USPSA RIFLE @ New Bedford - Sunday 11/27

Sunday 11/27 will be our annual USPSA Rifle match with 5 stages of Action Rifle fun. Open, Tactical (one optic) and Limited divisions.

Complete rules can be found here: http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2008RifleRuleswedits1-10.pdf

Registration starts at 9am, shooters meeting at 9:25am and first caps at 9:30am.

Expected round count will be between 150 and 200 rounds. Max distance is only 35 yards, but don't assume that means it will be easy.

Directions to the club and range: http://rodgun-nb.org/directions.htm

We're always interested in new folks getting involved, both new shooters to the sport as well as people wanting to get involved in helping with the match. New shooters are always welcome.

Dan,
I'm going to have to give you a hard time about shooting that cheap ammo!
I guess it's OK as long as you don't get it a WALMART!

Save Money, Shop Smart, Only at WALMART.

Next thing you know you'l be shootin those WALMART shotgun shells!

Just kidding, I might pick you some cheap stuff myself!

David E.

Dan,
I'm going to have to give you a hard time about shooting that cheap ammo!
I guess it's OK as long as you don't get it a WALMART!

Save Money, Shop Smart, Only at WALMART.

Next thing you know you'l be shootin those WALMART shotgun shells!

Just kidding, I might pick you some cheap stuff myself!

David E.

I need to save money for the .308 ammo for next season. Going to Raton in June for the He Man Nationals[grin]

O.K. - Mike W has talked me into trying this. TOTAL newbie! I would appreciate it if you would try to keep the laughter at a dull roar [rolleyes]. (If I bring my new-to-me shotgun - will there be someplace/time that I can try it out after the match?)

O.K. - Mike W has talked me into trying this. TOTAL newbie! I would appreciate it if you would try to keep the laughter at a dull roar [rolleyes]. (If I bring my new-to-me shotgun - will there be someplace/time that I can try it out after the match?)

We won't laugh, take cover maybe....
[smile]

You'll have a great time. What are you using for a rifle?

I need to save money for the .308 ammo for next season. Going to Raton in June for the He Man Nationals

Dan,
I was looking at shooting 308 for a while. As a matter of fact I shot some 308 and 30-06 yesterday, bolt guns, just for fun. After shooting 12ga slugs recently, the 308 is a baby and the 30-06 isn't too bad either.

I'm sure you read Pat Kelly's article on feeding the 308?
http://www.multigunmedia.com/308-build-or-buy.pdf

2012 I'm going with limited and/or TO. Might consider heavy metal in 2013.

David E.

Last edited:
David,
I haven't read Pat's article, I've been in contact with him though. When the Johnson's decided to have a Heavy Metal only match, it was enough to push me over that edge to shoot the division.

My budget is pretty tight, not sure I have room enough to pick up extra mags but I will take a look at what's available. I don't mind reloading the 4 I have though [laugh]

I have plenty of 30's, I will bring a few with me for ya.

ETA: I am FRIGGEN PUMPED I will be making this one! [mg]

I am really liking it so far. [wink]

Woot. I am looking forward to this!!!

TY, what kind of coffee do you drink again? Looking forward to meeting ya in person.
And all of you that were there for my epic rifle meltdown at harvard will get to see the new, improved, repaired, running flawlessly with over 600 rounds rifle. :)

Back
Top Bottom