• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thirty Years Ago Today.............

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Hinckley shot The Gipper.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Anniversary-of-assassination-attempt-on-Pres-Ronald-Reagan-118947059.html

The events that day marked the beginning of the biggest attack on our Second Amendment Rights in our lifetime.
[sad2]

I say, let Hinckley out of prison on the condition that every lawful gun owner gets to kick him in the nuts first.

Nutkick.gif

The country would be a lot better off if the Secret Service killed him at the scene.

[angry]

Hard to believe it has been 30 years. I remember that when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade.

For some reason I had a long running misconception that Reagan survived because the bullet went down the middle of his brain. I was just a kid so I did not get the full details.

As for Hinckley, he is a nut and always will be.

Oh, and even as a kid- I liked Reagan!

I was in a class during my 10th grade year when they made the announcement over the PA. I took it particularly hard. Even though I was only 15 years old, I'd worked for the Reagan campaign, calling voters. I've never felt that way about another presidential candidate, and probably never will.

I remember that day (evening in our time zone) very well.
I was in the service and went to a local place which was frequented by a lot of German and U.S. soldiers.
Once the DJ passed the news of the murder attempt, one could have heard a needle falling.
Pretty much everyone left the place and went back to the Barracks, waiting for marching orders.

Back
Top Bottom