USMC - Funerals - Award Winning Photos

Very moving. As a marine Veitnam vet these pictures are very heart felt for these brave young men and there families. Thanks Len for sharing.

heart broken

caption for the picture

The night before the burial of her husband's body, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of "Cat," and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. "I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it," she said. "I think that's what he would have wanted."
powerful

powerful pictures indeed.while looking at them i got goose bumps and started to tear up,its never easy to lose a member of the military and a loved one.what is hard for me is that they are one of our own{MARINES}.I have a hard time when i hear TAPS played at a funeral,i try not to cry but it never fails i always do.thank you len for sharing those images.

I appreciate what these fine young men and women do for us- it's still unfathomable what some of their families must deal with. God bless them.

Very very powerful pictures. I started tearing up a little when the wife was clutching the coffin at the airport. I had to walk away after viewing the picture of her sleeping next to the coffin.

Thank you for sharing these.

Yup, Taps does it for me too.

A good friend, Brother and Sgt in Boston PD as well as a Major in the NG usually does Taps Echo here on Memorial Day while they are laying the wreaths and doing the salute at the cemetery . . . talk about getting the willies!

Back
Top Bottom