The 2/8/2013 Rally At the State House Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering about a Friday rally. Would we be allowed to stand on the steps like we did yesterday? The gates would not be closed, as the State House would be open for business. Does that cause us to change up logistics to not impede access to the front entrance.

Just trying to stay steps in front of SP & Security.

Based on the history of what transpired in 1999, they locked the gates and PROHIBITED us from standing on State House property (so much for the "people's house") during the rally. I was also just reminded that they had SWAT staged nearby and Capital Police (back then) stationed on the other side of the gates. They were very nervous about our presence.

A Saturday rally is nice in terms of getting people there, but there is no one in the State House to talk to. The only people there were the DCR Rangers. I'm sure they were impressed, but that won't help us.

We need to rally and then go inside and try to find our Reps and Senators. Chances are they won't be there, but their staff will be.

Agreed. Friday is normally "in the district" day, meaning most legislators are supposed to be meeting with constituents in the cities/towns they represent. However as you point out, their staff is there and that still is useful.

[STRIKE=undefined]IIRC this event is one scheduled by GOAL and no doubt they will take care of logistics like they did in 1999.[/STRIKE] SORRY, it looks like I was confused here!

Last edited:
I heard the organizers may or may not have ties with questionable groups. That said, we should try to make sure the same level.of respectability and professionalism of this past weekend takes place then. If that can be assured Ill be in.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Mike
Any chance you can keep me posted on this....I was really moved Staurday and proud to be a part of it , I don't want to miss any that may be set up like the last, But like you I also don't want to get mixed in with the wrong message

I heard the organizers may or may not have ties with questionable groups. That said, we should try to make sure the same level.of respectability and professionalism of this past weekend takes place then. If that can be assured Ill be in.
I would urge the same caution in ensuring that we continue the success of this past weekend.

I think a big part of the success of this past weekend was not only the laser focus on 2A, but that we were the same exemplary citizens we usually are in cooperating with the City and making sure we left things cleaner than we arrived. We gave the media nothing to work with to smear us and gave the City nothing but cooperation and respect to remember us by for the future.

Tactics and people from past Occupy protests should be avoided at all costs and anyone who cannot abide by this approach is not someone who is going to help our cause.

Bringing in a litany of peripheral issues is a huge mistake and though I think there is a heap of blame to go around to one party or the other on any given aspect of this issue, avoiding partisanship to the point of pain is a key to us breaking out of the old boxes we've been in.

Don't drag the Fed, "Global Zionism", "Chem Trails", "War on Drugs" or anything else, tinfoil or not into this.

The media is eager to marginalize us. GIVE THEM NOTHING TO WORK WITH.

I am supportive to the point of personal discomfort of other's right to express themselves, so I will not stand in anyone's way.

I would only ask that everyone scrutinize the organizers of any given event and either withhold participation or step in to organize themselves to ensure that your presence and support is not hijacked for a cause other than your intention.

- - - Updated - - -

IIRC this event is one scheduled by GOAL and no doubt they will take care of logistics like they did in 1999.
(copied from my latest post):
From GOAL's email ("Ready to Rally?"), they have announced two rallies thus far:
1/19 (already happened)
1/27 (North Brookfield)

Last edited:
IIRC this event is one scheduled by GOAL and no doubt they will take care of logistics like they did in 1999.

Thanks Len, I did not realize it was setup by GOAL. Thought it was setup by the same guys that organized yesterday.

So the info should then be on the GOAL website.

Bringing in a litany of peripheral issues is a huge mistake and though I think there is a heap of blame to go around to one party or the other on any given aspect of this issue, avoiding partisanship to the point of pain is a key to us breaking out of the old boxes we've been in.

Don't drag the Fed, "Global Zionism", "Chem Trails", "War on Drugs" or anything else, tinfoil or not into this.

Absolutely! We need to focus on our issue, not let anyone dilute our message or worse, use us to deliver theirs.

I am not aware that GOAL has coordinated with the 2/8 rally, can you provide reference? I thought there was contact made and questions and concerns about organization that could not be addressed.

Perhaps I am mistaken.

There's nothing on their website about a 2/8/2013 rally. They have something about the North Brookfield rally.

I didn't dream this, did I? There was a thread about this on the site?

Hopefully the same people who lead Saturday's rally will lead this one. They did a great job. The only thing they should make sure of is more organized speakers are there. Oh, and a permit for some sort of amplified sound system.

Thanks Len, I did not realize it was setup by GOAL. Thought it was setup by the same guys that organized yesterday.

I don't think it is a GOAL event. It was initially called by FreeAmericanPatriots and is not being setup by the same guys that organized 1/19 since I am one of those guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely! We need to focus on our issue, not let anyone dilute our message or worse, use us to deliver theirs.

There's nothing on their website about a 2/8/2013 rally. They have something about the North Brookfield rally.

I didn't dream this, did I? There was a thread about this on the site?

Hopefully the same people who lead Saturday's rally will lead this one. They did a great job. The only thing they should make sure of is more organized speakers are there. Oh, and a permit for some sort of amplified sound system.
North Brookfield is the 27th.

GOAL was asked to speak and support this event and it is.

The 2/8 Rally, per my understanding was called by FreeAmericanPatriots in some now closed threads (for good reason).

The 1/19 Rally was organized primarily by dongalonga. I provided support by seeking out permits/permission and coordinating with BPD. GOAL supported our efforts in getting the message out to its members and clubs.

We have no involvement with the 2/8 rally at this point, nor does GOAL as far as I know, but I cannot speak for them.

Last edited:
I am not aware that GOAL has coordinated with the 2/8 rally, can you provide reference? I thought there was contact made and questions and concerns about organization that could not be addressed.

Perhaps I am mistaken.

[STRIKE=undefined]I seem to remember reading it here on NES when people asked "what is GOAL doing". There are too many threads here now about the rally last weekend for me to even try to find it. Calling the office and asking is the best way to find out. [There has been so much info here in the past week or so that I also might well be mistaken, so it pays to check.][/STRIKE] SORRY, I was confused and WRONG!!

Last edited:
I seem to remember reading it here on NES when people asked "what is GOAL doing". There are too many threads here now about the rally last weekend for me to even try to find it. Calling the office and asking is the best way to find out. [There has been so much info here in the past week or so that I also might well be mistaken, so it pays to check.]
Calling is the best way to find out and we should all be very careful not to spread misinformation and add to the confusion.

Being one of those who helped organize 1/19, I can say for certain 2/8 is not "the same guys."

Last edited:
If this rally is put on by a questionable group it may actually hurt us quite a bit. Can we get more solid word on its organizing? If nothing else we could hijack something that was going to be damaging and make it good.

No attention beats negative attention.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Made of fail. I see why it was locked and why I couldn't find it when I looked.

It might be better if we organized another rally on a different day. I'm not sure I want to be connected to this group if they even have a rally.

Here is the original thread:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ation-at-Massachusetts-State-House-(02-08-13)

Let's just say it did not end well... [thinking]

- - - Updated - - -

From GOAL's email ("Ready to Rally?"), they have announced two rallies thus far:
1/19 (already happened)
1/27 (North Brookfield)

Is a rally in North Brookfield really going to help? We had a rally in front of the State House and look at how little media coverage we got.

I think we need to continue to rally at the State House, probably just not in conjunction with this other group.

Made of fail. I see why it was locked and why I couldn't find it when I looked.

It might be better if we organized another rally on a different day. I'm not sure I want to be connected to this group if they even have a rally.

Is a rally in North Brookfield really going to help? We had a rally in front of the State House and look at how little media coverage we got.

I think we need to continue to rally at the State House, probably just not in conjunction with this other group.
[laugh] That keeps coming up, things are moving VERY fast and it happened the other way. NB formed and asked GOAL if they could come and support per their communications director in another thread.

We need to have one on the sidewalk in front of Deval's house! That way the media won't keep making it sound like we only care about Obama's crappy legislation.

Calling is the best way to find out and we should all be very careful not to spread misinformation and add to the confusion.

Being one of those who helped organize 1/19, I can say for certainly 2/8 is not "the same guys."

Well. now after reading a post by Mike S on who is behind the 2/8 rally, I think that I was confused. Looks indeed like GOAL is NOT involved and not a group I'd want to be associated with either! Sorry, I try hard to not spread misinformation and blew it this time.

Well. now after reading a post by Mike S on who is behind the 2/8 rally, I think that I was confused. Looks indeed like GOAL is NOT involved and not a group I'd want to be associated with either! Sorry, I try hard to not spread misinformation and blew it this time.
It's confusing and fluid out there.

i'll keep an eye on this thread, and others for the next rally, if its a weekday, i'll need time to try and get a day off approved.

I am only attending protests sponsored by GOAL, NRA, COMM 2 A, etc. It does not seem like this rally is associated with a legitimate organization.

Last edited:
You and me both. We do need more rallies, but this is not one of them. Lcstyle is wrong since there was no official sponsor for Saturday's rally, but this group doesn't seem like one that I'd want to associate with. Back to the drawing board. Maybe we can get a moderator to close this thread.

FAP, are you planning on answering HKDrummer's question from the previous thread? There are too many unknowns with your organization. I am hesitant in attending a rally by an organization I am not familiar with, or that is not backed by an organization I am familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom