• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Talk to me about skydiving in MA or NH

Good friend of mine years ago on Cape Cod had a small plane. We’d go flying around Falmouth, Woodhole and had it up to Maine a few times. His line on skydiving and I tend to agree with him is

“why would you want to step out of a perfectly good airplane, especially when it’s not on the ground”!

I cross that one off my bucket list many moons ago.

Good friend of mine years ago on Cape Cod had a small plane. We’d go flying around Falmouth, Woodhole and had it up to Maine a few times. His line on skydiving and I tend to agree with him is

“why would you want to step out of a perfectly good airplane, especially when it’s not on the ground”!

Skydiving airplanes aren't perfectly good.

But if the chute doesn’t open, it’s not going to hurt and it was a fun ride down, right?

Ok, after a successful run in the tunnel at Skyventure with the kids I think I might be ready to hit the open skies! Obviously my kids are to young but I wanna try it this summer. Anybody have good experiences in MA or NH that send me to the right place?..if any😂😂
Your ankle bones gave me a message for you:

If you're gonna dive at Pepperell,​
don't land in a tree.​

Did it ... about 10 years ago in Orange MA. Good people and the dude I was tangent jumping with was great. ...
I hear that's all the rage.
depositphotos_9317506-stock-photo-young-woman-jumping-and-our.jpg

Secant jumping is harder.
depositphotos_102180992-stock-photo-ice-hole-swimming.jpg

chord_secant_tangent.gif

I was going to do it many years ago when you would do so many jumps on a static line,then you were able to go on your own with a free fall.
When I decided to do it you had to go tandem, and all I could think off is if the chute didn't open, my friend will all remember me as I died
with a guy strapped behind me. I did get to wear a fanny chute when I flew in the AT-6 Texan.

Last edited:
Did it in the '70s in Orange. No tandems back then. Three static line jumps and if you didn't mess up you could free fall from then on. Nothing like it.

Two things I'll never do: skydive and fly helicopters. I've piloted all kinds of airplanes over the past three decades. I wore parachute "a few" times but you will never catch me jumping out of a perfectly good airplane...

the planes they use at jump schools tend to be
Compared to sign towing airplanes, sky-diving airplanes are IMMACULATE! I worked at an outfit that flew signs north of Boston for two summers during college. The plane had holes in the walls, and in the floor. The engine cowling was gone. Fabric wings had patches on patches. Duck tape on the rudder. The only gauge that was working was a compass. handheld radio. missing doors. That plane started every morning and flew for 7-8 hours every day with small breaks for refueling. Bathrooms weren't required if you know what I mean.

Join the Army and go to Jump School at Ft Benning.

After that, skydiving will be easy-peasey

Compared to sign towing airplanes, sky-diving airplanes are IMMACULATE! I worked at an outfit that flew signs north of Boston for two summers during college. The plane had holes in the walls, and in the floor. The engine cowling was gone. Fabric wings had patches on patches. Duck tape on the rudder. The only gauge that was working was a compass. handheld radio. missing doors. That plane started every morning and flew for 7-8 hours every day with small breaks for refueling. Bathrooms weren't required if you know what I mean.
That would be quite a thing to get ramp checked in.

Did two tandem jumps at Orange this year. Jumped at 13,500+- each time with an excellent instructor (Matt). Absolute blast both times! Nice, well-maintained gear, good plane. Not as busy on a weekday. Health permitting (I'm 75), I'll be back in the Spring, maybe even take the course to jump solo. Everyone should try it at LEAST once!

Ok, after a successful run in the tunnel at Skyventure with the kids I think I might be ready to hit the open skies! Obviously my kids are to young but I wanna try it this summer. Anybody have good experiences in MA or NH that send me to the right place?..if any😂😂
Newport ri

The view is freaking kick ass

Did two tandem jumps at Orange this year. Jumped at 13,500+- each time with an excellent instructor (Matt). Absolute blast both times! Nice, well-maintained gear, good plane. Not as busy on a weekday. Health permitting (I'm 75), I'll be back in the Spring, maybe even take the course to jump solo. Everyone should try it at LEAST once!
75 and jumping out of planes…..OUTf***INGSTANDING!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom