Vitamins and Minerals

I've been taking the optimum nutrition mens vitamin, but 1 a day instead of the 2 or 3 recommended on the bottle because I just piss most of it out if I take that many (evidenced by neon nuclear waste almost glowing piss), I take some vitamin D because I work indoors, I take zinc and nac but not every day. I do use pre-workouts and creatine and protein supplements but not every day, only when I feel like I need it or my workouts justify it. I've been eating a very high protein diet, seems to work fine for me when I stick to it. The main thing is exercise, keeping my butt off the couch has the biggest impact on the way I feel.

Krill Oil
Multi Vitamin
Antioxident
Super Green Pill
Beet Juice Powder

I probably piss it all out too, but what the heck, it may do something. I think the krill and the beet powder work, not sure about the multi's.

Thats interesting. I just started back up on omeprizole but I dont recall if I was on it when I had the B12 related stomach issues.
That Omeprazole kinda bums me out. I've tried not using it and it's unbearable. Without it, anything I eat, or even if I don't eat at all, acid reflux right up my esophagus to the back of my tongue.
Ice water, milk, nothing quells the burn. I'm supposed to take it every day but I've got it down to Monday/Wednesday/Friday without having any ill affects. If I go more than 3 days without, it comes back. Looks like I'm stuck with this one for life. The OTC stuff is Prilosec, seems to work the same. I'm going to stock up this year, just in case the ball drops, I won't have that issue to deal with.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a good joint pain suppliment? Anti—inflamitory maybe? Looking to add something to my regimen. I took fish oil for about 6 months and didn't notice anything.

Maybe a collagen suppliment?

That Omeprazole kinda bums me out. I've tried not using it and it's unbearable. Without it, anything I eat, or even if I don't eat at all, acid reflux right up my esophagus to the back of my tongue.
Ice water, milk, nothing quells the burn. I'm supposed to take it every day but I've got it down to Monday/Wednesday/Friday without having any ill affects. If I go more than 3 days without, it comes back. Looks like I'm stuck with this one for life. The OTC stuff is Prilosec, seems to work the same. I'm going to stock up this year, just in case the ball drops, I won't have that issue to deal with.
I’ve pretty much succumbed to the fact that I’ll have to take it for life.

I also ordered Balance of Nature veggie and fruit supplements. Could be pure snake oil but I'm going to give it a try.

My daily intake now is vit c, vit d and zinc. That along with some healthy foods should help my immune system.

Decided to cut out cream and sugar in my morning coffee. Starts tomorrow... Let's see how that goes.
How did this go? Cream and sugar in my coffee is my one weakness.

OP
Nettles are a fantastic source of iron as well as many vitamins and minerals.
If you’re less inclined to pick your own, spinach is also high in iron.

I’ve pretty much succumbed to the fact that I’ll have to take it for life.

Same here. I have to take 20mg pills twice a day to keep mine at bay. I’ve been on it for 10 years so had to do an endoscopy to make sure I wasn’t developing Barrett’s syndrome. Luckily all clear.

Same here. I have to take 20mg pills twice a day to keep mine at bay. I’ve been on it for 10 years so had to do an endoscopy to make sure I wasn’t developing Barrett’s syndrome. Luckily all clear.
I was checked for that a while back. I think the same time they did a colonoscopy. Probably due for another colonoscopy.

How did this go? Cream and sugar in my coffee is my one weakness.
I've had black coffee on and off over the years so I knew what I was getting into. Maybe onece or twice a year I will have a black cup. Usually not by choice. I just never had the urge to switch my routine cold turkey.

Day one my first two sips tasted bad. Then the rest of the cup was good. Day two the whole cup tasted good. Day three tomorrow.... Hope it was like day two....

I've had black coffee on and off over the years so I knew what I was getting into. Maybe onece or twice a year I will have a black cup. Usually not by choice. I just never had the urge to switch my routine cold turkey.

Day one my first two sips tasted bad. Then the rest of the cup was good. Day two the whole cup tasted good. Day three tomorrow.... Hope it was like day two....

Ugh. I remember when I had to quit sugar as a whole due to a diabetic discovery. Coffee just sucked for a month as I tried to get used to just cream. Finally happened and I can’t even imagine putting sugar in it again. Can’t get used to it with no cream and we drink good coffee.

Ugh. I remember when I had to quit sugar as a whole due to a diabetic discovery. Coffee just sucked for a month as I tried to get used to just cream. Finally happened and I can’t even imagine putting sugar in it again. Can’t get used to it with no cream and we drink good coffee.
I could do just cream maybe but I really want to cut that out too. I like milk and won't give that up.

We only get Pete's coffee and sometimes Starbucks if it's on sale.

I had acute erosive esophagus. Extensive upper endoscopies. Several colonoscopies. Being monitored for Barrett’s. I was on Nexium, Prilosec etc., etc.
Laying off bread, coffee and spicy food helped. What really led me to remission and coming off meds was yogurt and probiotics.
I eat yogurt with active cultures and Green Vibrance green drink with 25 billion probiotics, daily.

Can anyone recommend a good joint pain suppliment? Anti—inflamitory maybe? Looking to add something to my regimen. I took fish oil for about 6 months and didn't notice anything.

Green lipped sea mussel (sounds like a punch-line to a joke,but its real & works)

I like my coffee like I like my women.
rich and full bodied!
black & strong?

Other than Amazon, can anyone recommend a good site for supplements?
SWANSON vitamins is my wifes and my go-to. Wife worked at GNC 10 years, they're pretty good as well, but seems most boxes come to the house from Swansons....
I can find some deals on Groupon, especially tumeric....actually, tumeric is about it :rolleyes:...oh yeah, cbd fruit as well. Skip the gummies, they've got more dyes than a hippies shirt.
On topic...gawd, I take a lot of stuff...multi, d, k,mushroom powders, elderberry, nac, omega 3-6-9 yada yada. Dropped health insurance, docs almost killed me several times, last being 2 years back and I'd rather listen to my body than listen to them. a "beefed up" protein powder before a run/workout, adding magnesium, potassium, msm, and a vitamin c packet. I also take a swig of silver biotics most days, and olive leaf extract during flu season.
Sore, achy joints...you can try glucosamine w/ condroitin, msm, omegas(fish,flaxseed,olive oils) and collagen, which comes in a pretty tasteless powder.

Last edited:
SWANSON vitamins is my wifes and my go-to. Wife worked at GNC 10 years, they're pretty good as well, but seems most boxes come to the house from Swansons....
I can find some deals on Groupon, especially tumeric....actually, tumeric is about it :rolleyes:...oh yeah, cbd fruit as well. Skip the gummies, they've got more dyes than a hippies shirt.
On topic...gawd, I take a lot of stuff...multi, d, k,mushroom powders, elderberry, nac, omega 3-6-9 yada yada. Dropped health insurance, docs almost killed me several times, last being 2 years back and I'd rather listen to my body than listen to them. a "beefed up" protein powder before a run/workout, adding magnesium, potassium, msm, and a vitamin c packet. I also take a swig of silver biotics most days, and olive leaf extract during flu season.
Sore, achy joints...you can try glucosamine w/ condroitin, msm, omegas(fish,flaxseed,olive oils) and collagen, which comes in a pretty tasteless powder.
Thank you. I just ordered a bunch of stuff. Seemed like good deals too.

Im supposed to take it twice a day but once has been fine for me. Missed a day last week and didnt realize until I was feeling the burn.

It is a miracle drug though. I could eat a pepperoni and onion pizza at midnight, go straight to bed and wouldnt experience the slightest burn. Without it, Im burning regardless of what I eat or dont eat. Good idea to stock up on the otc stuff.

In this country, very few people need vitamins. That said, if taking them makes you feel better (either because they're actually working, or it's the placebo effect), go for it.
Dirt Poor: Have Fruits and Vegetables Become Less Nutritious? There are a lot of articles about soil depletion and pesticides etc. Plus the standard processed American diet is probably missing some nutrients and trace minerals. Also the USDA daily percentage for most vitamins are set at the level to keep you alive not necessarily for optimum health. You need to find what works for you. I figured out what works for me from trial and error. But it keeps me going and I can tell when I skip them for more than a couple of days.

I like this collagen powder. It's a more complete mix. It disolves easily and I mix it into soups and baked goods as well,

Amazon product ASIN B07GJ66C1CView: https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Collagen-Hydrolyzed-Protein-Powder/dp/B07GJ66C1C/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-rsf-lq2a1_0?crid=11P2DX584GXXA&cv_ct_cx=multi+collagen+protein+powder&dchild=1&keywords=multi+collagen+protein+powder&pd_rd_i=B07GJ66C1C&pd_rd_r=9774354f-d7f3-4737-9149-f38c3673b86e&pd_rd_w=HtvpC&pd_rd_wg=kNaXb&pf_rd_p=654e971b-9dd5-438c-aac0-793feffede86&pf_rd_r=YQBA06EYG5FKBB9PXXYN&psc=1&qid=1618705410&sprefix=multi+collagen%2Caps%2C182&sr=1-1-49946e88-733b-44df-869b-c05699555c56

This is the only joint supplement I've taken that seems to make a difference. I can feel the difference when I take a break from it.

Amazon product ASIN B07SKHQPDXView: https://www.amazon.com/Glucosamine-Sulfate-Chondroitin-MSM-Curcumin/dp/B07SKHQPDX/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1L44G903T1M6O&dchild=1&keywords=zenwise+joint+support&qid=1618705495&sprefix=zenwise%2Caps%2C170&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyQjdDT01JTlFWRTNDJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTM5MTU2MktaTzRIUk9KQVo3VSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjIzOTk3MzVNWEZYWERZVEI0JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Other than Amazon, can anyone recommend a good site for supplements?
Another second for Swansons. Also Vitacost has a good brand and some decent sales.

Im supposed to take it twice a day but once has been fine for me. Missed a day last week and didnt realize until I was feeling the burn.

It is a miracle drug though. I could eat a pepperoni and onion pizza at midnight, go straight to bed and wouldnt experience the slightest burn. Without it, Im burning regardless of what I eat or dont eat. Good idea to stock up on the otc stuff.
Stuff like that used to bother me too, even when young and thin they made me drink barium and spin around on a turntable to find something but never did. Then I discovered ghost peppers - like hot enough to go to the hospital if they get near your eyes - and somehow they feed the demon in my belly and it's left me alone ever since. I've heard it elsewhere that the spicy food is good for gut health, but maybe not for everyone. I add tumeric powder to everything possible for respiratory health, and eat alot of shitake mushrooms for the cancer prevention (I hope).
Known fact (from an Indian cancer surgeon I respect) - Indians don't get pancreatic cancer because they load up on the spices.

Back
Top Bottom