The Shooters Box-Malden, MA

A nice gunshop, although somewhat small..in Malden. A good selection of rifles,handguns and supplies. Gun prices are comparable to FS and some are even cheaper! Steve, the owner, runs it out of a Meineke shop so it's kinda small,if there's 3-4 people in there it gets kinda crowded. A real good place to do business.

Shop is located in Malden on Broadway (Rte99). They have a website at
www.theshootersbox.com

Edited by LenS-Mod: To add location in Subject line.

I had the opportunity to swing by and check out the Shooters Box today. Steve is a great guy with a great shop. What he doesn't have he will order in for you. A lot of action for a small place and convenient too!!

Check it out if you have the chance.

Bugie

Yup, it's in the Meineke Shop next to the Burger King. You walk past the vehicle lifts and the bat cave is on the right side.

The Shooters Box

+10 For the shooters box. Steve is one of the nicest guys in the business. He is very helpful and will get you anything you want at a far better price than 4 Seasons. He has no over head so his prices can be cheaper. I was over the store the other day and he just expanded. It is twice as big as it was and he was puttig out all sorts of new products. The Shooters box will now be my favorite store. I can't say enough good things about it.

Just checked out the website...Seems like pretty good prices! I did think it was a bit funny though that when scrolling through the specials, you come accross golf clubs [laugh]

The guy sells everything and anything. What he doesnt have he will get for you. The owner Steve actually answers the phone when you call. Great customer service. Better than 4Seasons.

I stop at the shooters box today and have to say it was a real pleasure.

Steve the owner is a real nice guy and had great prices on his AR15'S and his new handguns.

It's nice to see a new gun store open up...

I have been to the box twice now and have been very pleased with his selection, service and most of all prices. I picked up a pre owned and mint p99 for what I felt was a steal. Prices on new stuff are less (50+ bucks) than FS or collectors. Before making any more purchases I will be calling steve to see what he is selling an item for... It is tricky to find being in a meinike, I also call over first to make sure he is around...

I went to the Shooters box Monday to get a PACT Digital Precision
Powder Scale. Steve is the only guy around that has these scales in stock.

This the 3rd time I've been there and I have to say he has great prices on guns. If you don't see it ask and he will order for you. You can't go wrong with the prices or service.

You have to take your time while your there, Steve has stuff every where, even on the ceiling. The first 2 times I didn't notice the ceiling but the wife said look up and then I saw the holsters and every thing up there.

For a small place he has a lot of stuff and he tries real hard to keep you happy. For me it's like going to China but it's worth the trip.

Last edited:
Stopped in for the first time last weekend - Steve seems to be a good guy, having a good time. I noticed he has a great selection of 1911 parts (likely to be the motivating factor for my pending return).

I actually thought the gun-shop-inside-a-Meineke thing was kinda cool. I thought it had a speakeasy vibe going to it. At the rate things are going in this state, eventually all gun shops are going to have to go underground. I think Steve is just a couple steps ahead of the rest of us.

Dropped by there yesterday. He should be open till at least 5 but may close early if it's a little slow. I'd call and confirm.

tried calling, the phone just rang off the hook. About an hour later Itried again and the line has been busy, tried numerous times but coudl not get through. Gave up and ended up at four seasosns.

Last edited:
Steve is a good dude with GREAT pricing on his guns. Shop is the size of a broom closet, but it's well worth more than one visit. I've bought a couple of revolvers from him, and both times it was a pleasant experience.

Curiosity kills the cat. Just talked to Steve; sounds like they're all WWII era military rifles. Belgian, Columbian, Argentinean, and Persian Mausers, Enfields, Carcanos, Arisakas, Remington P17s and some others I didn't recognize. He said they're not in the shop, but pics will be up on the website soon. Contact him to see any or all of them.

I can't recommend the Shooters Box enough. Steve is an awesome guy and he really appreciates everyones business. He is VERY knowlegeable an has a ton of guns. He gets a lot of unusual guns as well. It's worth the trip down there. His shop is over 70 miles from my house but when I need a new toy I make the trip because his price and service are 2nd to none.

I can't recommend the Shooters Box enough. Steve is an awesome guy and he really appreciates everyones business. He is VERY knowlegeable an has a ton of guns. He gets a lot of unusual guns as well. It's worth the trip down there. His shop is over 70 miles from my house but when I need a new toy I make the trip because his price and service are 2nd to none.

His wife still can't figure out why he drives 70 miles for an oil change... [smile]

His wife still can't figure out why he drives 70 miles for an oil change... [smile]

I couldn't have said it better myself... Steve has been more helpful for me than any other gunshop. His prices are always better than all his competition and like I said before he always has a lot of odd ball guns that are really cool. Plus, he really wants to promote the sport which is so important.

Back
Top Bottom