• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sununu warns of urban flight; NH to get Vermonted by New Yorkers

Great job GoP. This is what you get for not having a plan to recruit and run viable candidates so Donks don't run opposed. Strawmen get themselves on the ticket and you have no way of stopping them from embarrassing you.

Does this person support second amendment rights? If yes, shes for me. I vote my guns and nothing else. Thanks for drawing attention to this. Need to check her out.

New Yorkers are vile rude crass animals Who vote left wing. Just look how they ruined south Florida. they are not welcome here.

You're being kind! NYers, NJers, CAers, ILers, and Ma**h***s will destroy the country. Build a wall, and don't let them in VT, NH, and ME unless they pass a retard test!

There you have it, it takes a certain subset of European descendants to have nice things. Dilute the country with others and no more nice things. There is no magic dirt or magic paperwork that makes America America. Heritage Americans did that, and non Heritage Americans will be the end of America.
How much "dilution", per your standards, happened in UK and Europe before they did away with gun rights?

There are much bigger issues than a candidate making a spectacle in a race they cannot win for obvious reasons including the fact that they are running up against a 5 term incumbent

If you want to do something productive then donate a few bucks to your local candidate running in the NH House races....

When you're done with that then sign up to take the 1 hour online election watcher/challenger class and on election day be an election watcher for a couple hours......

Reach out to your local GOP group for details on the training

Most of the county groups have a link to their own websites listed below

Make an effort and fight against election fraud

that sounds nice in theory but there are anti gun republicans who are supported by the state party. Look at the roll calls from 2015 / 16 when attempts were made to attach constitutional carry to the budget then medicaid expansion. Each attempt go fewer than 100 votes. and then in 2018 Rep. Burts attempt to attach snowmobile carry to a bear hunting bill lost by 1 vote. in the past 2 years everything was party line but when Rs are the majority party we lose a lot of them on gun votes.

The ONLY THING THAT MATTERS RIGHT NOW IS YOU AND YOUR CLOSE FRIENDS GETTING OFF THEIR ASSES AND DONATING/VOLUNTEERING TO BE ELECTION/POLL WATCHERS AND DONATING TO GOP REPS SO WE REGAIN THE NH HOUSE
Yes regaining the House is important. But it's not the only thing that matters in NH. Keeping Sununu is also important. Ya, I know, you hate the man and would rather we end up with a D in the Governor's seat. But frankly, that's stupid. You've justified your position by saying we should win the Legislature and that will protect us, but what if that doesn't happen? You're so willing to throw away the only protection we have for a MAYBE. There is just no scenario where putting a Lib into the Governor will be better. The reality is the next Governor will be a D or an R, and everyone's vote will either be for or against Sununu. Regardless if you vote 3rd party, that will work for the D and against the R. And don't delude yourself, if we lose any 2a rights we will not get them back.

But what's really pissing me off is that I, someone who grew up in MA and has only been in NH for a few years, can see the danger clearly, while so many who have been in NH much longer, can't see what is happening.

Go ahead and vote 3rd party in the primaries. And give your money to them as well. I've contributed to 3rd party candidates. But if they don't have a chance of winning. And voting for them in the general will put the better of the two at risk of losing. Think carefully what you want the outcome to be.

The ONLY THING THAT MATTERS RIGHT NOW IS YOU AND YOUR CLOSE FRIENDS GETTING OFF THEIR ASSES AND DONATING/VOLUNTEERING TO BE ELECTION/POLL WATCHERS AND DONATING TO GOP REPS SO WE REGAIN THE NH HOUSE

what matters is electing people who will support and defend the second amendment.

I would watch some polls if they would set this up in 4 hour blocks. I won’t give the entire day

Yes regaining the House is important. But it's not the only thing that matters in NH. Keeping Sununu is also important. Ya, I know, you hate the man and would rather we end up with a D in the Governor's seat. But frankly, that's stupid. You've justified your position by saying we should win the Legislature and that will protect us, but what if that doesn't happen? You're so willing to throw away the only protection we have for a MAYBE. There is just no scenario where putting a Lib into the Governor will be better. The reality is the next Governor will be a D or an R, and everyone's vote will either be for or against Sununu. Regardless if you vote 3rd party, that will work for the D and against the R. And don't delude yourself, if we lose any 2a rights we will not get them back.

But what's really pissing me off is that I, someone who grew up in MA and has only been in NH for a few years, can see the danger clearly, while so many who have been in NH much longer, can't see what is happening.

Go ahead and vote 3rd party in the primaries. And give your money to them as well. I've contributed to 3rd party candidates. But if they don't have a chance of winning. And voting for them in the general will put the better of the two at risk of losing. Think carefully what you want the outcome to be.

we need more straight thinking people like this who understand Sununu did everything he could to protect second amendment rights

thank you!!!

They can come in provided they leave all libtard ideas in their old state. We don't need any more libtards in NH.
They won't. My wife was in a store yesterday in Claremont trying to find some reasonably priced used furniture. She said that there was a family from NJ there. The little girl was going on and on about "I want this/that". Her mother told her that it wouldn't fit (the style) their of "mountain house" up here.

Last edited:
They won't. My wife was in a store yesterday in Claremont trying to find some reasonably priced used furniture. She said that there was a family from NJ there. The little girl was going on and on about "I want this/that". Her mother told her that it wouldn't fit (the style) their "mountain house" up here.
Shouldn’t be grouping everyone from outside nh together

The beach has been packed with MA, NY, CT and RI and a few ME plates the entire summer this year.
There have always been some from these areas in the summer but never to the levels we are or have seen over the last three months +.

They are still coming it seems because they may be pretty much unemployed it seems and getting $ to stay the same.
The crowd appears to me to be a lot younger and a lot less family oriented than I have seen in the past years here.
Pretty colored hair on a lot of the moon bats I will admit!

This all should have been expected when they closed pretty much their entire states down there and opened Southern NH beaches, restaurants and hotels.
One thing for sure is that they don't have a clue of what a cross walk is and I doubt myself they will come to NH with anything positive to offer in the way of freedom.

They will run back to where they came from when the states open again after November.

When I first moved from a "Top 10" city to NH, people asked me "Won't you miss the diversity?".

Diversity is definitely a dog-whistle on the left; nobody was willing to actually spell out what they really meant when I asked.

I said this on the other thread where this article was posted. Everything those people say is code for not enough degenerates around to have sex with. That is it 100%
That, and good luck hiring "help" at minimum wage to clean house, etc.

(None of the above are euphemisms)

I find it funny as hell. One of the houses that sold up the street is back on the market. It was bought by New Yorker's and always had at least 5 cars in the driveway with NY plates. 2.5 months later, they are selling. I guess they couldn't handle the actual living part of life, where you do things, for yourself. Glad to see them go, since the one guy there was a real dickhead.

When I first moved from a "Top 10" city to NH, people asked me "Won't you miss the diversity?"

I feel like most people that are preoccupied with diversity are projecting their insecurities. I have a pretty diverse group of friends, but not once have I considered the value of that diversity just for the sake of diversity.

I feel like most people that are preoccupied with diversity are projecting their insecurities. I have a pretty diverse group of friends, but not once have I considered the value of that diversity just for the sake of diversity.

Either their insecurities or their closet racism. When I moved up here there were lots of almost nervous jokes from my former acquaintances about me moving to a place that is 90 something percent white, as if that were even remotely a reason for me to move here.

All is unfolding as Jean had forseen in the 1950's.

The thing that worries me is that I am so different from other​
writers. Connecticut is just another state to me. And nature -​
well, nature is just nature. When I see a tree whose leafy​
mouth is pressed against the earth's sweet flowing breast, I​
think, "Well, that's a nice-looking oak," but it doesn't change​
my way of life.​
Now I'm not going to stand here and run down trees and flowers.​
Personally, I have three snake plants of my own, and in a​
tearoom I'm the first one to notice the geraniums. But the​
point is, I keep my head.​
However, I've been reading a lot lately, and it's clear that I'm​
out of step. Most serious writers of stature (I consider a​
writer serious when he makes more than twenty thousand a year)​
are giving up their psychiatrists and going back to the land.​
You can't pick up a book these days without getting all involved​
with the inspirational saga of some poor, harried writer who was​
making sixty thousand a year and taking the five fifty-one back​
to Larchmont, but it was all ashes - ashes.​
Then he found this old abandoned sawmill in Connecticut that was​
three hours from the station and twenty minutes from the​
bathroom, and there he found contentment.​
Right from the beginning the golden days were flowing to the​
brim with the real stuff of life and living. No matter that the​
maid quit because she wasn't used to cooking over an open​
hearth. As soon as the wife opened a can of Heinz's spaghetti,​
sprinkled it with marjoram, chervil, anise, and some dry​
vermouth, she once again felt the sweet fulfillment of being a​
mate and a mother. The children were no problem, because they​
had to walk eight miles back and forth to school and were​
scarcely ever around.​
And Truth itself came knocking one morning, along about​
ten-fifteen. It was a pretty spring day, the buttercups were​
twinkling on the grass, and the only sound was the song of the​
whippoorwill until the chimney broke off and fell down through​
the dining-room ceiling, scattering beams, bricks, and mortar​
here and there and quite demolishing the French Provincial​
table.​
Our writer came upon the wreckage on his way back from the well.​
Although he was dismayed at first, he took hold of himself and​
did what anyone else would have done in the situation. He went​
out and sat on the back stoop. Pretty soon a chicken came​
strolling by. He picked it up, and suddenly he became aware​
that it was warm and that it was making little cheeping sounds​
and that it was his chicken. He held it against his last clean​
shirt. Now he was lost, lost in the miracle of the warmth and​
the scratching and cheeping - even though, as I understand it,​
cheeping is not at all unusual in chickens. Forgotten was the​
hole in the roof, forgotten the dining-room table. He realized​
that nothing else really mattered: from now on it was going to​
be him and this chicken.​
Well, you see how different we all are. I simply can't think of​
a household disaster that would be in any way mitigated by the​
presence of a chicken in the back yard. And on the day the roof​
fell in, a smart chicken would keep out of my way. At a time​
like that, it would be nothing for me to go out and kick one in​
the tail feathers. But then I hate chickens, with their blank​
beady eyes and the silly way they keep shaking their scrawny​
little heads.​
Formerly, when our writer lived in the sinful city, five o'clock​
was a nightmare of cocktail parties at which he could never get​
a martini that was dry enough (his own method with martinis​
seems to have consisted in keeping the gin locked away in a​
separate closet and walking past it once a week carrying a​
bottle of vermouth). Now five o'clock finds him up to his​
elbows in cows. "The Boy and I finished the milking, and there,​
in sight of the cows, we sat down with a pail of the rich, warm​
brew and refreshed ourselves." Of course, he may only mean that​
they washed themselves in it, but doesn't it sound like they​
drank it?​
Then he adds, "My, how The Boy is shooting up. He is already an​
inch taller than The Girl." I don't know what gets into writers​
when they move to the country. They can't remember the names of​
their children. Two weeks in the dew-soaked fields, and the​
best they can do is The Boy and The Girl. Notice, though, the​
way they keep tabs on the livestock. You're always reading how​
"Lord Peter Wimsey got a nail in his hoof today," or "Thank​
heaven, Edith Sitwell finally had her kittens."​
All is not work, work, work in Utopia. Oftentimes, in the​
evening after they have finished spreading the fertilizer, the​
writer and his wife sit on the fence - with a wonderful sense of​
"togetherness" - and listen to the magic symphony of the​
crickets. I can understand that. Around our house we're pretty​
busy, and of course we're not the least bit integrated, but​
nevertheless my husband and I often sit together in the​
deepening twilight and listen to the sweet, gentle slosh-click,​
slosh-click of the dishwasher. He smiles and I smile. Oh, it's​
a golden moment.​
But to get back to the writer. Even from his standpoint, there​
is one tiny flaw in all this bucolic bliss. What with setting​
the winter potatoes and keeping the cows freshened, he hasn't​
done a lick of writing since he got there. Of course, he has
kept a diary - and this becomes our only means of studying the​
effects of contentment on a writer's style. The effects are​
awesome.​
Here was our boy, writing lovely, depressing stories for​
the more advanced magazines. (I remember a typical one​
about a stout woman of fifty with an Italian haircut, who​
got very drunk in a club car and proceeded to tell a lot of​
perfect strangers why she wouldn't give Harry a divorce.)​
Now listen to him:​
"Up at five-thirty to help with the lambing.​
"Saw a yellow-bellied snipwhistle.​
"Oh, such excitement as there was today. The corn shucker​
arrived."​
Help with a lambing at five-thirty? That settles it. I won't​
_be_ a writer.​
=====

Howie had Dave Streit on the show yesterday.

Howie was laughing that for a long time,
Streit had been dying to find someone to buy his house
in the First World <Bleep>-Hole of Connecticut,
so that he could move to New Hampshire.

This summer he finally got a motivated buyer
in the form of someone dying to leave
the First World <Bleep>-Hole of New York.
[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom