Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

I was at both ranges this weekend... Had the place to myself. Excellent club and range, very friendly and helpful members.

I was at both ranges this weekend... Had the place to myself. Excellent club and range, very friendly and helpful members.

I keep my fingers crossed everytime I go to the outdoor range that I can score the single 100 yard range....never happens...There's always someone parked all the way down the end shooting at 10 yards. [angry]

So, section 6.2 , #4

After firing, the firearm should be placed on the bench with the action open and empty, orcased, or pistols holstered. Firearms that are to be cased must first be cleared of allammunition.

#6 says no quick draw shooting from a holster.

So, you can holster when done shooting. Just no Wild West quick draw duels with the backstop.

Last edited:
Like I said they do not allow drawing from the holster. I practice at AFS doing it all the time, because frankly... if I ever need to use my weapon it's probably going to be pulled from my holster.

This looks like fun!

The Presidents Challenge Steel Plate Shoot

We will be holding The Presidents Challenge, man on man, steel plate shoot at our outdoor range facility on Sunday, September 21, 2014. The first relay will begin shooting at 10:30am. Entry fee is $5. First place wins $15 and second place takes $5. Squads will be made up of 8 shooters shooting at 5 steel plates at a distance of 30 feet. The last plate will be the "stop" plate and shooting it out of order will result in the DSQ of the shooter. Center fire guns only, revolvers or autos, with jacketed or lead bullets. Shooters will only load 6 rounds and starting position will be the "low ready". Guns may be carried in a holster but drawing from the holster will not be allowed. Failing to drop all plates will result in a forfeit to the other shooter. Those who are eliminated from their relay will be allowed to reenter. This looks to be a really great shoot and we're looking forward to seeing you there.

This looks like fun!

The Presidents Challenge Steel Plate Shoot

We will be holding The Presidents Challenge, man on man, steel plate shoot at our outdoor range facility on Sunday, September 21, 2014. The first relay will begin shooting at 10:30am. Entry fee is $5. First place wins $15 and second place takes $5. Squads will be made up of 8 shooters shooting at 5 steel plates at a distance of 30 feet. The last plate will be the "stop" plate and shooting it out of order will result in the DSQ of the shooter. Center fire guns only, revolvers or autos, with jacketed or lead bullets. Shooters will only load 6 rounds and starting position will be the "low ready". Guns may be carried in a holster but drawing from the holster will not be allowed. Failing to drop all plates will result in a forfeit to the other shooter. Those who are eliminated from their relay will be allowed to reenter. This looks to be a really great shoot and we're looking forward to seeing you there.
Sounds good..I'm in

Gentlemen, let's not forget the most important portion of the announcement.

To wit - We are looking for volunteers for set up and break down. If you want to volunteer, contact club president, Eric Dewhirst at: [email protected]

They are asking for volunteers to get there at 9:00. So I assume that the start is 10ish

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. Do you know any more on the format other than what's posted, is it just one on one matches? It mentioned relay so wasn't sure if it was a team relay race setup? Either way sounds fun I'm planning on going if nothing comes up I'll be there at 9

What time does this start?

From the posting:
The first relay will begin shooting at 10:30am

There will be more information by Monday, to include formal match rules.

u/nobigdeal508, if you don't want to shoot, don't show. It's $5 to enter the relay; depending upon how well you shoot, that may be six shots, or you may make it through several brackets.

In closing, PLEASE read the announcement and have a great week.

Last edited:
From the posting:
The first relay will begin shooting at 10:30am

There will be more information by Monday, to include formal match rules.

u/nobigdeal508, if you don't want to shoot, don't show. It's $5 to enter the relay; depending upon how well you shoot, that may be six shots, or you may make it through several brackets.

In closing, PLEASE read the announcement and have a great week.

Is it members only, or can we bring a guest(family member)? the announcement doesn't say.

Last edited:
Is it members only, or can we bring a guest(family member)? the announcement doesn't say.

Normally stuff like this is open to the public. They leave the gate open and unless you do something unsafe your all good. My opinion is that you should bring as many friends and family as you can

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Kahr PM9 Help

Hi, I've been wanting a Kahr PM9 for CCW, and I've been doing my research online. After lots of reading and YouTube videos, I still want it, but I would really like to get some first hand experience before I pull the trigger [grin]

I'm just wondering, will any club member who owns a PM9 be kind enough to show me how it's like at the range, either indoor or outdoor, and let me shoot a few rounds with it? I'll of course bring my own ammo, and I'll share my 92FS if you are interested [smile]

Thanks in advance for your help!

Back
Top Bottom