Suppressor Question

Not sure how many suppressor experts we have here as this is mainly MA, but I'm contemplating one for my next .22 AR build...

Firstly, is it safe/ok to use a larger caliber suppressor on a smaller caliber, say a 9mm suppressor on a 22? Are there any other complications that this can cause?

Secondly, anyone have any recommendations for a 22 cal 3lug suppressor? The only one I've found is the Hearing Protection LLC Checkmate.

I shot a Ruger 10/22 with a Tactical Innovations can on it in Ohio...It was quiet like a mouse. The owner of the gun stated that he had to try a couple of cans before he found one that was just right. I used to have his E-mail addy and will see if I can dig it up.

Check out Gemtech and others for cans for the AR. The cans do not reduce velocity, so you will still have the supersonic "crack". To eliminate this, you will need to use low velocity ammo and see if it will cycle the action. Have fun. Jack.

Lees gun shop in Windham has supressors in stock. He told me it is a 14 week wait from the feds currently.

Ah, another NESer in Litchfield I see. I was actually in LEE's a week or two ago discussing this same question.

At any rate I think I'll need to put the suppressor on hold until next year, too little money, and too many guns!

I was thinking of putting my tax stamp request in, just to get it started, but $400-$500 for the supressor and tax stamp could go to use for something I could buy right now instead of waiting 14 weeks.

Ninsho, you going to the 18th shoot?

Remember that muzzle cans on AR's are not all that quiet. You may want to hear some in action before you spend the money. Jack.

I had a Gemtech, it sounded similar to a paintball gun. Once it got hot, it would kill accuracy, and velocity. At 25m rounds would impact about 1ft low after 60 rnds.

I have a Gemtech Mossad in 9mm for my Uzi; it works very well with the Vector .22 kit installed. I use Remington sub sonic ammo and the weaker .22 recoil spring in the Uzi and it will run fine in full auto. Just be sure you use a smaller round with *less* pressure and you should be ok using one suppressor with multiple rounds; it will just be less efficient with the larger bore diameter (which in my case is made up for in part by the larger volume of the 9mm can)

Back
Top Bottom