surplus shooting jacket

does any one know of where i can get a surplus shooting coat?, i lost the link but i think i saw some marine surplus ones online that were lefty.

thanks

I can't answer your question directly, but you might try using Advanced Search on the term "shooting jacket" (or coat). I seem to remember some info posted here, probably by Derek or Tony, back about 3 years ago.

Good luck.

I'd ordered mine from Maine Military Supply - same thing as at Shooting Mall, but only $40.

My $0.02: Unless the particular size/cut happens to fit you really well, you may be better off putting the cash towards a Creedmoor or Champion's Choice. Mine is too loose overall, and still too short (I'm tall).

The arm pad (left arm on mine) does seem to help a bit in prone position when using the sling. However, when standing, the jacket offers no added support. And when seated, it actually is a hindrance, as the right shoulder pad just slides around when I try to get into a solid position.

YMMV -- maybe mine is just a poor fit, but I've seen enough other posts which suggest that it's just not worth the $.

evan9201 -- I'm new at this, so I hope that I'm following the rules. Are you still interested in a lefty shooting jacket? I have a 10x size 40 prone position jacket if you are interested.
I can send you a photo.

Charles M

evan9201 -- I'm new at this, so I hope that I'm following the rules. Are you still interested in a lefty shooting jacket? I have a 10x size 40 prone position jacket if you are interested.
I can send you a photo.

Charles M

yes , i wear a size XL coat so would it fit me?

I doubt it.

XL is usually a 48, a 40 would be a medium/large.

Back
Top Bottom