Things that make you cringe... on a firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
to each their own but I see some "features" or mods and just cringe:

• Any firearm with a built-in lock (is this thing on?)
  • Colt's bastardized AR civilian changes: large front pin, block, etc.
  • Stippling on a plastic lower--seriously, you paid for that? I thought your dog chewed on it.
  • Most do-it-yourself paint jobs--it's a firearm, not a model airplane, don't mess with a perfectly good finish. *Exception for parents that paint their kid's firearms funky colors because it's always nice to see the youngsters involved in shooting sports.

and you?

What on a firearm makes me cringe?

Those goofy 2, 3 or 4 magazine connectors on 10/22s.

Four figure price tags on guns I want to buy.

The names Hi-Point, Raven, Lorcin or Glock on the slide.

Damn... Derek beat me to it by less than 60 seconds.

Forward grips on an AR that are of the pistol-grip variety. Ick. An AR is not a Thompson.

Not really a rifle guy, so I don't know, but they've always struck me as fundamentally un-serious.

"WARNING: THIS FIREARM CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED"

Billboard on the slide

Really big, gaudy roll marks on pistols, and that blurb that says "Caution: Capable of firing with the magazine removed'

ETA: DOH! Dirtypacman beat me to it!

I second the bipod system but on the Keltec rifles. When they're shown to me because one may think it's cool it just looks like it's about to fall apart. I also can't stand shoemaker paint jobs on front or rear sights. I bought a Sig P239 with orange paint sloppily put on the rear sights and it makes me want to find the previous owner and tattoo "ID10T" on his forehead.

And what californians do to ARs just to make them Caca compliant.

Bi-pods on carbines.

That, but I will take it further, grip-pods.

I also HATE seeing an AR with an ACOG, Suppressor, and an AN-PEQ15. I HATE that.

Because I either can't afford it, or the .gov says I can't own it. [thinking]

The Billboard:

smith_sw1911_wood.jpg

ported pistols (race guns) in pretty colors [devil]
Port bigot... [rofl2] In defense of _some_ porting, G19C gives you 2-shot groups that look like a full-size barretta/Sig/etc... with much less gun to carry - WIN!

Yeah, pistols only have 2 valid colors: black, nickle/stainless/shiny....

Non-SBR, semi-auto versions of subguns with 16" barrels (Uzi's, Thompson's, Sten's, ect).

Just about anything from Tapco.

Sporterized milsurp rifles.

Magazine disconnects (just got rid of the one in m 22/45!)
Having the ENTIRE users manual, including all 10 safety rules, engraved on the firearm (ruger!)
Built in locks (at least the one on my 22/45 is pretty simple, and can't really fail)
Price tags
Cheap plastic (tapco et al)
cheezy scope mounts on SKSs
Loaded Chamber Indicators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom