The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I be buying another lower? Should I buy different uppers? Should I buy the remington 700 I've been looking at? Ammo? Suggestions I have about 2500 to spend and want to maximize it.

The lower on an AR is the registered part - so if you're short on cash - buy the lower, and get a stripped one to maximize your current wad of cash. The upper and all the rest of the pieces of an AR - are unregistered parts and you could order them mail order and get them sent to your house - barring any massive changes in the law that is. I've bought four different uppers over the years - and every place just shipped it to my house once I paid them. Shotguns are less likely to get regulated than black killy rifles - so I would prioritize that one lower. The price of ammo is only going to go up in a ban - and will also go up just because of the crappy economy/inflation in general - so I would spend money on ammo.

You might want to think about spending some of it on things that will prove useful during a ban and/or massive price increases: reloading equipment.

3k .308 147 gr, check. 2k .224 55 gr, check, powder, check, plenty o brass left over check. Reloading benches, check!

**** this. I'm just sitting at work eating my lunch trying to not throw up reading some new threads. Idc anymore, I'll just buy my handgun online tonight and buy lowers whenever the next group buy opens. This is getting out of hand.

Sent from my POS iPhone

Im still building my first, ordering everything through brownells, next buying session the barrel, upper and bolt assembly, all on backorder [sad2]

The lower on an AR is the registered part - so if you're short on cash - buy the lower, and get a stripped one to maximize your current wad of cash. The upper and all the rest of the pieces of an AR - are unregistered parts and you could order them mail order and get them sent to your house - barring any massive changes in the law that is. I've bought four different uppers over the years - and every place just shipped it to my house once I paid them. Shotguns are less likely to get regulated than black killy rifles - so I would prioritize that one lower. The price of ammo is only going to go up in a ban - and will also go up just because of the crappy economy/inflation in general - so I would spend money on ammo.

You might want to think about spending some of it on things that will prove useful during a ban and/or massive price increases: reloading equipment.

That's a good call, I didn't think about the lower being the registered part. Maybe I will order a couple lowers. Even with the delays I suspect they'll arrive before any legislation.

I agree on the rifles and shotguns...I don't think there's as much to worry about there.

keep forgetting about them. i do have an account there but never post. i just snagged an upper and parts anyway along with a magpul sight set which saved me like six bucks rather than if i'd bought them individually.

'murica.
Nice. I just bought a Spikes Tactical stripped upper. I'm looking around for a deal on a BCM gunfighter charging handle

Glad I got my RRA LAR-15 last week. I've been buying 30rd PMAGs for a few months now, I think I'm going to run down to the shop and see what the prices are this week.

Guns are literally flying!

Off the shelves that is!!! I went to First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge last night to buy the last Saiga 12 they had in stock. This place is great but the owner, Dennis and his wife, work other jobs during the day so the shop is only open at night and on Saturday. I get there a few minutes after they open at 5pm and I counted 30 people in the shop itself. For anyone who's been in there, it's a small place so with all those people there it was packed in tight. I grab the Saiga and get in line to buy. They had 5 people behind the counter working and guns were flying out the door. One guy bought two Stag Arms AR15s that wasn't out of the safe yet without even asking what the price was.

At one point I was 10th in line for the NICS check and just watching what people were buying. ARs, S&W Bodyguards, Glocks, Kahrs, mags, etc' were being bought up quick. Took me about 2 hours to walk out with my Saiga and by then just about all the ARs they had were spoken for. When I left there were about 20 other new folks in the shop at that point that came in after me.

I have to give it to Dennis and his wife. With the current way the winds are blow, they could have been marking up their items big time. The prices though didn't seem to far out of the normal and I was even pleasantly surprised at the Cash price for my Saiga.

If it's like that in First Defense I'm betting some of the big shops are getting picked clean as well.

Called two separate stores today looking for a shotgun, both sounded packed and they where out of a lot of stuff. I can't even find magazines online any more, everything is back ordered. I’m glad I took some initiative last month and bought some magazines for the AR and AK , who knows when this panic well end.

I don't think it's going to end anytime soon. Buyers were panicked when Obama was reelected and this tragedy in CT has mobilized a huge anti gun movement. My original though we'd have to ride through the normal rhetoric until it died down. But I don't think that will happen this time around now. Even staunch pro gun elected officials in Congress are changing their stance. Even the NRA shut down their Facebook and Twitter pages yesterday from the onslaught of negative comments. IMHO, we'll be seeing new legislation that could have an affect on military style firearms. This one is going to be tough. Not even the NRA can battle the pictures of 20 dead children and come out on the positive end.

If nothing else, the AR15 is on the chopping block.

Called two separate stores today looking for a shotgun, both sounded packed and they where out of a lot of stuff. I can't even find magazines online any more, everything is back ordered. I’m glad I took some initiative last month and bought some magazines for the AR and AK , who knows when this panic well end.

Depends on the state of the economy and the level of fear. The economy is "meh" and the fear is high, so its difficult to guess. If it's as bad as obamascare V1, You won't see real relief until spring of 2014.

-Mike

well if anyone is in the market i might have to sell a black rifle or two , maybe trade for a car. My girlfriend just put hers in a ditch I had it towed to my shop so i can access the damage tomorrow

I had my first case of "panic-buying" today. Went into the local shop this AM and they had two Stag stripped lowers on the desk. "These are the last 2 we have". I bought one just for the hell of it.

well if anyone is in the market i might have to sell a black rifle or two , maybe trade for a car. My girlfriend just put hers in a ditch I had it towed to my shop so i can access the damage tomorrow
Sorry to hear that. Is she okay?

There is a new and improved Federal law brewing.
Fixed it...

http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/12/18/obama-calls-on-cabinet-for-gun-control-solutions/
President Obama isn’t waiting for the fiscal cliff to be resolved before pushing for gun control.On Monday, the president and vice president began speaking with the White House staff and several Cabinet members about gun control solutions, the Washington Post reported. Included in the meeting were Education Secretary Arne Duncan, Attorney General Eric Holder and Kathleen Sebellius, the Secretary of Health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom