• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Just buy the case.
5 boxes is more than I would need for months. If it were convenient to me, and saved a drive to Littleton, it would just fall into place. Otherwise, I'd just wait until I went back up to the mill building. Time is very scarce this time of year, and others have already said they would do this, but not just before Christmas. Again, pure convenience.

5 boxes is more than I would need for months. If it were convenient to me, and saved a drive to Littleton, it would just fall into place. Otherwise, I'd just wait until I went back up to the mill building. Time is very scarce this time of year, and others have already said they would do this, but not just before Christmas. Again, pure convenience.
Then buy individual boxes from TSUSA.
Not sure why go through the trouble of trying to split a case 4 ways.

I didn't look at this particular ammo, but usually the price for a case at TSUSA is the same per box as buying individual.

There's been some event every four years or so that causes two years of ammo
shortages, so now seems like a good time to do some bulk shopping. It's almost like clockwork.

It seems like we are in a 'valley' of ammo prices right now, where I'm seeing 9mm for 0.25/rd and .223 for 0.40/rd (that is brass, I guess the
Ukraine war and sanctions has kind of dried up supplies of Russian steel case?) That is back where it was before the last three or four scares.

This chart is not even inflation adjusted, so the prices really are historically reasonably low right now. As in, .223 is really only double what it was in 1980,
and there was a lot of surplus flooding the market then.

e9se6hrmemy51.jpg

Just got an email saying I was receiving a mystery gift from them. That’s weird. Any one else?

Not weird, happens every year for Prime members on your anniversary. They previously had some random ammo in them, but the past few years it’s mostly been lanyards, grenade pouches, and ammo cans. I got a radio pouch as well! The ammo cans are nice, if you score one.

Not weird, happens every year for Prime members on your anniversary. They previously had some random ammo in them, but the past few years it’s mostly been lanyards, grenade pouches, and ammo cans. I got a radio pouch as well! The ammo cans are nice, if you score one.
Interesting, yah was my first year being a prime member. Excellent

Just got an email saying I was receiving a mystery gift from them. That’s weird. Any one else?
I'm a first year prime member and got my notice and gift a couple months ago. It was a plastic ammo can, Otis rifle/pistol pull through cleaning kit, couple Remoil wipes and a TSUSA sticker. I need to decide if I'm going to re-up in January. While they probably won't be giving any ammo away again, I am happy with the ammo can and cleaning kit.

in continuing my effort to give my ups guy a bad back.

9mm
Blazer vs S&B if the cost is the same which one do you buy. I have a fair bit of blazer and some S&B. I think I like S&B better but I keep buying Blazer just because. yes the answer is shoot more and figure it out but then I wouldn't need you guys.

side note it is just amazing how much smaller loose boxed cases vs 50 round box cases are

There's been some event every four years or so that causes two years of ammo
shortages, so now seems like a good time to do some bulk shopping. It's almost like clockwork.

It seems like we are in a 'valley' of ammo prices right now, where I'm seeing 9mm for 0.25/rd and .223 for 0.40/rd (that is brass, I guess the
Ukraine war and sanctions has kind of dried up supplies of Russian steel case?) That is back where it was before the last three or four scares.

This chart is not even inflation adjusted, so the prices really are historically reasonably low right now. As in, .223 is really only double what it was in 1980,
and there was a lot of surplus flooding the market then.

e9se6hrmemy51.jpg
2019 was the last time I bought ammo in any large quantities....so that seems about right. I remember buying lots of 9mm for 9.99 a box back then, and seeing some sales lower than that.
I havent' bought a considerable amount since and didn't need to but I'm starting to replace at 12 ish a box.

Reloading supplies are still sticky high though, and I'm not replacing them yet.

2019 was the last time I bought ammo in any large quantities....so that seems about right. I remember buying lots of 9mm for 9.99 a box back then, and seeing some sales lower than that.
I havent' bought a considerable amount since and didn't need to but I'm starting to replace at 12 ish a box.

Reloading supplies are still sticky high though, and I'm not replacing them yet.
Same, I remember 9mm at 14cpr (steel) and 223 (brass) at 24 cpr in Mar of 2020

I remember those prices and feel like a total schmuck for not stocking up...
I did have a monthly budget and am ok but wish I bought more. I knew at the time Trump was just a speedbump, whether it was a 4 or 8 year term who knew, but I was stocking up.

I remember those prices and feel like a total schmuck for not stocking up...
Same I was just getting into shooting around then/2019. I distinctly remember saying to myself why buy so much when I can buy it anytime..... boy was I wrong.
Had never been through an ammo panic before though, learned my lesson for sure.

Back
Top Bottom