• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tite Group Sporting, Northborough, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if Mike's around the past couple of days, I've been trying to get a hold of him to get a recent copy of his FFL and it seems his phone line is messed up. If someone could confirm that or if someone in the area passes by please let me know.

If someone could shoot a copy of his FFL to me that would be even better. Thanks

Anyone know if Mike's around the past couple of days, I've been trying to get a hold of him to get a recent copy of his FFL and it seems his phone line is messed up. If someone could confirm that or if someone in the area passes by please let me know.

If someone could shoot a copy of his FFL to me that would be even better. Thanks
What do you want that for? Jack.

Email him.

What makes you think that someone out there would have a copy of Mike's FFL and would send it to you? Is there more to the story? Jack.

I need to make my way up to this shop. It has come recommended by a few dudes I trust.

You wont be disappointed, there will be at least one or two things that will catch your eye and he is a great person to deal with.

Very standard for transfers if you're buying online Is it not? I have a few copies of FFL's saved in my phone in case I buy something out of state. It's convenient that I can just email them the copy or print it out there.

Exactly, thank you Johnny D. Nothing more to the story.

What makes you think that someone out there would have a copy of Mike's FFL and would send it to you? Is there more to the story? Jack.

You're not allowed to have a copy?? Nothing wrong with having copies of FFL's in case you need them.

- - - Updated - - -

Mike is also only open 12-5 Monday-Friday.

Sometimes even then he leaves, and goes out west to Camfour to pick up supplies and orders. So, best to call him first. Usually his wife covers the shop for him, when he is out.

I have a copy of his FFL in my safe. What's wrong with that??

He is a great guy. +1 to Mike

You're not allowed to have a copy?? Nothing wrong with having copies of FFL's in case you need them.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes even then he leaves, and goes out west to Camfour to pick up supplies and orders. So, best to call him first. Usually his wife covers the shop for him, when he is out.

He is a great guy. +1 to Mike

I never understood why they always want a copy of the FFL when all they need is the number and they can look it up in the database: https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

A paper copy can be forged or out of date, the ATF database is always up to date.

He is a great guy. +1 to Mike[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've been trying him the past couple of days and phone keeps going right to VM, (not sure if it's a phone line issue) maybe he's out of town on vacation for a few days. I've been doing business with Mike for years, I need something transfered and need to get the dealer a copy of his FFL.

I guess I'll keep trying him.

Guys, enough, let's not get way deep into nothing special here. This "what you can do with an FFL" stuff has nothing to do with Mike or his shop.

-Mike

Last edited:
Agreed mike is an awesome dude! Wish I had more time to stop in That way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never understood why they always want a copy of the FFL when all they need is the number and they can look it up in the database: https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

I believe that BATFE regulations require the dealer/manufacturer shipping to an FFL to have an actual copy of the FFL on file, and that a shipping dealer is not in compliance simply by recording the fact that (s)he has checked FFL EzCheck.

Last time I was in there he (someone behind the counter anyway) was saying that a Bass Pro or Cabela's or something like that was being built nearby. It sucks that all the little shops are being squeezed out.

Edit: I was thinking of a completely different shop. Please disregard my last.

Last edited:
Is he retiring, or is there more to the story? I know he wanted to move out west, but the message "getting out of the business" could be interpreted in different ways.

Sucks real bad. I was talking to his wife on Friday as they were closing the doors, totally bummed. Now I got to find someone new to take all my money! If anyone has any suggestions a PM would be most appreciated! Gonna miss Mike and his stories, we had the tanker thing in common and made for some great conversation.

Anyone else confirm this? Last week he was telling me to come in early this week when I called but couldn't due to the storm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom