The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That shouldn't be a problem. When I was at the shop today, someone said they'd been trying for about a year to source a new stainless GP 100 4".

I've actually been interested in one of those for awhile too, lol.

In other news, just got an email a minute ago informing me the 10 pack of magpuls I ordered from Brownells yesterday are now backordered and to hold my horses.

It's OK if your gun will eat it. It's stupidly underpowered, although I think I'd still rather have Wolf .223 over UMC or Ultramax. Both of those are puke-worthy.

The best chinsebag ammo for ARs that I've fired was Silver Bear 62 gr. That actually chronoed OK for its bullet weight. Ran great in my Colt, although the flash hider didn't really do much when running that stuff, but that was part of the fun... [rofl]

-Mike

Yup. Very reliable + great fireballs.

Ah I haven't seen Silver Bear in a long time, but I ran Brown Bear 62gr through my M&P for months and really liked it.

It better be good, because I just confirmed with Pullman Arms. They are still holding my case of WPA .223 until tomorrow, until I can get there.

She said tomorrow was the latest though. That the demand is too high, and they want to sell it.

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Short version: registered pre-bans can never be sold/transferred.

If you buy a new AR, you have two options:
A) a bullet button (funky mag release replacement that requires a tool to detach the mag) and 10 round mags in this case you can have whatever features you want, because it's not technically a detachable mag.
b) a 'featureless' AR none of:
pistol grip, thumbhole stock, flash hider, collapsible stock, grenade launcher
featureless ARs can be used with pre-ban mags, but to be legal, pre ban mags must have been owned *BY YOU* *IN CALIFORNIA* prior to 2000.

A featureless AR looks like this, for example:
IMG_9812_C.JPG

Jar I just threw up in my mouth. If that thing ever comes near MA I'll be running to Walmart for nukes+pizza rolls and going up to deep NH.

It better be good, because I just confirmed with Pullman Arms. They are still holding my case of WPA .223 until tomorrow, until I can get there.

She said tomorrow was the latest though. That the demand is too high, and they want to sell it.

Yeah if you want to split it I'd gladly buy some of you. Or 100 rounds, idc.

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Short version: registered pre-bans can never be sold/transferred.

If you buy a new AR, you have two options:
A) a bullet button (funky mag release replacement that requires a tool to detach the mag) and 10 round mags in this case you can have whatever features you want, because it's not technically a detachable mag.
b) a 'featureless' AR none of:
pistol grip, thumbhole stock, flash hider, collapsible stock, grenade launcher
featureless ARs can be used with pre-ban mags, but to be legal, pre ban mags must have been owned *BY YOU* *IN CALIFORNIA* prior to 2000.

A featureless AR looks like this, for example:
IMG_9812_C.JPG

mother-of-god.gif

1) Because the law that Fartstein is proposing - is going to be worse

2) who cares. Every person that is out there frantically buying up any gun they can find is going to be one more really pissed off person if they start talking confiscation.

3) If you watched what happened the last time around when Obamy got elected - you would have noticed that the massive gun buying spree seemed to have some effect on damping down any efforts to take away gun rights. The fact of the matter is - when people go out and buy stuff - they are voting. Voting with their money. That's a vote that can't be taken lightly.

I just hope the next phase of this is that people tell the politicians in no uncertain terms that if they support any increased tightening of gun control - they are going to pay a heavy political price.

I'm doing exactly that See here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...are-not-happy-(Future-NHer-s-join-in-as-well)

I'll let you count it because I'm counting my M1A1 as one of my five. I'm betting the new definition for assault rifle with be anything that can hold a magazine of ten rounds or more.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

That's like every single ****ing gun out there! Even the 10/22 can hold more!

Just emailed my club FFL, seemed like now is as good a time as any to get myself a 17rd 9mm... going with an SR9 so my wife and I can share mags with her SR9c

I'm actually selling my SR9 full size (3 mags + Extended non-ambi mag release, I got the regular mag release too) so I can get a 9mm XDM. **** the .gov, I want 19+1 of 9mm!
I have a local buyer that is friends with my brother but he doesn't have the money right now and won't for at least another two weeks (He stupidly bought a 2012 camero, pays like $500 a month on it and only makes like $14-15/hr). I'll give you first opportunity on it.

I've actually been interested in one of those for awhile too, lol.

In other news, just got an email a minute ago informing me the 10 pack of magpuls I ordered from Brownells yesterday are now backordered and to hold my horses.

I was at Rileys Sunday, they had a low stock of windowed FDE pmags but a good stock of regular ones, if you like black.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but those massive DHS Ammo purchases over the last couple of years sure do seem convenient now.

I also did my part for the panic. I had my brother hit up Rileys today. He was gonna buy the last 420 round case of M855 and then get a 500 count of wolf 556 and we would split both, but they just got another shipment of the M855 in so he bought 2 cans, one for him and one for me. $185 for 420 rounds of M855. The wolf 55gn was $165 for 500.

EDIT: someone asked about the wolf, I can confirm that it was labeled WPA.

Last edited:
I also did my part for the panic. I had my brother hit up Rileys today. He was gonna buy the last 420 round case of M855 and then get a 500 count of wolf 556 and we would split both, but they just got another shipment of the M855 in so he bought 2 cans, one for him and one for me. $185 for 420 rounds of M855. The wolf 55gn was $165 for 500.

I was thinking of heading up there tomorrow. I hope it's not a waste of time, but I think they'll likely be sold out by the time I get there.

I was thinking of heading up there tomorrow. I hope it's not a waste of time, but I think they'll likely be sold out by the time I get there.

Depends on when you get there. Rileys closes at 5 or 6pm and opens at 9am.

I should note Shooters Outpost has hardly any bulk 556. This was on Sunday at 2pm.

Depends on when you get there. Rileys closes at 5 or 6pm and opens at 9am.

I'm going to try to get there early, but who knows.

Shooters Outpost didn't have any when I was there last week. They did have some .45ACP though and I need some of that, so it may be worth heading up there anyway.

I saw this crap coming a mile and a half away and stocked up leading up to and shortly after the election. All it took was one "crisis" to get this going.

The anti-gun loons didn't even wait for the school in Newtown to get cleaned up before they re-started their crusade. Torches and pitchforks for everyone.

I bought a 500rd box of Federal XM193 5.56 for $225 and another MagPul Gen 2 30rd window magazine. I have never seen the shop with so few long arms, one of the owners commented it hadn't been that empty since he started adding stock.

Im guilty. I bought 900rds of Federal XM193 for $404.55 today. Although my purchase wasnt really out of panic of the gov doing anything about ammo, it was out of panic that all the panicy ammo & gun buying panicers are going to make it very hard to go to the range in the coming months if I hand gotten some more.

Last edited:
Then we have those that saved all along brass, primers, powder and bullets[smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom