• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

umlaut arms - RANT

One hand washes the other

Seems to me like it'd be common sense for him to phone Riley's and ask them to post an "out sick - back on Wednesday" note on his door. After all, two businesses next door to each other ought to cover for each other.

quikRST03.jpg

I would have given the dude more than 24 hours before shaming him on your FacebookNES.

not disagreeing, my spidey sense just seemed to tell me that this was going to turn into an unbridled shitshow (which it did).

hopefully my lower will be coming home soon, we can see he's updated his hours (well, not on google but on facespace), and we all got some enjoyment out of this thread.

phase 2 of the project where i love the government so much i pay extra tax will begin once the lower shows up.

Seems to me like it'd be common sense for him to phone Riley's and ask them to post an "out sick - back on Wednesday" note on his door. After all, two businesses next door to each other ought to cover for each other.

yeah, one of the reasons i even stopped in to riley's was to ask some of the employees if they'd seen lars around. no one seemed to have much positive to say so i didn't think they communicated much.

definite dante response finally when i got an email back... "i'm not even supposed to be here today!" [rofl]

It is a one-man shop. Kind of tough to have a sick day and stay open. I'll bet he takes a vacation once in a while too. Does he have hours posted on his door that say correctly what his normal business hours are? As to the discount, sounds like you got a discount if he didn't charge you for shipping. The customer service sounds mediocre, but you also sound like a whiny customer that had bad luck with timing.

I have bought a few things from Umlaut and have no complaints.

Yeah but it doesn't take much to communicate. It's hard to excuse things at that level, particularly given that he told the guy he was coming that day. I dunno about you guys but i put appointments in my phone... not rocket science these days.

hopefully my lower will be coming home soon, we can see he's updated his hours (well, not on google but on facespace), and we all got some enjoyment out of this thread.

Not defending the dude but often times those Google pages are created by Google and not easily or immediately editable by the owner; especially by someone who doesn't care to maintain his own website.

Yeah but it doesn't take much to communicate. It's hard to excuse things at that level, particularly given that he told the guy he was coming that day. I dunno about you guys but i put appointments in my phone... not rocket science these days.

I disagree with this part - I don't think the OP's statement of 'I'll be up Saturday' constitutes an appointment. LOTS of people call businesses and say they are on their way or they will be in tomorrow or any number of things and don't show up. If 'I'll be up Saturday' amounted to an appointment, and the OP didn't show, would it be acceptable for Lars to be on here talking about what a poor job the OP does keeping appointments?

Not defending the dude but often times those Google pages are created by Google and not easily or immediately editable by the owner; especially by someone who doesn't care to maintain his own website.

yeah, i had to change all the hours where i work now when i somehow became entangled in the social media web.

hilariously he sent a follow up email thanking me for telling him to change his own business hours on his own facebook.

I disagree with this part - I don't think the OP's statement of 'I'll be up Saturday' constitutes an appointment. LOTS of people call businesses and say they are on their way or they will be in tomorrow or any number of things and don't show up. If 'I'll be up Saturday' amounted to an appointment, and the OP didn't show, would it be acceptable for Lars to be on here talking about what a poor job the OP does keeping appointments?

The OP does not have his hours for appointments posted online. Like you said, I am sure businesses get no show all the time. That isn't the point. He publicly advertising he is there Saturday...Lars is a no show for everyone who stopped by that day. Unless he posts or communicates he is unavailable.

If I said I'll be there Saturday and did not show. I got no problem with Lars calling me out. Of course, that might not be very good for business.

It's still bullshit. When I blow people off I have the courtesy of at least telling them I have to blow them off and reschedule.

It's not an appointment but someone saying that to me as a business owner is still a trigger for an "I should post something if I'm going to be a fag and not be open" kind of moment. Or he should have told him "before you leave, to come here, please call me. Shit happens and I would hate to have you drive up here for nothing. "

I would bet that atilla would have never posted this thread if he drove up there and found a notice on the door telling him WTF was going on, or if Lars had actually answered the phone or returned his call, or even left a modified voicemail greeting, or even posted something on his FB page. There would be no drama. It's not rocket science to do ANY of these things.

-Mike

Last edited:
I think the shop has this problem.

Attachments

• AAEAAQAAAAAAAAI8AAAAJGMzYjc1YjczLWQ2NTMtNDU2Ny1hODU0LWIzMjNmOTQ3N2I4NA (2).png
    AAEAAQAAAAAAAAI8AAAAJGMzYjc1YjczLWQ2NTMtNDU2Ny1hODU0LWIzMjNmOTQ3N2I4NA (2).png
    66.6 KB · Views: 101
i hope you didn't show up to get it in that, ahhh....banana suit. he doesn't know you like we do... ya know. i wouldn't have opened the door either, man.

Well this thread sure went places while I was on vacation.

Mark, what did he charge you to do the engraving? I might know a guy who might be interested in doing this kind of work.

So this place is next to Riley's? Apart from the apparently less than stellar cs, the other problem is that people don't even know the place exists. I have been to Riley's dozens of times and still have no idea what this place is or where it is. Maybe I'm just one of the clueless inept youth talked about in that other thread?

So this place is next to Riley's? Apart from the apparently less than stellar cs, the other problem is that people don't even know the place exists. I have been to Riley's dozens of times and still have no idea what this place is or where it is. Maybe I'm just one of the clueless inept youth talked about in that other thread?

Did ya look around in the parking lot when you parked at Riley's? [laugh] It's directly behind Riley's.

the bank cut my check today, homeboy isn't there until wednesday so hopefully i'll have my lower back by the end of the week. i'd better have my lower back by the end of the week.

After the C-F this has been, did he at least give you a tracking number??

he better. he's not even there until wednesday so the check should be there waiting for him and he hopefully will want me out of his hair and put my lower in the mail the same day.

can't wait to inspect the engraving now, hopefully he didn't **** it up.

it would only give the lower that much more character. i wouldn't even be mad, honestly. it's already referencing sex with animals so i mean... it couldn't get much worse.

If I can make those thing we were talking about happen, we can engrave ALL the dicks on your lowers.

Back
Top Bottom