USPSA RIFLE @ New Bedford - Sunday 11/27

Ok, I'm not afraid to admit I don't know how my AR works. I stick loaded mags in it and it shoots. I'm sure it needs to be cleaned before tomorrows match, but that aint happening. What I would like is to know if someone can show me how to lubricate it properly before the match. I figure I'll bring the rifle and a quart of motor oil to the safe table and wait for some knowledgeable soul to offer some assistance. I'll be the guy whose rifle screeches when you pull the bolt back cuz the rifle is bone dry...

-Cuz

Open the ejection port cover and liberally (in the classic sense - not the dirty hippy sense) pour, squirt, inject oil (I use full synthetic) above the bolt carrier, below the carry and then work the charging handle a bunch of times. You're now ready to shoot.

I came. I shot. I wait.

It was a long day, but a really fun one. Can't wait to see the score, I'm pretty much bouncing off the walls waiting for them.

Again, New Bedford is to be applauded for a job very well done. It was a long day due to the extraordinarily high turn out, but things went well and the the fun factor was pegged at '11'.

Thanks again for all the hard work to put this together. I wish we had more chances to shoot the long guns!

Scott & Dave, and the rest of the NB Crew, thanks so much for a fun match today (and last night!). Your work running everything you have this year is greatly appreciated. It's been a really fun year, and past few years since you guys redid the ranges there.

Scott & Dave, and the rest of the NB Crew, thanks so much for a fun match today (and last night!). Your work running everything you have this year is greatly appreciated. It's been a really fun year, and past few years since you guys redid the ranges there.

Thanks Matt - very nice of you. BTW Congrats - You shot a great match.

I also wanted to thank Alex and Jeff for pitching in, big time, today - Thanks.

I had a good time at my first ever USPSA rifle match using my stock Colt. Too bad I totally dumped the one stage by over loading that stupid mag, but for a first match, it's all good. Hope you have more of those!

Awesome match today, I had a blast with a great squad. I am glad that of the 2 or 3 matches I made it to this year, this was one of them.

Can't wait for the scores.

Thank you all! You guys are awesome. Two brand new things in one weekend - what could be more fun????? I was nervous about shooting a rifle for the first time at a match but everyone was very patient and very helpful. After the first stage jitters, I think I did pretty good for a newbie! A big, big thanks to Mike W. for talking me into this. I have a few videos of a couple of people and I'll post them later.

BTW - anyone have a rifle for sale [laugh]

I'm very glad I decided to make the long-ish drive down to New Bedford for the match today. The stages were challenging and really made me think about how I would attack them. Thanks to the staff for a great match!

Looking forward to seeing the scores!

Outstanding weather! 95 shooters - 180 round minimum.

Results posted: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/results/RGNB_2011_11_27.txt

There were a few folks who didn't list a division so you got put into OPEN. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

Next and last match for us for the season will be Steel Challenge on 12/11.

Tx

Thanks for getting the scores up so fast Dave, not easy work with that many shooters.
Congrat to Matt for crushing us. Just goes to show that a $47 AK that was hammered together in a garage and held together with spray paint can be competitive.

I wish I could say 80 penalty points is a new record for me... but its not [sad2]

Thank you for the hard work getting the scores up!

2010; 49 Morse, Ed U Tactical Minor N N N N 344.3830 41.83%

2011; 34 Morse, Ed U Tactical Minor N N N N 423.1700 52.32%

I am getting better! I just wish I had more time to practice.

Dave- IMPRESSIVE work running two matches in under 24 hours that required that much work, and then, today, when you couldn't possibly have left the range before 4:30, and then getting 92 shooters score sheets, with 5 stages, totaled, and entered into the scoring program.
Most people have no idea how much work that is
you deserve much props for that
thank you again for giving us the matches your crew does each month

Had a great time today, many thanks to the NB crew for putting on a great match with such a huge turn out. I actually scored higher than I anticipated for my first rifle match, despite my reloading issues. [thinking]

Also, big thanks to edmorseiii for the equipment loan.

BTW, thank you all for the kind words. Our crew works hard - as you can all imagine, it takes a lot of work from a lot of people (not just at our club but any club that hosts action shooting matchs). Be sure to thank the folks who design, build and work the stages.

Thanks for getting the scores up so fast Dave, not easy work with that many shooters.
Congrat to Matt for crushing us. Just goes to show that a $47 AK that was hammered together in a garage and held together with spray paint can be competitive.

I wish I could say 80 penalty points is a new record for me... but its not [sad2]

you need me to send you the link to where I got that tactical spray paint?
http://www.michaels.com/
they have their first live craft a thon, crafters webcast tomorrow at noon if you're not doing anything
me, i gotta work, so i'm gonna miss out

i also got my tactical digital duct tape that's on my mags there
if you get the sunday paper, there is typically a 50% off any one item coupon in there, you should look out for that, probably would take a whole roll of duct tape to cover your AR and all the mags, they are small rolls

Thanks to the NB crew for a great match. This match went very fast for the number of shooters involved. This is a credit to their organization. Geting the results posted so quickly is truly amazing. Thanks again.

A great big thank you to the New Bedford crew! Great stages, not so easy despite short distances, and lots of ammo fired!
As always it's good to shoot with friends and see others that were on different squads.
Donna,
Getting a rifle is easy.

Thanks to all who planned and worked the match!

It was a great match!

Would have been more fun for me if I had been shooting something other than a single shot breech loader.

Thanks again!

WTS - Used AR, normal wear and tear plus a few ball peen hammer marks, works great as a single shot.

David E.

Back
Top Bottom