Tips on securing your home......

I have a shark infested moat surrounding my home.

Actually, motion activated lights that cover 360 degrees of the area outside the house, plus additional motion lights at the woods end of the property, a good alarm system with battery & cell phone back-up, deadbolts & steel frames on all entrance doors as well as a deadbolt on the bedrooms & closets. Couple of baseball bats. First Aid kits & bug-out bags in all sleeping areas. May seem a little excessive, but why take any chances.

Just as soon as we get our licenses, we'll have a few other security measures in place too.

If my house was on fire, I'd let the firefighters in. [laugh] The smoke detectors would alert me and I'd have the door unlocked long before they got here.

you could be overwhelmed by smoke long before you even had a chance to get downstairs to the door. People underestimate the smoke part of a fire.

I do too. Would be interested to know what the cost is, but as it's professionally installed and a decent sized house will have a dozen or more windows to do, I have the impression it would be very expensive. Would be interested in getting a quote at least.

These are the guys that put that exact kind of stuff on our building:
American Window Film (a 3m Co.)
www.americanwindowfilm.com
Foxboro,MA
1-800-274-TINT

HOWEVER: They have a link on their web site to a organization called ASIS. ASIS is a security company that has sponsored some anti-gun laws. They even state on their own site that they do not think employees should have the right to bring firearms to work with them, even if left in cars:
www.asisonline.org/newsroom/guns.pdf

So I would tell AWF that if they want your service, they need to ditch ASIS as a sponsor.

Back
Top Bottom