Vitamins and Minerals

I started taking glucosamine chondroitin today. So far no improvement. But nothing helps my hips and back like a hike, so I took one of those too. A little turmeric with dinner for the damn foot that refuses to heal.

I started taking glucosamine chondroitin today. So far no improvement. But nothing helps my hips and back like a hike, so I took one of those too. A little turmeric with dinner for the damn foot that refuses to heal.
I'll be in the same boat soon with glucosamine and chondroitin. Waiting for my delivery. I got some other goodies coming too.

What do you guys recommend for immunity boosters? I take Vit D (5000iu) and Elderberry (575mg 3 times a day) for a while now and will continue. I've also upped my vegetable intake.

Anything else?

We're also chronically deficient in magnesium, which is necessary to metabolize vit. D (unless you eat a lot of nuts and beans). I take it transdermally too (i.e. in a spray bottle).
Otherwise, mushrooms of all edible kinds have great benefits.

We're also chronically deficient in magnesium, which is necessary to metabolize vit. D (unless you eat a lot of nuts and beans). I take it transdermally too (i.e. in a spray bottle).
Otherwise, mushrooms of all edible kinds have great benefits.
I have been eating a lot of peanuts and almonds the past month. As a snack as I'm trying to maintain my current weight.

I'll have to research magnesium a little.

Can anyone recommend a good joint pain suppliment? Anti—inflamitory maybe? Looking to add something to my regimen. I took fish oil for about 6 months and didn't notice anything.

Maybe a collagen suppliment?
There are two supplements for me over my lifetime that made a big difference. the latest being Balance 7 that Howie's been touting, i had pain everywhere now gone, i always had cramps and tight muscles. i always new lactic acid was my enemy, i feel great.
Well black coffee after day 5 was indeed good. No more need for cream and sugar. Just an update....
nothing wrong with cream 100% heavy.
agree on sugar, Sugar as an additive is the single worst thing you can eat.

Can anyone recommend a good joint pain suppliment? Anti—inflamitory maybe? Looking to add something to my regimen. I took fish oil for about 6 months and didn't notice anything.

Maybe a collagen suppliment?

I just found out about Tumeric / Curcumin last month, started taking it.
Unless it a huge placebo effect, this stuff is absolutely amazing. Works freakishly well.
Sciatica gone, no more groaning or slow to get up.
I strongly encourage everyone to research it and try it out for stiffness and joint pain.
My research indicates its the stuff behind the Fox News Relief Factor commercial we see every 2 minutes.

I just found out about Tumeric / Curcumin last month, started taking it.
Unless it a huge placebo effect, this stuff is absolutely amazing. Works freakishly well.
Sciatica gone, no more groaning or slow to get up.
I strongly encourage everyone to research it and try it out for stiffness and joint pain.
My research indicates its the stuff behind the Fox News Relief Factor commercial we see every 2 minutes.

I think turmeric is legit.

I also ordered Balance of Nature veggie and fruit supplements. Could be pure snake oil but I'm going to give it a try.

My daily intake now is vit c, vit d and zinc. That along with some healthy foods should help my immune system.

Decided to cut out cream and sugar in my morning coffee. Starts tomorrow... Let's see how that goes.
How is that Balance of a nature working for you? My wife is after me to try it.

How is that Balance of a nature working for you? My wife is after me to try it.
Hard to tell. I have been taking it for over a year now and I believe it is helping me out. I don't see any energy boost from it but my blood work is good. I also take other supplements.

It's quite the process, but I empty out all the vitamins in the fiber and spice mix. I add water and chug it down. It doesn't taste pretty but it works for me. You can add a splash of apple juice to take the bite out of it.

It's also quite expensive and they have had supply issues. So, I have gone a month or so before without any product due to demand and supply.

The one thing that hurt me was Centrum when I used it. Way to much Iron in it and it shot my Iron levels way up. Switched to a different multivitamin with no iron and my levels came back down to normal.

How does one know their iron levels?

How does one know their iron levels?

It was caught during a physical blood test. At first they thought it was hemochromatosis and when I went through my meds and supplements with a hematologist they recommended I stay away from multivitamins that had Iron in them. I switch and 6 months later my iron levels had come back down to normal. Everyone is different but something to check at your next physical.

Iron has precautions that I am not privy too. Vitamin D and Magnesium everyday are necessities.

This lady has an interesting background, with degrees in psychiatry and as a professional chef.
Depression can be a symptom of magnesium deficiency, is one conclusion reached from the results of multiple studies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom