The December Big E show

SKS Ray

NES Member
Well its less than a week away. Tables and tables of goodies, and a handful of ammo sellers trying to stay warm outside in the tent.[laugh]
Ya gotta wonder if prices will be fair, sky high, or maybe even low with stuff priced to move. The recent elections should play a part in this show, I'm just hoping its for the better. The last few big gun shows have been decent on prices with some gems found for cheap money. Of course being close to Christmas its hard to blow a wad of cash on a new gun while most still have a list of gifts to buy people.
I'm not even looking for anything in particular. I'll do my usual quick blast through the whole show, scanning tables like the Terminator looking for that right off the bat bargain that I can't pass up. Then I'll go back around and slowly look at everything to check for any accessories I might find.
Having settled into SKS rifles as my main focus of collecting, I'm hoping to pick up a non refurbed Russian, or a Romanian, or maybe even an Albanian at a fair price. Of course I'm always on the lookout for that guy who has no idea what the real value of what hes selling is.[smile]
Anyone looking for anything specific? Theres usually a spot where NESrs meet up and congregate. Maybe we can for a search and keep an eye out for what others are looking to get.

I'm debating about going. I'm looking for an M&P .40 that I know I won't be able to find!!! I know we can't buy them here yet but you never know. Could be an LEO that has one for sale??? I know it won't happen.

Is this show worth attending?

Pete

I be there on Saturday.

The last show was pretty good, I found some real good deals on little stuff.

I'm going to look for some holsters and other goodies.

I'm also going to meet up with Marc to pick up my Christmas present from my wife, buying a Colt Trooper from Fred (flotter390) [smile] [smile] [smile] . I don't no who's getting the better deal here, she hasn't told me what she wants yet [grin] [grin] [grin] .

Last edited:
Both the M&P .40 and the 9mm are on the list (as of Dec. 2006 anyway). Don't know about the AG's rules.

Last edited:
Both the M&P .40 and the 9mm are on the list (as of Dec. 2006 anyway). Don't know about the AG's rules.

Which means that the odds are VERY HIGH that someone will be selling them, even if they don't meet the AG's BS. Just be wary of hi-cap mags for it, otherwise good luck and happy hunting! [wink]

To be right up front i have never gone to a gun show.... what is the chances I can pick up some modifications for an AK?

can't promise it but they should have some of the parts, as for Stocks you looking for US ones or just replacements? I don't think I have seen new US ak stocks at the shows. as for the triggers maybe someone else will know. I just bought mine from the guy who I got my kits from.

To be right up front i have never gone to a gun show.... what is the chances I can pick up some modifications for an AK?

Good God Man! No gun shows yet?
Thats like being 21 for a while and never having gone to a strip club yet. [laugh]
I try to go to them all, you never know what you'll find. My best milsurp deals have been at gun shows.

So the question I have is being new to the New England area, living in New Hampshire, if I attend this show can I buy anything?

TDSE no firearms unless you can arrange to have them shipped to a NH FFL.
parts yes, ammo no, (unless you have a non-resident LTC) MAss gun laws suck that way. (you need an FID (firearms ID card or or LiecenseToCarrry) to buy ammo or guns here. no possesion of firearms without said permit. (DO NOT DRIVE into mass with one of your guns!)

Glenn is mostly correct. However, nobody has ever asked to see any ID before selling me ammo or mags at any gun show anywhere in MA. Nasty Steve from NY (who essentially is the only one allowed to sell a variety of ammo at Big E shows in the tent) could care less who he sells to as long as the money is green.

Per MGLs, even possession of a NR LTC does NOT entitle anyone to buy ammo in MA.

Any more info on this shop? Location, directions?

If your on the mass pike get off at the Sturbridge exit, which is also to 84 South. After you go through the tolls you will take your first exit towards Sturbridge, Brimfield. From their you'll go straight through a set of lights to the center of Sturbridge. You'll go straight at the next two sets of lights. Bron's is about 2-3 miles on the right in a brick building. It's diagonally across from the Millyard Marketplace. If you hit a third set of lights that has a Youth/Lions club on the right, you've gone a little to far.

Folks,
Anybody from Boston area plans to go to the Big E Saturday morning? We can carpool. Please PM me or email de1992 at rcn.com .

Pardon my ignorance, but I've never been to a gun either. How does it work? are the vendors all ffls or are you buying ftf. If ffls, I take it that you can look but can't buy all the goodies that mass prevents us from having. Do they sort out the stuff that's mass legal?

Pardon my ignorance, but I've never been to a gun either. How does it work? are the vendors all ffls or are you buying ftf. If ffls, I take it that you can look but can't buy all the goodies that mass prevents us from having. Do they sort out the stuff that's mass legal?

Most of the vendors are FFLs but there are a fair number of people walking around with firearms which they want to sell ftf. In Mass, if you are a Mass resident with the proper firearms license you can buy ftf if you see something you like (and can afford). Just remember that an FA-10 has to be filled out (and sent in to the CHSB) to make the purchase legal.

Most vendors (at least of the ones I have dealt with) are up on the regulations and know what they sell and what they can't sell. There are a few who do not follow the rules - watch for them and avoid them.

How do you know which ones to avoid? Know the rules is the only advice I can offer.

For example, if a "vendor" is selling say, Glock magazines and has the price sticker on the back where it might cover any restricted markings, check under the sticker to see if anything is covered up.

But you can walk around, look, touch, drool, and generally have a good time. If you think you might want a certain firearm, odds are there might be one there which you can touch and look at closely for yourself.

As long as you don't get your hopes up too high you can have a good time.

Let me put it this way, are there dealers that come recommended? Ones you always felt treated customers right. Those who probably have stuff worth browsing over? Who are the "Carl's" at the Big E?!

cheers,
Chuck

Let me put it this way, are there dealers that come recommended? Ones you always felt treated customers right. Those who probably have stuff worth browsing over? Who are the "Carl's" at the Big E?!

cheers,
Chuck

I don't think that I've ever met anyone that meets that standard at the shows (wrt FFLs).

Many/most gun show prices on guns can be beat by paying a visit to Carl! Other items: supplies, parts, books, etc. can be a good deal at the shows.

I have had good luck with a few supplers over the years, One is Surluk for AR15 stuff, and there is a lady and family there usally that have cleaning supplies and the like. as for FFL's it really depends on what I am looking for. I got a decent deal at the last one on a Bushmaster M17s bullpup from a dealer from out east.
(don't remember the name offhand. )

Back
Top Bottom