The December Big E show

Frosty,

Looking at the map of the grounds
http://www.thebige.com/docs/06GroundsMap.pdf
where exactly is the gun show?

Thanks,
Jack

Sue was right on about the location. Also, the staff is very good about giving directions.

Looks like I will probably not be able to make it until Sunday, if at all. One sone has Basketball practise Saturday morning, the other has a formal dance that night. SWMBO has already given me my schedule for the day. It has very little if any "me" time.

[sad2]

I found out today we're not leaving untill 8am Saturday. I was hoping to leave around 7am because its almost a 2 hr drive but getting there an hour late is better than nothing.
And don't worry Frosty... I've gone on Sunday before and found deals. I call it gun show fate.[laugh]

If you end up going on Sunday, it's best to go after noon time as a lot of good deals can be worked at that point. I've haggled significant price drops at that time. This works well with some smaller FFLs that haven't sold as much as they'd hoped.

And don't worry Frosty... I've gone on Sunday before and found deals. I call it gun show fate.

Unfortunately the only thing I really want is a case of Radway Green .223.

I can't go as I haven't been cleared to drive just yet and I'm not supposed
to be riding in a car for more than an hour at a time. If anyone runs across
someone selling a S&W 16-4 could you jot down the price and the seller
information for me. Thanks in advance.

TBP

I'm guessing I'll bump into most of you that I know at some location during the show. Probably the Zero Hour table if there is one.
For you newbies out there that will be looking for other NES members... most wear NES t shirts, unless you've been too lazy to get one like me. [rolleyes] I'll be wearing a black Levi jacket and black Falcon graphite rods baseball hat. If you spot a fellow NESr, introduce yourself. Always good to meet new people from the forums.

I'll look in at Zero Hour - if anyone sees a guy with glasses and a tan hat with the US Ordnance 'flaming bomb' on it Saturday morning, that's me......

Kevin (new guy)

Last edited:
If anyone goes and gets home early and their are M&P's for sale there please post here and post prices if you remember.

Thanks,
Pete

We went this morning. We got there right around 9am. Wasn't very busy and we could make our way around nicely. It wasn't bad. I don't think as many tables as the last one but still a fair amount. There were some deals to be had. I'll have Glenn post later. I go to look and see my favorite ruskie. He always has stacking dolls and laquer boxes. Today I got my mother in laws Christmas present from him. She was commenting on the laquer boxes I got the last time so I picked one out for her.

To whoever was looking for the Radway,there was none to be found in the tent.I was going to buy the same thing.

He just had 200 round PP BP's for $55.00 and some frangible .223

Slim pickins,the a-hole from NY brought about 1/4 of what he usually brings and left his Dad in charge.

We picked up the small parts I was looking for some ak mags (12.00 ea)
some 1911 mags new in wrap (GI) 9.00 ea another Romy AK parts kits and some US parts. And some other parts. Less tables than the last show but some good prices on some stuff. a few guys had 1919 kits for 450.00

I decided to go and look for an M&P but couldn't find one!!! Oh well it wasn't meant to be. Overall I wasn't impressed at all with the show. I guess if you're into the old stuff it is good but if you want something fairly new it isn't a good show.

When you see Al, please say hi to him for me. We use to race dirt bikes years back but he was way faster than me. He was an astoundingly gifted competitor.

Definitely not as nicely priced as the Marlboro show. Prices I saw Were in fact average gun show price if not pretty high on some things. And the ammo was indeed scaled down and more expensive. $12 for a 20 round box of Igman 7.62x54.... I'll pass. Lots of 7.62x39 ammo, including 1,400+ round cases of PRVI but it was pricey. Also saw the case of US training rifles. :::drool::: a few thousand dollars and they're yours.[rolleyes] .308 was in stock and I know some people liked that. I did get my birthday (12/22) present early from my Father, a Rock River Arms complete lower.[grin]
Also got a Finn M39 sling, a few AR mags, a Mini 14 mag, a few North Cape books, some ammo cans, and some jerky.
NESrs I saw were SDavid, Madmarc, SherrifDudley, Rockrivr1, and a few others. Always great to see folks from the forum.[wink]

What is "PP"? And whomade the frangible (if you happen to remember)?

Privi Partizan(SP?) The "new" Wolf imported M193 5.56,it's decent plinking ammo..The PVC Battle Packs were $55,and the bags with 10 boxes were $50 per 200,same ammo.it is cheaper than getting it online if you figure in the shipping.

I can't remember the frangible brand,sorry.It wasn't a major manufacturer.

Picked up a Bubba'd Romainian SKS. In pretty good shape.
Wish he had the original stock though.
Now I have a project gun to play with. [wink]

It was more of a millitary collectables / flea market show.

I saw Milsurps, Chris(?) and talked on the phone with another NESer. I've worked enough shows where I am starting to know the other dealers at least on sight.

Unfortunately the GOAL booth was off to the back in a "flea market / WWII Axis souvenir” section.

The only things I picked up this time was a replacement booney hat, the first one is at the bottom of Lake Winnipesauke after a terrible boating accident (okay, so I jumped out of the kayak and lost my hat), this one was only $10 where as my first one was $15, and I also picked up a cable safe for the truck for a special dealer price :) . Since it was a gun show I did pick up one piece of beef jerky for $1.

The prices for AR-15 uppers weren’t too bad, but they were a little on the high side for me. I would have paid their asking price plus $25 if they came with a bolt that was matched to the upper with a charging handle. As others have said: you can find deals there if you know what you are looking for regarding parts, but for new or used guns I’ll stick with Tite-Group or Mike’s Gun Shop, “both in Northboro, conveniently located near the GOAL office for all your GOAL related gear and merchandise.”

If you are looking for pistols, revolvers, black rifles or just a “Gun Show!” hold out for Marlboro if Springfield is more than a two hour drive for you.

Oh BTW the tax "investigators" were there today.

Last edited:
Ya I got there around noon, went right to Zero Hour Arms table to pick up my Christmas present [smile] , Marc brought a nice Colt Trooper from Fred for me to pick up at his table.

Got out of there around 4, there where not as many tables as the one a few months ago. I was talking with one of the dealers and he said there was a big show in Penn. that a lot of the dealers went to instead of this one. This one was more Military and collectables stuff (that's how they advertised it).

There was some good deals, not many. I saw one dealer selling a lot of holsters (I was looking for a nice paddle for my 1911), I didn't see one so I asked if he had one and he says "oh ya I've got a bunch of left hand stuff under the table in back". I just looked at him and said "well it's kind of hard to sell them from there isn't it". I saw a lot of that with this show where the dealers where not putting things up on the tables, real hard to sell it if you can't see it !!!

Overall though it was a nice small show, the ones in the spring and summer are bigger.

David, was that "Smiley"?? Many of the holsters he's advertised here on NES are lefties.

Not sure, never got his name. If I remember right he was kind of in the front middle rows, not far from where you come in.

He was the only one there that had a lot of holsters, nice guy, was real friendly and new his product well, I bought a few things from him.

Doe's he just advertise in the "for sale" section or is his store stickyed somewhere ???

I thought the show was great. I saw a LOT of deals, but only had so much money available to spend. Ran into a bunch of people I know. A few from the forum, some old friends and even a few extended family members. I think I chatted more then I shopped.

I passed on a belguim made Browning Hi Power that was $475 in nice shape. I passed on a really nice Remington 1100 with a Hastings bbl and rem chokes for $350.
I passed on a S&W 625-3 for $480. This was a hard pass for me because I've wanted one for a while.

I finally bought something at the very last table of the day. It just happened to be the Zero Arms table and I bought an East German Makarov for $300. It was in great shape and I'd been looking for one at a decent price.

If I had a spare $1500 I would of been one happy camper walking out of that place!!!!

The ammo tent was definitely less then usual. Even the reloading guy in the tent didn't have a whole lot.

Overall I had a great time.

Not sure, never got his name. If I remember right he was kind of in the front middle rows, not far from where you come in.

He was the only one there that had a lot of holsters, nice guy, was real friendly and new his product well, I bought a few things from him.

Doe's he just advertise in the "for sale" section or is his store stickyed somewhere ???

David, I didn't attend the show. Too many other commitments this weekend and find the Big E shows tremendously disappointing.

Smiley only posts "for sale" holsters and grips here on NES. He's never posted a word in any other thread. Here's his latest ad.
http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13829

I passed on a really nice Remington 1100 with a Hastings bbl and rem chokes for $350.

I think I know which one you are talking about, that was a sweet 1100

If I had a spare $1500 I would of been one happy camper walking out of that place!!!!

I here ya there, there was a lot I would have liked, there was a Whetherby that I fell in love with, it was only $1900 [crying] [crying] [crying]

The ammo tent was definitely less then usual. Even the reloading guy in the tent didn't have a whole lot.

They were almost empty when I went in there.

I take that back, I just remembered another guy that was over by the Westfield Sportsman Club that had a lot of holsters.

Both guys where real nice, had a good time BSing with them.

Back
Top Bottom