The Shooters Box-Malden, MA

The Shooters Box.....

Just wanted to put a plug in for those who have not taken the time to either visit or purchase your favorite items (weapon, ammo, misc.items) at The Shooters Box in Malden, MA.
I went there today and met with the owner Steve who was a wealth of knowledge and someone who really knows his stuff when it comes to firearms.
Being new here to the forum I'm sure a lot of you have either been to or at least exchanged info with Steve so you already know he's solid.
I left very satisfied with my purchases and learned a few things too.
On top of all that his "shop" is quite a trip...very well hidden and a mind blower once inside.
Best of luck to The Shooters Box success.[smile]
P.S. Glad to have made this my first post !!!

Last edited:
Great Store!

I stop by the store religiously, and went yesterday. Steve is in the process of opening a large store. He is hoping in Revere. he wants a shop that rivals Kittery. Right now he is looking between 3,500 - 6,000 sq ft!

Shooters Box

A great place to visit and Steve is a very cool guy. Have been there three times and have been very pleased. Steve is very sharp and can answer most your questions. He does not push you to buy, he will steer you away from items not suited for your needs. Have purchased and sold items at Steve's. I live on the Cape and the trip is well worth it, do yourself a favor and check out the Shooter's Box.

The Shooter's Box Malden

I just got back from there. I am getting ready to submit my LTC app and just wanted to kill time and check the place out. I have to admit that a little shop in the back of a Meineke shop seemed odd to me but also really a cool idea at the same time. I was half expecting to be more or less ignored since i dont have my LTC yet. Not the case! Steve is awesome. He spent like a half hour with me showing me different guns (couldnt handle them but that's ok) and explaining all the different option etc. He talked about his business philosophy and i have to say there is a very high likelyhood that he will get my first purchase. He said if he doesnt have what you want he will get it for you.

I explained that i want to carry concealed and he said come back when you get your license and you can handle any guns you want, try on different belts/holster setups and walk around until you find the right combo.

quality shop despite a small selection.

drove around here about a hour looking for that place one saturday. finally got a address and when i pulled in and saw a Meinkee place I took off out of aggrivation. But now that someone has been there, Ill try it again. Thanks for the update.

drove around here about a hour looking for that place one saturday. finally got a address and when i pulled in and saw a Meinkee place I took off out of aggrivation. But now that someone has been there, Ill try it again. Thanks for the update.

ya just go right into the meineke and ask for steve. The shop is out behind the lifts behind a curtain.

I was parked in the Meineke parking lot, wondering where the store was myself. So I called him and asked. He said "are you in the blue SUV"? I said "Yup". He said "shut her down and come on in..."

Confusing at first. Just walk right into the Meineke shop.

Was there today just bought a new wheel gun. Steve's the best in the business as far as I can tell. Prices are better than anywhere else I've been. Thanks to Pistol Pete for the introduction. I'll never go anywhere else.

Was there today just bought a new wheel gun. Steve's the best in the business as far as I can tell. Prices are better than anywhere else I've been. Thanks to Pistol Pete for the introduction. I'll never go anywhere else.

Steve rules!!!! I buy everything I can from him and refer anyone I talk to to him because he is such a great guy!!! So you picked up your 2nd gun from him? What did you get?

Believe it or not he has a HUGE selection of guns. He has a very large selection of used MA compliant handguns all the time.

i heard that steve was trying to expand his shop and move into a place in revere...anyone know what happened with that?

You are correct!!! If it all goes thru then his shop will be the place to shop!!! He is working on a very large building and will be able to offer a lot more than he currently does. He's waiting on all the approvals of the city of Revere and then everything hopefully will be a go!!!! He's at the Shot Show now that lucky bastard!!!

Pete

pete...just talked to a friend who told me it was in the revere journal he got voted down 6-3...i wonder why

That totally sucks!!!! Another reason to hate this frigen state!!! He invited everyone esp. the neighbors to a meeting and noone showed so he couldn't even explain his case.

I ordered a New 1911PD from Steve last week. Stopped in today and picked it up. He gave me a deal on it that was hard to belive. He even showed me the bill he got with the shipment. I won't say what he paid for but it was a fantastic deal for me.

He also told me he bought a new building up the street and will move there as soon as he can.

He really go's all out to keep his customers happy.

Last edited:
I ordered a New 1911PD from Steve last week. Stopped in today and picked it up. He gave me a deal on it that was hard to belive. He even showed me the bill he got with the shipment. I won't say what he paid for but it was a fantastic deal for me.

He also told me he bought a new building up the street and will move there as soon as he can.

He really go's all out to keep his customers happy.

Is the new building in Malden? Can you go into the shop he has now without calling?

Just moved nearby and I've been looking forward to becoming a 'regular.' I have to say, while I recognize all the benefits of upgrading to a larger 'dedicated' facility, I'll miss the cool 'speakeasy' feel of the shop-in-the-garage he's got going now.

malden

changes happen broadway goes toward boston
eastern ave crosses it.Eastern ave used to have the Friends Beans factory.I realy learned to shoot in Malden High school.now they dont even know about it.we were top shooters in the country.shot against Melrose and a lot of other schools both high and college.look what Mass has turned in to.[frown]
[rofl]--[rolleyes]--[smile]

changes happen broadway goes toward boston
eastern ave crosses it.Eastern ave used to have the Friends Beans factory.I realy learned to shoot in Malden High school.now they dont even know about it.we were top shooters in the country.shot against Melrose and a lot of other schools both high and college.look what Mass has turned in to.[frown]
[rofl]--[rolleyes]--[smile]

They had shootiing in High School? What year was this?

Just moved nearby and I've been looking forward to becoming a 'regular.' I have to say, while I recognize all the benefits of upgrading to a larger 'dedicated' facility, I'll miss the cool 'speakeasy' feel of the shop-in-the-garage he's got going now.

Update on the new building. Steve closed on the new building a couple of weeks ago. We went in and completely gutted the place. Now we just need to do a little cleaning and figure out where everything will go. We are thinking of a garage theme because so many people say they are going to miss it. I don't want to jinx anything, but if things go as smooth as they are it should be opened by early to mid July.

Just got back from my first trip to The Shooters Box. For a small place, Steve had a ton of stuff. Great prices and Steve is a great guy. As mentioned above, plans to open new place in a couple of months.
Mil-Dot

He is a great guy and has great ammo prices. Last I heard he was working on the new building but taking his time...

Back
Top Bottom