshire for over 30 years. Being a republican means nothing to me because I’m not a republican. I’m a gun voter and sununu has been nothing short of perfect on gun issues. I Don’t care about the COVID actions and if you are a real gun owner you shouldn’t either because he has been there time and again for gun owners. I am well acquainted with the candidates in my house district. I’ll be voting on sept 8.

I don’t See how replacing sununu with an anti gun democrat will advance or even protect second amemdment rifgts

Who the F are you? You know NOTHING about me or my kids, or how they were raised and taught. Piss off.
Hi, my name is Kevin Craig. You're correct that I don't know anything about you or your kids. I only know your own words, which you posted, saying you have "NO CLUE WHATSOEVER how they are going to learn anything."

Thus my comment that if you're going to try to educate your children, or get them to listen to their parents, their mid-late teen years is not the place to start.

Your words:
Of course, the whole Coronavirus thing will be effing up schools everywhere, so things are somewhat evened out. I have kids going into 10th and 12th grade this fall, and we have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER how they are going to learn anything. They won't listen to their parents, that's for darn sure!

that is not correct, I have lived in New Hampshire for over 30 years. Being a republican means nothing to me because I’m not a republican. I’m a gun voter and sununu has been nothing short of perfect on gun issues. I Don’t care about the COVID actions and if you are a real gun owner you shouldn’t either because he has been there time and again for gun owners. I am well acquainted with the candidates in my house district. I’ll be voting on sept 8.

I don’t See how replacing sununu with an anti gun democrat will advance or even protect second amemdment rifgts
There was another thread where jpk said he would rather a Democrat be governor over Sununu. I'm not going to go looking for it because I don't feel like wading through the massive number of posts/threads where jpk is blowing all kinds of crap around.

I think the best NH can do is market our state in a way which encourages the right people to move, preferably to the districts currently held by democrats.

Time to own the appellation "Cow Hampshire".

I'd like to see a campaign talking about how great it is to be woken at dawn by your neighbor's rooster, the burgeoning population of bobcats big enough to carry off small children, and the joy of running your own trash to the dump on sunny August afternoon (or clearing the snow berms created by the town plow truck over and over and over again).

Off the governor woes and on to the population woes. For all those people that think the cities are going to fill back up have a read. https://jamesaltucher.com/blog/nyc-is-dead-forever-heres-why/

Some excerpts:

I love NYC. When I first moved to NYC, it was a dream come true. Every corner was like a theater production happening right in front of me. So much personality, so many stories.

Every subculture I loved was in NYC. I could play chess all day and night. I could go to comedy clubs. I could start any type of business. I could meet people. I had family, friends, opportunities. No matter what happened to me, NYC was a net I could fall back on and bounce back up.

Now it’s completely dead.

“But NYC always always bounces back.” No. Not this time.

“But NYC is the center of the financial universe. Opportunities will flourish here again.” Not this time.

“NYC has experienced worse.” No it hasn’t.

Now a third wave of people is leaving. But they might be too late. Prices are down 30–50% on both rentals and sales no matter what real estate people tell you. And rentals are soaring in the second- and third-tier cities.

I’m temporarily, although maybe permanently, in South Florida now. I also got my place sight unseen.

Robyn was looking at listings around Miami and then she saw an area we had never been to before. We found three houses we liked.

She called the real estate agent. Place No. 1: Just rented that morning 50% higher than the asking price. Place No. 2: Also rented (by other New Yorkers. The agent said they came from New York for three hours, saw the place, got it, and went back to pack). Place No. 3: Available.

Now a third wave of people is leaving. But they might be too late. Prices are down 30–50% on both rentals and sales no matter what real estate people tell you. And rentals are soaring in the second- and third-tier cities.

I’m temporarily, although maybe permanently, in South Florida now. I also got my place sight unseen.

Robyn was looking at listings around Miami and then she saw an area we had never been to before. We found three houses we liked.

She called the real estate agent. Place No. 1: Just rented that morning 50% higher than the asking price. Place No. 2: Also rented (by other New Yorkers. The agent said they came from New York for three hours, saw the place, got it, and went back to pack). Place No. 3: Available.

BUT NYC ALWAYS COMES BACK
Yes it does. I lived three blocks from Ground Zero on 9/11. Downtown, where I lived, was destroyed, but it came roaring back within two years. Such sadness and hardship and then quickly that area became the most attractive area in New York.

And in 2008/2009, there was much suffering during the Great Recession, again much hardship, but things came roaring back.

But… this time is different. You’re never supposed to say that but this time it’s true. If you believe this time is no different, that NYC is resilient, I hope you’re right.

I don’t benefit from saying any of this. I love NYC. I was born there. I’ve lived there forever. I STILL live there. I love everything about NYC. I want 2019 back.

But this time is different.

One reason: Bandwidth.

In 2008, average bandwidth speeds were 3 megabits per second. That’s not enough for a Zoom meeting with reliable video quality. Now, it’s over 20 megabits per second. That’s more than enough for high-quality video.

There’s a before and after. BEFORE: No remote work. AFTER: Everyone can work remotely.

Om6KVBG7my7uzGhm-dluOOCbx5R8eRO4jGtcf-Te1ZVb91EvL5PxEFyghLyJFddnIGv-NrciWEPsfJMYlTK7Td71sXdCVk_r14qctdQE

The difference: bandwidth got faster. And that’s basically it. People have left New York City and have moved completely into virtual worlds. The Time-Life Building doesn’t need to fill up again. Wall Street can now stretch across every street instead of just being one building in Manhattan.

We are officially AB: After Bandwidth. And for the entire history of NYC (the world) until now, we were BB: Before Bandwidth.

Remote learning, remote meetings, remote offices, remote performance, remote everything.

That’s what is different.

Everyone has spent the past five months adapting to a new lifestyle. Nobody wants to fly across the country for a two-hour meeting when you can do it just as well on Zoom. I can go see “live comedy” on Zoom. I can take classes from the best teachers in the world for almost free online as opposed to paying $70,000 a year for a limited number of teachers who may or may not be good.

Everyone has choices now. You can live in the music capital of Nashville, you can live in the “next Silicon Valley” of Austin. You can live in your hometown in the middle of wherever. And you can be just as productive, make the same salary, have higher quality of life with a cheaper cost to live.

G) AND WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU COME BACK?
There won’t be business opportunities for years. Businesses move on. People move on. It will be cheaper for businesses to function more remotely and bandwidth is only getting faster.

Wait for events and conferences and even meetings and maybe even office spaces to start happening in virtual realities once everyone is spread out from midtown Manhattan to all over the country.

The quality of restaurants will start to go up in all the second- and then third-tier cities as talent and skill flow to the places that can quickly make use of them.

Ditto for cultural events.

And then people will ask, “Wait a second, I was paying over 16% in state and city taxes and these other states and cities have little to no taxes? And I don’t have to deal with all the other headaches of NYC?”

Because there are headaches in NYC. Lots of them. It’s just we sweep them under the table because so much else has been good there.

NYC has a $9 billion deficit. $1 billion more than the mayor thought it was going to have. How does a city pay back its debts? The main way is aid from the state. But the state deficit just went bonkers. Then is taxes. But if 900,000 estimated jobs are lost in NYC and tens of thousands of businesses, then that means less taxes unless taxes are raised.

Mass will whore themselves out to get their tax dollars.
Not before Mass opens up for business again.
=====

I haven't had a pie delivered in almost 25 years. Oh, the good old days
I'm picturing a NYC couple getting pizza for the first time in NH.

"Oh there must have been a mistake. We ordered a pizza..."
This is the kind of thing they'll actually be facing:

Scant months after we moved to the PRM from Greater NY/NJ in 1981,
The Bride went into a pizzeria (Westboro HoP?)
while a friend and I were parking.
Bride: "I'd like a large pie; for here".
Cashier: "I'm sorry, we don't serve desser...oh you mean a pizza pie! Wait until the guys in back hear this one. <Wanders away from the cash register>. Hey guys, guess what someone just ordered...!"

This is the kind of thing they'll actually be facing:

Scant months after we moved to the PRM from Greater NY/NJ in 1981,
The Bride went into a pizzeria (Westboro HoP?)
while a friend and I were parking.
Bride: "I'd like a large pie; for here".
Cashier: "I'm sorry, we don't serve desser...oh you mean a pizza pie! Wait until the guys in back hear this one. <Wanders away from the cash register>. Hey guys, guess what someone just ordered...!"

Just wait until they try to order a slice. [rofl]

Forgive me for quoting my own post

Anyone want to guess which of the above Governors is going to provide a moving/inspirational speech at the GOP convention about liberty, freedom and personal responsibility?

I find it interesting that you persist in posting messages on a firearms discussion board about the failings of Governor Sununu on issues that are not related to the second Amendment. Keep it , keep tearing him down and you'll get Volinsky and New York style gun control....

Whats sort of stunning is your inability to grasp how his and other progressive republicans support of civil judicial processes to criminalize citizens translates into violations of RKBA

Based on previous statements I'm not really surprised that you're completely incapable of grasping how Sununu and his statements/actions as governor is the only one responsible for the trajectory of his re-election efforts

Its all about personal responsibility.....something that has been CENTRAL to Gov Noem's approach and absent from Sununu's Covid 1984 plandemic

That which you fail to condemn, you condone.

Best of luck to you, I hope you get VERY involved in helping good candidates in your district get elected to the house/senate/etc.....these are the people that need your help so we regain the house/senate or both
This is it. The whole I will wear a face diaper and buttplug if they ask as long as they don't pass another gun law doesn't work. Watching how they behave on things they don't think their core cares about is instructive. If you keep Sununu my guess is he fold hards on guns in one big law. Just wait until all the current nonsense calms down and the false flag teams can set up another school pooting.

A couple of years ago I retired to NC from MA. Hooray! I bought a collapsible stock for my AR and I am thinking about buying a suppressor. Anyway in my community (not over 55) we have a mix of people from the NE, Mid west, mid Atlantic and the south. A number of my neighbors are from NY (LI) and NJ. To my surprise generally speaking they are not obnoxious and not liberal. They are so happy to get out of NY and live in a relatively conservative state. In particular there are many NYPD and NYFD retirees that just hate Cuomo and DeBlasio. Aside from being Jets or Giants fans we have a lot in common. I have even taken a couple shooting. I have learned not to pre-judge people from NY and NJ. So maybe there is hope for NH.

A couple of years ago I retired to NC from MA. Hooray! I bought a collapsible stock for my AR and I am thinking about buying a suppressor. Anyway in my community (not over 55) we have a mix of people from the NE, Mid west, mid Atlantic and the south. A number of my neighbors are from NY (LI) and NJ. To my surprise generally speaking they are not obnoxious and not liberal. They are so happy to get out of NY and live in a relatively conservative state. In particular there are many NYPD and NYFD retirees that just hate Cuomo and DeBlasio. Aside from being Jets or Giants fans we have a lot in common. I have even taken a couple shooting. I have learned not to pre-judge people from NY and NJ. So maybe there is hope for NH.

Nice anecdotes, but NC is turning from red, to purple, to blue, thanks to northeast transplants in the Charlotte and research triangle areas. It’s sad, but true.

Nice anecdotes, but NC is turning from red, to purple, to blue, thanks to northeast transplants in the Charlotte and research triangle areas. It’s sad, but true.
I agree I live in SE NC south of Wilmington and we are solid blue. Those fuc&&s in Charlotte and Raleigh do screw things up but its still far better than Mass. I even had a "nice" discussion with a liberal couple from Apex about their carry pistols. They are very pro second amendment but communists in all other aspects. Go figure.

This is it. The whole I will wear a face diaper and buttplug if they ask as long as they don't pass another gun law doesn't work. Watching how they behave on things they don't think their core cares about is instructive. If you keep Sununu my guess is he fold hards on guns in one big law. Just wait until all the current nonsense calms down and the false flag teams can set up another school pooting.
It is true that our worst enemies are those in positions of power who pretend to be our side of the issues, yet do nothing (at best) or stab us in the back (at worst) and then turn right around and ask us for our vote again the next time they're up for re-election. We simply have to expose these people for who they are and run opposition candidates against them in the primaries who truly reflect our values. It's not easy or cheap, but nothing worthwhile ever is.

In the meantime (since the primaries are in two weeks and thus it's too late for this cycle to run new opposition candidates), I think the best thing we can do is something I DO think is occurring more and more and that is the promotion of shooting and of gun ownership in general. It's occurring to some degree out of fear right now but the important thing is that it IS occurring, and we have to ensure that it continues. There are far more guns in this country now than there are people. I'm not sure when the last time was in our history that this was true. It's a very good thing provided there is a corresponding increase in people who understand and respect firearms, and their critical importance in a free society such as ours. I think we can count on at least SOME of those to bolster the progun vote and/or to call their elected officials when they see antigun legislation rearing it's ugly head.

Just my $.02.

Understand and respect firearms and their place in a free society. Only white people can do that. Serious. Politics are downstream from culture and culture is downstream of genetics. You can't teach non European descended people to internalize European descended man's values. Don't believe me watch the news. And that has been the plan by the enemies of America from the start. 1965 was the first big strike in a long game that is paying off now.

Understand and respect firearms and their place in a free society. Only white people can do that. Serious. Politics are downstream from culture and culture is downstream of genetics. You can't teach non European descended people to internalize European descended man's values. Don't believe me watch the news. And that has been the plan by the enemies of America from the start. 1965 was the first big strike in a long game that is paying off now.
Are you completely retarded?
KKK much?

Please provide an example country of whites that has guns rights and some force of democracy, other than the USA.
There you have it, it takes a certain subset of European descendants to have nice things. Dilute the country with others and no more nice things. There is no magic dirt or magic paperwork that makes America America. Heritage Americans did that, and non Heritage Americans will be the end of America.

Great job GoP. This is what you get for not having a plan to recruit and run viable candidates so Donks don't run opposed. Strawmen get themselves on the ticket and you have no way of stopping them from embarrassing you.

Back
Top Bottom