Tite Group Sporting, Northborough, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new here, so I will safeguard my words accordingly as I don not injure the feelings of any other members. Personally, I have never had anything but great dealings with Mike. I’ve never had any problems with him but I don’t demand that he shines my shoes, makes me fresh coffee, wipe my nose, pat me on my butt or do any other stuff like that for me. I am there solely to examine and probably purchase firearms. Period. And Mike does that excellently. And I have always found his prices on firearms to be fair. I do not buy ammo there so I don’t complain about his prices. He has always been fair to me and, as a business owner myself, that is all I ask of other business owners. If I want sticky sweetness I will go to a candy store.

As for his military service, that is extremely important to me. That is not the reason I go to Mike, but it makes me respect him more than just your average Joe. Call me crazy, but I respect people that selflessly and devotedly served their country.

Mike is a great guy and has a great little shop. I drive over an hour and by a few other shops just to see him.

I am new here, so I will safeguard my words accordingly as I don not injure the feelings of any other members.

If they don't like mike they don't have to shop there or use his services. However I will bet you my house that guys like "wolf223" who are on here bitching stay anonymous because they don't want Mike to refuse them service.

As for his military service, that is extremely important to me.

+1000 That man served his country for over 30 years doing some scary shit so everyone else can sleep safe at night. For some members to come on here and say they don't care about his service......well I would love to see them say that to his face.

I personally think Mike is a great guy who provides an invaluable service. I will continue to shop at his store.

Last edited:
F*** their feelings. If they don't like mike they don't have to shop there or use his services. However I will be you my house that guys like "wolf223" who are on here bitching stay anonymous because they don't want Mike to refuse them service.

+1000 That man served his country for over 30 years doing some scary shit so everyone else can sleep safe at night. For some members to come on here and say they don't care about his service......well I would love to see them say that to his face.

I personally think Mike is a great guy who provides an invaluable service. I will continue to shop at his store.

That would be 35 years. Can anyone here claim that?

55_grain

F*** their feelings. If they don't like mike they don't have to shop there or use his services. However I will be you my house that guys like "wolf223" who are on here bitching stay anonymous because they don't want Mike to refuse them service.

easy killer

F*** their feelings. If they don't like mike they don't have to shop there or use his services. However I will be you my house that guys like "wolf223" who are on here bitching stay anonymous because they don't want Mike to refuse them service

I know who Wolf223 three is; I don't know you.

And I fail to see what Mike's service record has to do with customer service. I've gotten good service from him and he's pissed me off when he closed the store in my face. Good and bad. I'm not pinning a medal on him, I'm deciding if I want to buy from him. There are other stores that don't do what he did and they're the ones who get my business now. Deal with it.

I just bought my first gun from him today ( he has done two transfers from me in the past year). Fair price but his knowledge makes the deal more than worth going to him.

I know who Wolf223 three is; I don't know you.

And I fail to see what Mike's service record has to do with customer service. I've gotten good service from him and he's pissed me off when he closed the store in my face. Good and bad. I'm not pinning a medal on him, I'm deciding if I want to buy from him. There are other stores that don't do what he did and they're the ones who get my business now. Deal with it.

Same here. He has every right to treat anyone that walks through his door like an idiot, but I don't care if he won a Medal of Honor, if he is a dick to me, he's not getting my money. Justifying poor service because he was in the military is incredibly stupid.

I've been in his shop once and while it wasn't really a bad experience, he didn't leave me wanting to come back in the future.

I met Mike a week ago and he will be doing a transfer for me. Nice guy....I recommend his services...

Another great experience with Mike W. Went to his shop today after work because I drive right by, and shot the crap with him for 2 hours. This guy is great, I don't care what anyone says. Always has a great story, and he has always been more than pleasant to me.

I bought a LC9 for a good price on GB and did the transfer through Mike. He called me when it came in and I stopped by on Friday at 4:00 to do the paperwork. Efficient and easy as always.

I just started going to Mike recently, and he's already done a ton of stuff for me. Very nice guy to deal with. Straight forward, no BS type of guy.

Recently bought a nifty 1980 NIB Ithaca 37 off GB. Mike did the transfer - quick and easy as usual. He called when the gun came in and we set a time to do the transfer as his hours can vary. It's a tiny shop but he usually has something interesting for sale on the pegboard...

I had the pleasure of meeting Mike at TG a couple of weeks ago. He just did a couple of transfers for me but I may buy direct from him in the future. He is extremely knowledgeable and straightforward to deal with. I can certainly envision doing business with him in the future, without a doubt and will recommend him to a local friend or two.

AGREE ON bad service at Tite Group Sporting

Same here. He has every right to treat anyone that walks through his door like an idiot, but I don't care if he won a Medal of Honor, if he is a dick to me, he's not getting my money. Justifying poor service because he was in the military is incredibly stupid.

I've been in his shop once and while it wasn't really a bad experience, he didn't leave me wanting to come back in the future.

I've also had two less than desireable dealings with Mike; and like aluded to above and other posts I've read; he seems a bit absent minded and has a bit of a attitude; favoring me not to deal with him again.

I've also had two less than desireable dealings with Mike; and like aluded to above and other posts I've read; he seems a bit absent minded and has a bit of a attitude; favoring me not to deal with him again.

Yep. I had no problem finding the gun I was looking for and the transaction with his wife was easy, but I held back a lot of questions due to his attitude. I was buying a $650 gun and he didn't want to even talk to me. It's all good, he got what I needed extremely quick and I was happy with the purchase. I just need to shut my attitude meter off before I walk in his door.

Yep. I had no problem finding the gun I was looking for and the transaction with his wife was easy, but I held back a lot of questions due to his attitude. I was buying a $650 gun and he didn't want to even talk to me. It's all good, he got what I needed extremely quick and I was happy with the purchase. I just need to shut my attitude meter off before I walk in his door.

Yes; I must agree his wife is the best part of that shop; very nice lady ; unlike Mike who; filled out paperwork wrong on first purchase and ordering wrong Item on second dealing and a continued bad attitude and refused; when I politely asked for the same cash refund, the same way I paid him; lnstead I'm still waiting for a check to come and clear!

Mike Wheelock, the owner, will bend over backwards to serve his customers. If he doesn't have something in stock, he will get it for you. He goes to his distributor at least once a week.

Tite Group Sporting is definitely worth a visit or three. Over the years I have bought guns from him, sold guns, and transferred a bunch.

Good guy, nice shop.

--Darius

Agreed.

Mike is a "character" but a decent guy. He will take care of business.

Did a little more business with Mike recently on a trade with an NES member, and transfer....with the Mrs. in there things are running super smooth. They are both great people and an asset to the shooting sports community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom