• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

YES, you have. You've seen quite a few.

Ever see someone emptying trash, or pulling pallet wreckage off the ranges into the burn bin?

As to the other stupid shit - Brillo, cool it. Seriously.

It isn't just protecting the backstop - that is armor plate. Everything else - target carriers, pulleys, stops, lights, etc are **not** made out of armor, and many have been damaged by rifles.

I'd go on, but I have another six hours of finance meetings to look forward to tomorrow. Enjoy the range, haven't had a chance to visit in 7 months.

Regards,
-Ben

No one is asking to shoot a rifle, I want to shoot 9mm out of a pistol with a stock. How does a plastic stock make my gun damage anything more than a standard pistol?

Brillo - you should probably listen to Sgeary - he knows a 'few' things about the NFA and how the club works.

I'm profoundly tired of listening to you piss and moan.

You aren't entirely wrong, but you refuse to listen.

The Club has tried to allow PCC's of all sort throughout the ages.

Up until the late '80's, there was a Club "special weapons permit" for exactly this, largely motivated by someone on the E-board who owned a Thompson SMG.

I've probably posted this before, but every time the Club attempts to allow PCC's / similar, folks show up shooting Nagants indoor and say "it's 30 caliber". Or shotgun slugs. Not a joke.

Due to the lowest common denominator, the policy is "handguns in these calibers, rimfire rifles only".

It isn't perfect, but it is clear, and it is easy for all to follow.

In closing, I would kindly invite you to go f*** yourself thoroughly.

You went to a meeting and asked "that rule doesn't apply to me, does it???"

Find another club.

Brillo - you should probably listen to Sgeary - he knows a 'few' things about the NFA and how the club works.

I'm profoundly tired of listening to you piss and moan.

You aren't entirely wrong, but you refuse to listen.

The Club has tried to allow PCC's of all sort throughout the ages.

Up until the late '80's, there was a Club "special weapons permit" for exactly this, largely motivated by someone on the E-board who owned a Thompson SMG.

I've probably posted this before, but every time the Club attempts to allow PCC's / similar, folks show up shooting Nagants indoor and say "it's 30 caliber". Or shotgun slugs. Not a joke.

Due to the lowest common denominator, the policy is "handguns in these calibers, rimfire rifles only".

It isn't perfect, but it is clear, and it is easy for all to follow.

In closing, I would kindly invite you to go f*** yourself thoroughly.

You went to a meeting and asked "that rule doesn't apply to me, does it???"

Find another club.

Answer these three questions, and I'll f*** off:

- Would a list of allowed calibers only not have the same effect?

- Were the people who shot 7.62x54R kicked out?

- How does banning PCC's prevent people from shooting a full size rifle or shotgun?

- A pistol with a brace is still a pistol, but also isn't allowed, why?

I went to a meeting to ask why the PCC rule exists and advocate for change, or clarification but just got hostility from eboard.

Last edited:
Four questions there, friend.

TRPC has a list of allowed calibers. Every time we tried to use it for long guns, some dope screwed it up.

I don't have access to the records from that point; normal practice would be asking several questions, then reading the riot act.

You don't want an answer, you want an argument.

I'm with you there, that's part of the reason I never used my NFA stuff on the indoor range.

NOW, KINDLY GO.

Four questions there, friend.

TRPC has a list of allowed calibers. Every time we tried to use it for long guns, some dope screwed it up.

I don't have access to the records from that point; normal practice would be asking several questions, then reading the riot act.

You don't want an answer, you want an argument.

I'm with you there, that's part of the reason I never used my NFA stuff on the indoor range.

NOW, KINDLY GO.
Ya edited and added the last one after my apologies, not leaving because you failed to answer question 3 which is the most important one. There is no tangible correlation between PCC's being banned and people shooting long guns.

Another question can one shoot a pistol with a fore grip (AOW) it's not a pistol technically.

Ya edited and added the last one after my apologies, not leaving because you failed to answer question 3 which is the most important one. There is no tangible correlation between PCC's being banned and people shooting long guns.

Another question can one shoot a pistol with a fore grip (AOW) it's not a pistol technically.
Changes are needed on the E-Board for that to happen. If you have seen them I am sure you know why I say that.

I would like to join this club as a second place to shoot, Been a member at SSC for years but it's all outdoors, the indoor ranges in Taunton are appealing and it's still close to home. I have the application filled out but left the sponsor box blank because I don't know anyone at the club. Is a sponsor a hard "have to have" thing and if so anyone here willing to sponsor yours truly?

Thanks

I would like to join this club as a second place to shoot, Been a member at SSC for years but it's all outdoors, the indoor ranges in Taunton are appealing and it's still close to home. I have the application filled out but left the sponsor box blank because I don't know anyone at the club. Is a sponsor a hard "have to have" thing and if so anyone here willing to sponsor yours truly?

Thanks
You don't need a sponsor to join, I want to say applications now are for June or July...

I hadn't been to the outdoor range in a couple of years and my son and I had a great day out today. Amazing upgrade with the paved drive in. I am not sure if it was just annual cleanup day, but the area looked great. There were even new stands someone made that had yet to be hurled down the lanes and shot to pieces.

I went to the indoor range the other day to check things out, use the pisshouse and read the bulletin board. Found out the problem with the website isnt a hardware or software isssue, but an issue with the website host. Club is trying to switch website host, but the one they have now wont release their domain name to the new host. Must be some sort of bitch fight......

Back
Top Bottom