The 2/8/2013 Rally At the State House Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding it a little insane that a bona fide group cannot set an effective date at the State House - such as a scheduled Legislative Day, or other event day at the State House, and get the word out through the usual channels! WTF!? What can't GOAL do this! North Brookfield! Fine little town, but I don't think a meeting there is sufficiently militant. Why are we not taking over Boston Common in addition to the State House?

Especially after the grass roots effort being so successful on the 19th.

Massachusetts is at the cutting edge of this anti-gun effort! Texas? Utah? These states are complete locks for 2A. What about National Groups?

The questions should be, "how can we get the NRA here"

I'm finding it a little insane that a bona fide group cannot set an effective date at the State House...
The issue, from what I have seen is that the NRA doesn't have much of a presence here in terms of a lobbyist who knows Bacon Hill. They do come in to testify against bills and have emailed about MA, though their email "highlights" missed some of the worst of this latest bill, but they don't have someone everyone on Bacon Hill recognizes such as GOAL's Wallace.

The issue with GOAL's Wallace right now, from my observations is that he has been doing everything he can "inside" the State House. I know from having called into GOAL that they are swamped (understatement) with phone calls from press, to legislators to us trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

So, WE have to step up. In recent years past, unfortunately, we have not been able to get rallies like this going, with any amount of notice, so GOAL has had to work with what they had and focus inside the State House.

Clearly the rules of the game have changed as they have crossed lines and poked the Bear (which is good for us in the long run), but rather than asking why GOAL doesn't have a "rally department" we just need to accept that years of our apathy got us here and the only way it gets fixed is that every last gun owner needs to stop asking "why isn't anyone doing something" and figure out what you can do.

I don't know if this has been brought up previously in other threads but does anyone have any/know of any plans to get the word out about this proposed MA legislation at the Marlboro gun show this weekend? Some kind of leafletting or sign holders by the entrances informing the many of the less informed about what's going on specifically in MA..

You and me both. We do need more rallies, but this is not one of them. Lcstyle is wrong since there was no official sponsor for Saturday's rally, but this group doesn't seem like one that I'd want to associate with. Back to the drawing board. Maybe we can get a moderator to close this thread.

Maybe I am wrong but the media is looking for anything to latch onto in their anti-2a rights crusade. I want to be associated with groups that I know will present a positive and worthwhile message, not with one that might fuel the anti 2a crusader's fire. We are law abiding citizens seeking redress from our government, and we seek civil discourse. To this end I do not want to be associated with Fringe groups that may be trying to take a different approach.

Maybe I am wrong but the media is looking for anything to latch onto in their anti-2a rights crusade. I want to be associated with groups that I know will present a positive and worthwhile message, not with one that might fuel the anti 2a crusader's fire. We are law abiding citizens seeking redress from our government, and we seek civil discourse. To this end I do not want to be associated with Fringe groups that may be trying to take a different approach.

Well said!

736816_428963173838790_1948013487_o.jpg

We are looking for more speaker or any patriot that would like to speak about our 2nd right ~Nick M

2/8/13 @ Noon more info can be found at https://www.facebook.com/events/419457028130968/

Massachusetts State House rally for the 2nd amendment !

Special guest speaker veteran Marine Corps officer. Boston College Graduate and Constitutional law student, Chris Nawoichik will be our Speaker at the Feb. 8th 2nd Right Rally.

Special guest Dan Bidondi INFOWARS.com Reporter will be covering the event.

We are joining the Nationwide 2nd amendment peaceful demonstration, event listed below. NEW ENGLAND is participating! Hopefully you can represent at your state capitol too.
This Event because of Mayor Menino, Devil patrick and the city of Boston Anti- Gun Views will be a [Concealed Carry] only event. Make sure you have proper licenses/registrations to take part in this event.No guns allowed on the Boston Common.

I am the founder of a collective Liberty loving people who are involved many other political activity's to fight for liberty and the constitution as well. The Goal of this group is to take a stronger and more active political stance and reach out to like minded patriots who Love Liberty Freedom and the pursuit to happiness at a grassroots level. We will gather at the State house and have a peaceful protest for our 2nd amendment which is our right of Freedom of speech. We are looking for a speaker who would like to speak in front of the state house on a Mega-phone to talk about gun control and laws.. and educate the people of their rights as citizens of Massachusetts. We will also march from the state house to Faniuel Hall. Anyone who would like to participate in the march will take place at the end of the rally in front of (OUR) state house. I am open to any input from anyone.The JBS is also backing us! Important Info: it is a concealed carry event. Please do not miss out and express your civil rights. ~Nick M

IF you would like to be a speaker Contact Nick M email @ [email protected]
IF your group would like to take part in the event contact Stephen Rogerson JBS email @ [email protected]
Nick M Will Cover Massachusetts. Live Free or Die

Jessica will Cover Maine @ https://www.facebook.com/events/148827921935233/

JBS http://www.jbs.org/

2nd Right Find your STATE HERE https://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

20_Guns_Across_America_10.jpg
Molon labe ~Nick M
http://bostonglobe.com/news/nation/...n-control/N6VlXhOd2fXHUGKkVVeE0J/picture.html

Last edited:
Yeah these are the people the lefty media loves: people on the fringes of any movement.
They discredit the veracity of the majority of Pro 2A rights supporters.

Yep. Bet you the media trips over themselves to get a story from this one...and it gets featured prominently on the news.

736816_428963173838790_1948013487_o.jpg

We are looking for more speaker or any patriot that would like to speak about our 2nd right ~Nick M

2/8/13 @ Noon more info can be found at https://www.facebook.com/events/419457028130968/

Massachusetts State House rally for the 2nd amendment !

Special guest speaker veteran Marine Corps officer. Boston College Graduate and Constitutional law student, Chris Nawoichik will be our Speaker at the Feb. 8th 2nd Right Rally.

Special guest Dan Bidondi INFOWARS.com Reporter will be covering the event.

We are joining the Nationwide 2nd amendment peaceful demonstration, event listed below. NEW ENGLAND is participating! Hopefully you can represent at your state capitol too.
This Event because of Mayor Menino, Devil patrick and the city of Boston Anti- Gun Views will be a [Concealed Carry] only event. Make sure you have proper licenses/registrations to take part in this event.No guns allowed on the Boston Common.

I am the founder of a collective Liberty loving people who are involved many other political activity's to fight for liberty and the constitution as well. The Goal of this group is to take a stronger and more active political stance and reach out to like minded patriots who Love Liberty Freedom and the pursuit to happiness at a grassroots level. We will gather at the State house and have a peaceful protest for our 2nd amendment which is our right of Freedom of speech. We are looking for a speaker who would like to speak in front of the state house on a Mega-phone to talk about gun control and laws.. and educate the people of their rights as citizens of Massachusetts. We will also march from the state house to Faniuel Hall. Anyone who would like to participate in the march will take place at the end of the rally in front of (OUR) state house. I am open to any input from anyone.The JBS is also backing us! Important Info: it is a concealed carry event. Please do not miss out and express your civil rights. ~Nick M

IF you would like to be a speaker Contact Nick M email @ [email protected]
IF your group would like to take part in the event contact Stephen Rogerson JBS email @ [email protected]
Nick M Will Cover Massachusetts. Live Free or Die

Jessica will Cover Maine @ https://www.facebook.com/events/148827921935233/

JBS http://www.jbs.org/

2nd Right Find your STATE HERE https://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

20_Guns_Across_America_10.jpg
Molon labe ~Nick M
http://bostonglobe.com/news/nation/...n-control/N6VlXhOd2fXHUGKkVVeE0J/picture.html

Although I agree with your ideals, as we here all share them, I don't feel you are taking the correct approach right now by carrying inflammatory signs such as "Molon Labe", Come and Take Them", etc. Inmo, this is just the kind of stuff that the media looks for to paint us as gun crazed whacko militants. If the time ever comes for us to actually spread that message, then I will be on board 100%, but I don't feel that this is that time, so I am out.

This will be great...at least politicians will be in the house on a Friday. Let's rock this one..hopefully we can double in numbers

Although I agree with your ideals, as we here all share them, I don't feel you are taking the correct approach right now by carrying inflammatory signs such as "Molon Labe", Come and Take Them", etc. Inmo, this is just the kind of stuff that the media looks for to paint us as gun crazed whacko militants. If the time ever comes for us to actually spread that message, then I will be on board 100%, but I don't feel that this is that time, so I am out.
How can you stand for the 2nd amendment and only support the 1st part of it?

Even if no NESers show up, although it appears we will be represented there, and they have an unruly or misbehaving crowd, it could hurt us.

Nizzie, please keep your rally "peaceful". Watch your appearance. It will help all of us.

Even if no NESers show up, although it appears we will be represented there, and they have an unruly or misbehaving crowd, it could hurt us.

Nizzie, please keep your rally "peaceful". Watch your appearance. It will help all of us.
Yes. I absolutely support your right to assemble and speak your mind, but I would ask the same as Bill. Remember those who have to come after you in terms of working with the City/PD etc...

This is a revolutionary flag it is from our History Have we not forgetting that? Modern time call for modernized flag. We are all part of the militia and that does not Make u a Terrorist,extremist, wacko and crazy. that is All main steam lies to divide and conquer us. That is not what we are about and for you guys that feed into the establishments propaganda to discredit us. That is wrong And I will Prove my point. The 2nd Right is the Real Home land Security~ Nick M

How can you stand for the 2nd amendment and only support the 1st part of it?

Supporting your right to express yourself and supporting what you have to say with my presence are two very different things.

Thank you cekim for answering in my absence. I agree 100%.

FAP, if you read my reply to your post you can see that I wasn't questioning your ideals, or beliefs, as I share them, I was merely saying that I don't agree that now is the time to present ourselves in a threatening manner to the general public (sheep). Hopefully this makes sense to you.

Yes. I absolutely support your right to assemble and speak your mind, but I would ask the same as Bill. Remember those who have to come after you in terms of working with the City/PD etc...

I respect the Law I am a law abiding citizen You guys have no reason to think other wise of me I have came to your Rally in support and now Support your fellow Patriot and I respect all of you guys and the BPD let make that Clear.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a peaceful rally no rally we have ever did was unlawful and I expect the same from every one~ Nick M

This is a revolutionary flag it is from our History Have we not forgetting that? Modern time call for modernized flag. We are all part of the militia and that does not Make u a Terrorist,extremist, wacko and crazy. that is All main steam lies to divide and conquer us. That is not what we are about and for you guys that feed into the establishments propaganda to discredit us. That is wrong And I will Prove my point. The 2nd Right is the Real Home land Security~ Nick M

Nick, once again, you are right, and no one here is arguing that! We are trying to bring the general public over to seeing us not as extremists, but as regular doctors, lawyers, engineers, factory workers, dads, etc. JUST LIKE THEM. When we come across as militants, that is NOT the same message, and only works against us in the wake of tragedies involving firearms.

Thank you cekim for answering in my absence. I agree 100%.

FAP, if you read my reply to your post you can see that I wasn't questioning your ideals, or beliefs, as I share them, I was merely saying that I don't agree that now is the time to present ourselves in a threatening manner to the general public (sheep). Hopefully this makes sense to you.

We are not threatening that is Main stream propaganda . we are peaceful law abiding citizens who love our country, Freedom, and Liberty. But yes I understand what you are saying Terminator I just had to make things Clear.

Supporting your right to express yourself and supporting what you have to say with my presence are two very different things.

what I mean is how can you stand for the 2nd amendment "The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." But Not stand by the 1st Part "A well regulated Militia, Being necessary to the security of a free state". III% regardless of establishments image or not. This is very important for Freedom and Liberty

what I mean is how can you stand for the 2nd amendment "The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." But Not stand by the 1st Part "A well regulated Militia, Being necessary to the security of a free state". III% regardless of establishments image or not. This is very important for Freedom and Liberty

There is a time and a place for everything. This is not the right time for that. You'll be scaring people into more knee-jerk responses and thus make things worse for ALL of us...and really push things to the edge regarding the RKBA.

Because I understand enough of how the media plays its games.

I understand that while Alex Jones, John Birch, Anonymous, Occupy et al. get some things right now and then, they also miss big and destroy their credibility in the process.

I understand we have limited opportunities to shift public opinion, so I am going to try my best to focus my energies and message to their best highest purpose. To put it bluntly and speaking only for myself, the image you are cultivating on youtube and the groups you have hooked up with come with baggage that expect will hurt more than it helps.

I don't know what else to say?

Nick, once again, you are right, and no one here is arguing that! We are trying to bring the general public over to seeing us not as extremists, but as regular doctors, lawyers, engineers, factory workers, dads, etc. JUST LIKE THEM. When we come across as militants, that is NOT the same message, and only works against us in the wake of tragedies involving firearms.

yes I understand that and you guys can come and represent your self's. I will not Play Gate Keeper speaker every one voice will Be herd, but does not mean I will turn my Back on the III% or the militia because people are afraid of what people will think of them this will get us no where. Real Patriotism is resistance to tyranny not submissive obedience to the system

yes I understand that and you guys can come and represent your self's. I will not Play Gate Keeper speaker every one voice will Be herd, but does not mean I will turn my Back on the III% or the militia because people are afraid of what people will think of them this will get us no where. Real Patriotism is resistance to tyranny not submissive obedience to the system
Then you need to better understand your opposition.

They control the message.

This is not a video game, movie or rap video. There are no heroic gestures that will save the day or have a happy ending because "good always triumphs." This is reality and reality is messy, political, unfair and frankly, most of the time evil wins because it abides by no rules.

The Media will always play games you are never going to fix that no matter how well dressed you try to fit their image. and this is not a occupy group so please stop saying that you just dividing the patriots from turning out Thank you ~ Nick M

Nick, like I said, I respect that, but at the same time wish to not alienate the vast majority of our population at this pivotal time. We as a group need to "win hearts and minds" right now more than we need to shout from the rooftops that we will resist government tyranny. The simple fact is that without the support of THE PEOPLE, the government is dead in the water with any of these proposals, but in the wake of several mass shootings, the general public is afraid, and needs to see that WE are not to blame. I guarantee that the type of demonstration your group is proposing WILL be painted by MSM to put all of us even more on the defense rather than to get people to intelligently process that gun owners are just regular folks like them.

Then you need to better understand your opposition.

They control the message.

This is not a video game, movie or rap video. There are no heroic gestures that will save the day or have a happy ending because "good always triumphs." This is reality and reality is messy, political, unfair and frankly, most of the time evil wins because it abides by no rules.
Easy to discredit the facts. Its funny how you say this is not a video game its like your part of the divide I am not a Child I am A farther and A grown man so please Don't try that path I was there at the rally you could of came up and talked to me. and Yes Liberty Always wins in the END. ~Nick M

This is a peaceful rally no rally we have ever did was unlawful and I expect the same from every one~ Nick M

I truly wish you much success on Feb8.

MOLON LABE actually is ancient Greek and comes from the battle of Thermopylae when the 300 Spartans were asked to lay down their arms by Xerxes, they replied "come and take them". It is a noble response to a ridiculous demand. The Greek army (what's left of it) to this day paints the phrase on their tanks and other military equipment. It was used later by the Republic of Texas.

That being said, it could be construed as a "line in the sand" type of stance, and I don't think (?) we're at that point...yet. I agree with all the sentiments the flag represents and there certainly is a place in the rally for it. I just wouldn't make it your main "Battle Flag".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom