TulAmmo Brass Maxx 8% FTE rate from SR9

Last weekend there seemed to be a plethora of BrassMaxx ammo available at “The ‘Mart” across MA and of course because of the price I had to grab some. I am referring to the 100rd packages of 115gr 9mm made in Bosnia/Herzegovina. I was at the range this morning with my SR9 and over 200 fired rounds I had an 8% (16/200) FTE rate and a 3% (6/200) FTFeed rate. Over the last 900 rounds previous to today (no BrassMaxx fired) I’ve had ZERO FTE and a single FTF.

In fact, today I fired other ammo and had zero issues. The progression went as follows:
30rds Remington 115gr luger (zero issues)
50rds BrassMaxx 115gr (5 FTE, 1 FTFeed)
50rds PMC Bronze 115gr (zero issues)
150 BrassMaxx 115gr (11 FTE, 5 FTFeed)
Even though the price is great for this ammo (less than $0.25 a round) I don’t think I can bring myself to buy this ammo anymore. Anyone else had this issue?

(In before I’ll take any you have left off your hands)

Although TulAmmo is generally regarded as cheap that seems like a lot of malfunctions to me. Are you "breaking in" a new gun? Maybe you just got a bad batch?

Although TulAmmo is generally regarded as cheap that seems like a lot of malfunctions to me. Are you "breaking in" a new gun? Maybe you just got a bad batch?

No, this is a seasoned firearm. Bought it used from another NES'er, he never had an issue with it and neither have I. Maybe this SR9 is super sensitive to Brass Maxx? I don't know. It was a rough range day.

On the bright side, on the rare full magazine that I had no issues, it seemed to be as accurate as I could hope

It certainly could just be the ammo then. It's priced cheap for a reason. If better ammo runs through the gun without problems I wouldn't worry about it. We all want the gun that will "eat anything" but it's not always the case.

Same here, SR9C Never has a failure, well did once with AE 115 gr. But last trip i brought 50rds of BrassMaxx, 50 fiocchi, 50 stell cased Tula, and 50rds of federal. no probs

I buy a half case of this stuff on a regular basis(500rds) and the wife and I hit the range and go through all of it. SR9, S&WMP9, Beretta 92's,etc... never ever a bad round. I've heard many people complain about this stuff but I've never seen it from my house.

Is this the ammo? If so, no wonder 100 rounds was 17.97 lol
3yny6yja.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom