Tula Brassmaxx is garbage!

I bought 200 rounds of 9mm at walmart for about $50. 1 out of every 10 rounds that actually passed a visual inspection failed to feed. Other rounds showed significant damage to the case or bullets seated at an angle (one was at 45 degrees).

Afterwards when I was cleaning I noticed that the inside of my gun was covered in little copper flakes. They were a bitch to get out of every little crevice.

Never again Tula Brasscrap, never again.

Wow I'm surprised to hear this. I've shot about 500 rounds of this stuff through my Kahr CM9, Ruger P89, and S&W 1911 with no issues. I did notice a bunch of little brass/gold colored flakes in the container - not sure what exactly they were from.

Must have gotten a bad batch. I shot 100 rounds of it last week and they were all flawless. Didn't notice any copper flakes either.

Hmmmm maybe it was just a bad batch. It was the first time I've used it and it was a really bad experience. I was shocked at how damaged some of the cases were, I can't believe they made it past any sort of inspection before packaging. If I wasn't so blinded by rage at the time I would have taken some pics so you guys could see what these things looked like.

I was using my SW M&P9. I have a little under a thousand rounds through it and this was the first time it's ever jammed.

Must have gotten a bad batch. I shot 100 rounds of it last week and they were all flawless. Didn't notice any copper flakes either.

Agreed. I've had very good luck with TulAmmo Brassmaxx in 9mm through my S&W Shield and .45 ACP through Ruger SR1911. I didn't think it made the gun more dirty than others and I usually clean them up after a range trip anyways.

Just my .02 cents worth of an opinion. YMMV

Good luck here with the ones I've used. Prob shot at least 500 rounds of it and have maybe 800 left.

I have shot about 5-6 cans of the stuff with no problems. Although I will mention that at the bottom of the last can there was a bullet with not casing or powder and since my range has a 5rd/mag limit I know I only got to shoot 99 out of the 100 because evidently that lone bullet counted as a cartridge.

I bought 200 rounds of 9mm at walmart for about $50. 1 out of every 10 rounds that actually passed a visual inspection failed to feed. Other rounds showed significant damage to the case or bullets seated at an angle (one was at 45 degrees).

Afterwards when I was cleaning I noticed that the inside of my gun was covered in little copper flakes. They were a bitch to get out of every little crevice.

Never again Tula Brasscrap, never again.

Did you attempt to contract the manufacturer to see if they would make it right? Every bulk ammo manufacturer churns out crap once in awhile. You could even score yourself some free ammo out of the deal. Take pics of the effed up ammo, the container(s), etc... document it all and mail/email it off to whoever represents Tula in the US.

-Mike

I have shot about 5-6 cans of the stuff with no problems. Although I will mention that at the bottom of the last can there was a bullet with not casing or powder and since my range has a 5rd/mag limit I know I only got to shoot 99 out of the 100 because evidently that lone bullet counted as a cartridge.

I once had a box of WWB that had an empty, but primed case in it.... I did a round count and I still got 101 rounds of live ammo, so wasn't much to care about.

WTF??? Seriously??

There are several unusable, completely insane ranges in MA with these kinds of fudd rules that "accomplish nothing other than making the idiot feel good who invented them" in place.

-Mike

Did you attempt to contract the manufacturer to see if they would make it right? Every bulk ammo manufacturer churns out crap once in awhile. You could even score yourself some free ammo out of the deal. Take pics of the effed up ammo, the container(s), etc... document it all and mail/email it off to whoever represents Tula in the US.

-Mike

Mike beat me to it. Do this^^^ I had some duds in some federal 22s and they sent me $25 for 100 rounds of it.

Ive had nothing but positive experiences with brassmax, with a couple hundred rounds shot.

WWB is the only ammo I have consistent problems with, like this gem;

wwb.jpg

Ive had nothing but positive experiences with brassmax, with a couple hundred rounds shot.

I've fired enough bulk 9mm over the years that ive seen (minor) issues in all the major brands.

That said though, UMC 9mm/115 and CCI Blazer Brass 9mm /115 are "riding the MEH train". That crap is mediocre at
best. Underpowered crap. Both of them. Fed Champion and WWB kill both of them
easy in terms of function test, and sometimes price.

-Mike

wwb.jpg
That is how I found a few WWB Myself over the past year.
Helix, Which Brassmaxx was it the 100 rd can or the 50rd box? The 50 rd box is Fiocchi.

I've had issues with BrassMaxx through my SR9. I don't actually know if it was my gun or the ammo. Never had an issue with any other manufacturers 9mm through that gun though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom