Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

dumb question here,& i think i know the answer but i was wondering if its cool to use the outdoor range while the middle school is in session??

dumb question here,& i think i know the answer but i was wondering if its cool to use the outdoor range while the middle school is in session??

Yes and hopefully it never changes. The Range was first and the school second. So they are aware. Although, member's should always be vigilant and be sure to follow all range rules, ex.. shooting into the berm only, NO exploding targets, etc.

I can only imagine what would happen if a stray bullet, god forbid, was found on school property or the unspeakable happened.

I recall when a stray bullet WAS found in a car's windshield in Raynham. The police were quick to investigate the range. Obviously other's could have shot it while hunting, or illegally discharging in the area... but the range was investigated and in the news!

Last edited:
If it is the case I am thinking of the "bullet" in the windshield was a piece of copper wire from the highway.

Yes and hopefully it never changes. The Range was first and the school second. So they are aware. Although, member's should always be vigilant and be sure to follow all range rules, ex.. shooting into the berm only, NO exploding targets, etc.

I can only imagine what would happen if a stray bullet, god forbid, was found on school property or the unspeakable happened.

I recall when a stray bullet WAS found in a car's windshield in Raynham. The police were quick to investigate the range. Obviously other's could have shot it while hunting, or illegally discharging in the area... but the range was investigated and in the news!

Any idea when next outdoor work party is going to be? Don't see anything on the website. Was at the range today and there is a huge pile of busted up target holders.

Gun Raffle Results

Just wondering about the gun raffle drawing that supposedly happened on Oct. 5, anyone happens to know where I can check the results? Thx!

Supposedly?

The October meeting served as both the annual and monthly meeting, and was open to all members. It was publicized per our bylaws...and if you purchased a ticket, the date of the drawing is printed on the same.

Toward the end of the meeting, after the election of the E-board, ticket stubs were sealed and the container was shaken and passed around by most of the membership who bothered to attend. A winner was drawn, and within 1 hour this person was contacted and responded to the president

Supposedly?

The October meeting served as both the annual and monthly meeting, and was open to all members. It was publicized per our bylaws...and if you purchased a ticket, the date of the drawing is printed on the same.

Toward the end of the meeting, after the election of the E-board, ticket stubs were sealed and the container was shaken and passed around by most of the membership who bothered to attend. A winner was drawn, and within 1 hour this person was contacted and responded to the president

Didn't mean anything bad, just wondering... Guess I didn't win :) maybe next time...

10/1/14​
Steel Plate Shoot, October 19, 2014
The Presidents Challenge Steel Plate Shoot held last month was such a hit that we have decided to hold another shoot Sunday, October 19, 2014 at our outdoor range. Set up will start at 9am and the shooting will begin at 10am. Squads and rules will be the same as the Presidents Challenge and the entry fee remains $5. First place takes $15 and second takes $5. This is a challenging and exciting competition and we hope to see you there.

I think it went well. There were fewer new faces, but we still had 9 full relays, and several informal shooter v. shooter competitions afterwards. A few folks show dramatic improvement over the past month, and some folks cared enough to dig out the old race gun.

There should be photos posted to the club site 'soon'.

In other news, steel is still heavy.

Thanks for posting this. Reminded me to make sure I go to the club tonight.

I think pistol league is tonight and jr league is tomorrow

What nights are the pistol teams and the kids shooting?
Pistol league is on Tuesday nights, from 7 - 9-ish. If only one team is at home, the west range should be available.

The Jr. Rifle Team has the exclusive use of the main range on Wednesday nights, west range available. The team may shoot on other nights also [many members are currently practicing on Monday night]

Back
Top Bottom