trying to learn to reload

Webster. Been to HELL and back A few times
I want to start reloading ive bought a few books on reloading normas and hodgdons I was wondering if there is a step by step book out there for beginners, my local dealer bobs gun &archery in webster recommended redding equipment, can any body give me some info I would appreciate it thank you. 300wsm is the cartridge that I would be loading I just purchased a custom rifle from tactical rifles I got some time to learn about four months.

Last edited:
+1 on everything EddieCoyle said.

Only thing I'll add - after you do the reading and get set up - find someone to walk through your first reloading session with you. There's usually someone at a club or from this forum who has the expertise you need to get started on the right foot. The little hints or suggestions you pick up from that first session will make your reloading life much easier and more enjoyable as you go along.

Good Luck!

I just started reloading a few months ago. I can definitely recommend the ABCs of reloading. I bought that book to decide if I even wanted to attempt it. One recommendation I can make is be sure to read the ENTIRE book. I started just skipping around to the parts I thought were interesting. But there is a lot of info in that book and a lot of questions can be answered by reading it completely.

Also check out the reloading videos in the sticky of the reloading section. Even if you don't get a Dillon, they're great for taking a lot of the mystery out of reloading and showing you all the steps involved. I watched those videos and thought "Hey, I think I could actually do that." Great resource. Good luck to you.

I am sloooowly changing all my rifle gear over to Redding, it's great equipment but like Eddiecoyle said RCBS makes good stuff as well as Hornandy. Any would serve you well. If you are loading for a bolt action look into neck sizing the brass, it will improve accuracy and extend the life of your cases. If your loading for an auto you will have to full length size. Most manufacturers offer a dizzying array of dies and sets to do whatever you want.

Back
Top Bottom