The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was at Pullman last night getting some .223 ammo, everyone was in there buying AR's. The owner said he is almost sold out of what he had in stock.

he also had 30,000 rounds of WPA .223 ammo, and now only has like 2,000 rounds left. I bought 500 rounds myself, and told him to put another 1k on hold.

Went to go buy a range bag for my brother for christmas... All AR's and AK's are gone... They guy said he answered about 200+ calls asking about them....

The last two stripped AR lowers I tried to buy on gunbroker yesterday and today sold for over $500. True. I'd say that full bore panic buying.

I just realized that the "Shot Show" is scheduled to be held in a few weeks (January 15-18).

It should be real interesting to see and hear what the 'word' is (and what the future holds), from all involved.

Last edited:
tumblr_m5ob3yP9a71rskeexo1_250.gif

star_trek.gif

just drove by stateline in plaistow... if the parking lot was any indication of whats going on inside.... chaos. News of the panic buying is now mainstream too... articles on every news site.

I went up to new Hampshire to get one of those $190 grenade launchers that the ma. pike billboard douche said on tv - necn, were available.

he must of grabbed them all up,I could not find one anywhere, or a couple cases of grenades either.[shocked]

DSC_0034-2.jpg

Last edited:
What else could MA possibly pass? It is already one of the worst in the country. The only thing they can do is an outright ban on "assult rifles". But a federal AWB would have little impact in MA.
There is no logical, rational or intelligent thought going into this. Just adults (by the legal definition only) having a childish temper tantrum.

We are all upset about this, but some have developed better coping mechanisms than others.

Why are people in MA buying guns in anticipation to a law they alreay have?

1) Because the law that Fartstein is proposing - is going to be worse

2) who cares. Every person that is out there frantically buying up any gun they can find is going to be one more really pissed off person if they start talking confiscation.

3) If you watched what happened the last time around when Obamy got elected - you would have noticed that the massive gun buying spree seemed to have some effect on damping down any efforts to take away gun rights. The fact of the matter is - when people go out and buy stuff - they are voting. Voting with their money. That's a vote that can't be taken lightly.

I just hope the next phase of this is that people tell the politicians in no uncertain terms that if they support any increased tightening of gun control - they are going to pay a heavy political price.

What the heck do the Education Secretary - and the Secretary of Health - have to do with gun control?

See - there's some evil nasty $h!t brewing in the halls of the White House.

- - - Updated - - -

The last two stripped AR lowers I tried to buy on gunbroker yesterday and today sold for over $500. True. I'd say that full bore panic buying.

WTF?

STRIPPED lowers for $500?

Glad I already have 5 "assault rifles" I'm not panicking. Would like a few lowers tho for investment if nothing else. Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

yeah, I just need ammo, ammo and more ammo!

I'm willing to bet that's flying off the shelves as well. I'm going to make a run up to Hooksett again this week, but I'm not optimistic about what I'm going to find.

1) Because the law that Fartstein is proposing - is going to be worse

How so? Unless I misread, it appeard to be the same thing we have now in MA with the exception that magazines over 10 rounds will be illegal to buy or sell even if they are preban. So I can understand the panic buying of magazines, but not much else.

On the other hand, free states with no current AWB in place, I can see the panic buying.

The Gun/Ammo Surge/Shortage Obamania II Megathread

Haha. Is an SKS considered an assault rifle if it has a Killy 30rd mag? Hmmm, I win MA.

Sent from my POS iPhone

I'll let you count it because I'm counting my M1A1 as one of my five. I'm betting the new definition for assault rifle with be anything that can hold a magazine of ten rounds or more.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom