SW99 compact vs. me

I can hit the broadside of a barn with this, but just barely. I am fairly OK with my g17, I try to apply the same technique to this gun when I shoot, no dice.

It is probably that it's smaller and I need to practice, however, I thought I'd ask about a couple of possible things that could also contribute.

1) do I hate the .40 round? It feels snappy to the point of annoying at times... maybe I need the finger extenders on both magazines.
2) could it be too small for my very big hands, do people generally get used to this?
3) should I trade it for (towards) a g19 or whatever the .45 mid size is (the 9mm I'm used to) and just pay the damn MA extortion fees? maybe I should try the M & P....

I realize this is somewhat subjective and pretty wide open (also touching upon the 9mm is for pussies thing I guess), but any thoughts are appreciated as always.

I realize this is somewhat subjective and pretty wide open (also touching upon the 9mm is for pussies thing I guess), but any thoughts are appreciated as always.

Wow! that is pretty wide open. I'd suggest getting with someone to help you diagnose what you are doing wrong. Are you near Winchendon? I'm far from a pro, but sometimes just a critical look by someone else is helpful.

When you do hit the barn, do you usually hit in the same spot? If so, where? or is it random?

Regarding 9mm vs .40, the snappy round can be a big deal. I had a huge flinch problem with 9mm when I first started shooting. It's not a "your not a real man if don't carry a S&W500" thing. Flinch is a common problem that is fixable, but ignoring it builds bad habits (ask me how I know[thinking]).

Matt

I had a German p99 (.40.full size) I sold it & bought a M&P .40. To totaly diferent trigers (love boath guns)....... For me (little girlly hands) I don't like compact guns.I think a full size gun feal better in the hand! the only problem is buying a god I.W.B. holster.Check out High Noon.

I have P99C AS in 9mm. It's a great gun to shoot and is extremely accurate.
Compared to G27, there is definitely much less felt recoil.
What kind of trigger do you have on yours?

I have P99C AS in 9mm. It's a great gun to shoot and is extremely accurate.
Compared to G27, there is definitely much less felt recoil.
What kind of trigger do you have on yours?

I think it's the anti stress trigger. <--I actually really like the trigger, more than my Glock.

I'm out in western MA. I think the people who made the suggestion - get a more knowledgeable shooter to diagnose the issue are on to something. I do think that .40 may not be the right round for me though.

You know, I think I just have to get used to idea the site picture is very different from my Glock. I was planning on selling this, and still may, but if I don't it's no big deal. Maybe I just need more time with it.

Back
Top Bottom