• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trump To Ban Anchor Babies

Not gonna work.

Give every illegal female in detention a pregnancy test - if positive, detain outside the US in Guantanamo. Upgrade Guantanamo to get rid of the torture equipment and make it a bit more comfortable ... and offer an "instant voluntary deport" to those who do not like it.

Not gonna work.

Give every illegal female in detention a pregnancy test - if positive, detain outside the US in Guantanamo. Upgrade Guantanamo to get rid of the torture equipment and make it a bit more comfortable ... and offer an "instant voluntary deport" to those who do not like it.

That is the best idea I've heard in a long time. Well done.[rockon]

Not gonna work.

Yeah but you have to admit that it's a hoot watching the left going positively apoplectic over this.

Keep the babies, send the parents back...

While he is at it,he needs to stop Chinese from flying here and plopping out crotch fruit fir dual citizenship,then flying back.

I think what he is planning would require a constitutional ammendment.Imagine when the Dems take over and support an EO banning,or amending other constitutional amendments,so be careful what you wish for.

Trump knows some liberal judge will block this EO, which will then give him the opportunity to bring it before SCOTUS for the literal translation/interpretation/ruling of the 14th. All part of the Master Plan! 4D Chess!!

anchorBaby-copy.png

Trump knows some liberal judge will block this EO, which will then give him the opportunity to bring it before SCOTUS for the literal translation/interpretation/ruling of the 14th. All part of the Master Plan! 4D Chess!!

Not sure how true this is(need to look) but my friend sent this to me

3345482354389551524%253Faccount_id%253D1

Jacob M. Howard - Wikipedia

Howard is credited with working closely with Abraham Lincoln in drafting and passing the Thirteenth Amendment, which abolished slavery. In the Senate, he also served on the Joint Committee on Reconstruction, which drafted the Fourteenth Amendment.

During the debate over the first clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, he argued for including the phrase "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof:"

[The 14th amendment] will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of person.[2]

Howard died in Detroit and is interred in Elmwood Cemetery.

I wonder if this was the result of any actual brilliant thought, or a rather stupid hasty statement. I liken this to him proudly saying that he is a Nationalist. I get the distinction that he was making verses being a globalist, but he will have a hard uphill battle clarifying what he meant.

Well, regardless if that was the intent it didn't make it into the actual Amendment. As much as I like Trump, and want the illegal problems resolved, I'm not sure I want him screwing around with the BOR via Presidential Executive Orders. This idea of his has to die a quick death.

P

Not sure how true this is(need to look) but my friend sent this to me

3345482354389551524%253Faccount_id%253D1

Immigration isn't the issue. We need more good workers in the country. It's those that come here that don't pull their weight. If to come in the country, it was like in past, where you had to have a sponsor who vouched you would be taken care of by them and NOT the taxpayer, the situation would be much better.

It would be a self correcting problem as people who couldn't take care of themselves with a job or friend or family who was here for them just wouldn't be coming.

It's not anchor babies that are the problem, it's what the parents get when they have a baby here!

As far as picking when you like the constitution and when you don't to suit your particular needs at the moment, another out yourself thread.

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

Howard is credited with working closely with Abraham Lincoln in drafting and passing the Thirteenth Amendment, which abolished slavery. In the Senate, he also served on the Joint Committee on Reconstruction, which drafted the Fourteenth Amendment.

During the debate over the first clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, he argued for including the phrase "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof:"

[The 14th amendment] will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of person.[2]

Howard died in Detroit and is interred in Elmwood Cemetery.

The quoted section is located here: A Century of Lawmaking for a New Nation: U.S. Congressional Documents and Debates, 1774 - 1875

The phrase "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof:" refers to Native Americans who lived in "Indian Nations" located within, but not under the jurisdiction of the United States.

As for those born of foreigners, Howard's comments were to not include those who were born of diplomats. The quoted passage cannot be logically construed to mean anything else or the 14th Amendment would be utterly meaningless.

Edit: If you read the debate between the senators in the continuing pages of the link, they did address children born of foreign parents and agreed that they are covered under the amendment.

Last edited:
Thanks Mikey, for posting the truth. Knee-jerk reactions that deny Trump's correct reading of the 14th Amendment and his logical action plan following on it are going to be a source of amusement for some time.

For nearly a century after the ratification of the 14th there was no policy of "birthright citizenship". That only came about because of a few rulings by extreme left-wing judges in the federal circuit courts, which were not challenged at the SCOTUS level. This issue will demonstrate the importance of "originalism" in interpreting the Constitution.

I don't think this will work either. The "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" doesn't sufficiently exclude illegals.

Ireland had a similar issue - anyone born on the entire island had right to citizenship in the Republic of Ireland. This included people in Northern Ireland. So people were travelling to Northern Ireland to have babies, who would then be granted Irish citizenship despite never having been in the Republic itself.

They fixed this with a constitutional amendment - although to be fair they have been quicker to change the constitution.
Twenty-seventh Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland - Wikipedia

Thanks Mikey, for posting the truth. Knee-jerk reactions that deny Trump's correct reading of the 14th Amendment and his logical action plan following on it are going to be a source of amusement for some time.

For nearly a century after the ratification of the 14th there was no policy of "birthright citizenship". That only came about because of a few rulings by extreme left-wing judges in the federal circuit courts, which were not challenged at the SCOTUS level. This issue will demonstrate the importance of "originalism" in interpreting the Constitution.

US v Wong Kim Ark 1898 validated birthright citizenship.

Back
Top Bottom