The Shooters Box-Malden, MA

He is still open. Mon-Fri 8a-5p, Sat 8a-2p. His internet orders are through the roof and his phone won't stop ringing. He is not taking any calls and is communicating to his internet customers through email. With the repair shop being very busy and dealing with the walk in gun store customers the phone questions take up too much time. He has a large inventory, the only thing he is low on is ammo.

Was there today, his Meineke did some great service on my car, and he had 9mm at a decent price. Great guy to deal with, for the cars or the guns.

53 Broadway, almost on the Everett line, it's south of Eastern Ave Malden Rt 60. Across the street from a strip mall, almost next door to Holy Cross Cemetery

Just find a MBTA 109 bus and follow it!

Can anyone confirm if Steve is still open? I haven't gotten an answer from the shop phone, he hasn't replied to my emails, and his cell phone seems to be disconnected.

Anyway, whatever happened to the new shop he was supposed to open? Last I heard he had bought a building and was working on repairs.

Last time he was there he told me that he isn't answering the phone...only email.
Not sure if I agree with that business model, but oh well.

Not sure about the new place.

I first went to The Shooters Box and met Steve 2-3 years ago and for me I'm driving about an hour to get there and still today I will not make a purchase from any other shop.
I have found him to be not only a very intellegent gun dealer but I also trust his opinions and his prices are great on everything your interested in.

Yea, I went today too - he said he was closing it down. Did manage to get some 1911 parts out of him tho - very nice to deal with.

he said the muffler shop takes too much time during the summer, he made it sound like he wants to keep it going on a low simmer during the summer while the car shop is busy. During the colder months he can put more energy into the Shooters Box.

When I was there a few months ago, he said the internet business had really taken off and the storefront wasn't as profitable so he was thinking of closing that down.

When I was there a few months ago, he said the internet business had really taken off and the storefront wasn't as profitable so he was thinking of closing that down.

Maybe the storefront isn't profitable because nobody can find it. There are no signs, unless you know that it is/was located in the muffler shop, you will never find it.

He is not closing the business, basically with his current work load (internet orders and car work) he cannot sustain the walk in shoppers. As it is he works non stop all day and can barely keep up. If he gets 2 people in to browse and look at items for 2 hours (most of the time not purchasing anything) he has to make that time up at the end of the day. If you want to order something or know exactly what you want then he can make it happen.

Mac

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom