Taking a trip to Maine. Where to shoot?

Hello. New here. I am going to Kittery this weekend to pick up a new muzzle loader. My father, grandfather, and I are going. After getting the new gun and some ammo we would like to spend some time at a range. We would like to shoot our shotgun, rifle, muzzle loader, and pistol.

Anyplace between Kittery, and Bucksport is fine. Trying to stay on the east coast. I tried a Google search and got a lot of disconnected numbers. One gentleman picked up the phone at one number and said to ask here.

Thank you in advance for your help.

There are no ranges in Maine where the general public can shoot. You either need to be a member or the guest of one.

Ayup, short of an isolated gravel pit (which brings up all sorts of other issues).

I had assumed since he was calling around, he was looking to do so as a guest with someone from the club there with them.

Odd there aren't more clubs around ME. I feel fortunate that down here in MA, there are easily half a dozen easily within driving distance from me -- same member/guest stipulation of course applies.

Places to shoot in Maine

Hello. New here. I am going to Kittery this weekend to pick up a new muzzle loader. My father, grandfather, and I are going. After getting the new gun and some ammo we would like to spend some time at a range. We would like to shoot our shotgun, rifle, muzzle loader, and pistol.

Anyplace between Kittery, and Bucksport is fine. Trying to stay on the east coast. I tried a Google search and got a lot of disconnected numbers. One gentleman picked up the phone at one number and said to ask here.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tom call Kittery trading post and ask if they have a range you could use if you buy from them. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom