Tucker Gunleather has Arrived

SnakeEye

Banned
Finally after 4 weeks ive gotten my lefty holster,double mag pouch and belt.
unfortunetly the belt doesnt fit...its made for a 12 year old child by the look of it. I followed the instructions to a tee, and even went back and forth with him about ensuring proper measurement. something definetly went awry.

ShowLetter.jpg

DSC00300.JPG

DSC00298.JPG

DSC00299.JPG

DSC00301.JPG

DSC00302.JPG

any tips? this thing is so stiff it takes all of my strength just to put the holster on my belt.

ordered a 42" belt as shown, using my current belt.
ShowLetter.jpg

as you can see there isnt even a hole at that length and its at the very end of the belt at that.
belt.JPG

Call (don't write) the lether maker and talk to them.

It could have very easily been a little mixup and they will be ready to help fix it.

Always take the 'nice' route first. More times than not I've been pleasantly surprised at how well a person will make the effort to fix a problem.

hmmm. is it time to get pissed off yet??

the initial order was placed: NOV 19,2005
Wrong Sized Belt Returned(their fault): DEC 23,2005
it is now: FEB 06,2006

my patience are running thin...

Richard,
I think we must have dropped this. I thought I'd already shipped you
a replacement.
I owe you a Belt, Dk.Brown, 42 X 1-1/2". I remember the other was
short. I just called Tucker and asked him to have me the replacement with my next pickup this week.
I'm afraid that we have so much going on that we just didn't get the
job
done.
Rob

well isnt that special...at least another week or two...

this is the belt im currently wearing a P99 with 17 rds, Two 16 rd mags in a double mag puch, OC spray, a knife, and my keys..
my rig is going to hit the floor any minute now.

belt4.jpg

belt2.jpg

well yest another week gone by without my belt as promised.

One Wilderness 5 Stitch ordered and one complaint to the BBB sent.
4 months!! [shock]

Well its arrived. one full third of a year later..
Well it fits now, however im having the same problem i had before.
Even with the belt loose, hanging off of me, It isnt possible to holster the pistol without causing the slide to move back about a quarter inch thus engaging the pistol into single action mode. Not a very nice though when carrying one in the chamber..This is naturally only exascerbated when the belt is tight..

I think this belt and holster setup was the single worst purchase ive made so far in my gun escapades..
Definetly not recomended, from customer service right down the line..
the worst shopping experience ive had in along time.. shit i had to pay to have the thing shipped back to them and it was their fault! didnt even throw me a bone for my time and patience...

One of the reasons the Safety on a 1911 locks the slide is to prevent the slide from moving on holster.

What you need to do is break in the holster a little.

Put the gun in the bag the holster came in and jam that into the holster using your thumb to keep the slide in battery.

Leave it like this for a good week. Then try the holster again. This usually does the trick for my holsters.

If you press your thumb on the side of the slide near the rear on holstering, you cna add some tension to prevent this as well. Not knowing how tight your gun is, I can't tell just how much work is needed.

BUT, I'd rather have a holster that needs to be worked a little than one that starts too loose.

My mag holder was too tight for my mags and I ended up using 1911 mags in the .40 SIG holder to stretch out the leather a little. Mag holder works really well now.

SnakeEye,

Try keeping your thumb on the back of the slide to keep it from moving back when holstering. It should not be as bad once you break it in.

K-DUB said:
SnakeEye,

Try keeping your thumb on the back of the slide to keep it from moving back when holstering. It should not be as bad once you break it in.

Not a good idea on a loaded gun as if for some reason it does fire as you holster, it could take your thumb off. Which is why I mentioned adding pressure to the side. Will still cause some pain, but less likely to remove something important.

Yes, your current gun might be perfectly OK, but once you have that habit of using your thumb, some day you might not have a gun that is as safe (single action with bum safety) that will just snag some leather and BOOM.

The act of holstering is one of the most dangerous things we do. Cops used to carry their revolvers in holsters that didn't cover the trigger as a 'safety' feature so that they didn't accidentialy shoot themselves when they stuffed the gun into their holster with their finger still on the trigger. We've come a long way since then, but it is still a very hazardous thing to do.

The good news is that holster practice can be done safely off the range with a gun loaded with dummy rounds. Just make sure that what you are practicing is the proper technique. Only perfect practice makes perfect. I can't tell you the number of times I still see people using the muzzle as a lever to open the holster and jam the gun muzzle first into their leg in the process.

Climbing down off the
soapbox.gif

If you want that holster to fit "just right", Place the firearm in a ziplock storage bag. Try to evacuate all the air in there as you zip it shut. Soak your holster in nice hot water until its fully saturated. Now place the ziplock bagged pistol into the holster and leave it there until the holster is completly dry. Works everytime.........

Hamar said:
If you want that holster to fit "just right", Place the firearm in a ziplock storage bag. Try to evacuate all the air in there as you zip it shut. Soak your holster in nice hot water until its fully saturated. Now place the ziplock bagged pistol into the holster and leave it there until the holster is completly dry. Works everytime.........

I don't think I'd like to do that with a $100 molded holster. I betcha it will take the 'mold' out of it real quick.

Back
Top Bottom