Switching to D from R!

Independent is just another term used to describe what an "unenrolled" voter is. Same thing, different syntax.

You are right, I am unenrolled. Can vote in either primary then change back to unenrolled.

Don't feel bad. Both the national and local media insists on erroneously calling unenrolled voters, "Independents". They have been doing this for years. I don't know if this is a way to minimize Independents, but I suspect it is. There have been several Independents elected to the House and Senate, over the years, but I doubt the party will ever have any real success, or make any real difference in Congress, or local politics for that matter, but time will tell.

You might compare them to the "Green Party". Always there, but "not really".

I was once registered as "Independent" then some years ago a group calling themselves the "Independent Party" got certified and they had to change all of us to "unenrolled" to avoid the confusion.

This is a great idea. I never voted in a primary but I am now. I'm also passing this on to some friends that aren't NES members. BTW, my mother works the poles and tells me that if you are unenrolled when you check in they give you a choice to take either the D or R ballot.

A very common technique. State Senator Karen Spilka was once asked about having voted in the R primary and she sait it was a strategic vote for the weaker candidate.

The Dems did this recently in statewide voting across the Nation.
They would vote Rebublican and choose the Incumbant, thus eliminating any Tea Party
chances of unseating a status-quo Rebublican. Many, if not most, Rebublicans took the Dem Party's help ($) with open arms...

The nice thing about unenrolled is that when you need something from a politician, they check your voting history and see that you voted democratic in the primary and have no way of determining who you voted for in the final election!

You also have the choice of voting for the democratic weak sister in the primary if there is little difference between candidates, hoping that the weak candidate will win and the final ballot could be determined for the opposite party.

The Dems did this recently in statewide voting across the Nation.
They would vote Rebublican and choose the Incumbant, thus eliminating any Tea Party
chances of unseating a status-quo Rebublican. Many, if not most, Rebublicans took the Dem Party's help ($) with open arms...

This. It is an overt part of MoveOn's strategy, so people shouldn't act like you are either deceitful or innovative in doing it. The fact that the spoilers take this 'dirty money' knowing it is likely to ensure their party loses just shows that none of them care about anything except themselves.

I'm unenrolled (independent conservative). I'm going to vote for Gross guy just so Marsha recieves one less vote. Then onto the final with the obvious choice of Repub.

I hate to say this but Marsha is a walk in the park compared to Gross...you guys better hope gross doesn't win.

I hate to say this but Marsha is a walk in the park compared to Gross...you guys better hope gross doesn't win.

I agree. I voted for Marsha, if only because if she wins in November, she will do less harm. Steve Grossman needs to be eliminated as well as Warren Tolman.

Back
Top Bottom