Vito Gurevich and Auto Burst Technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this information is useful to all the shooters in the Northeast. During an internet search I found that some of the members here have also had experiences with Vito.

RE: Vito Gurevich and Auto Burst Technologies

I would not recommend Vitaly "Vito" Gurevich a.k.a. Vmon at Uzitalk/ Uziduzit on Silencer Talk or Auto Burst Technologies. The following is an account of my dealings with him.

6/04/08 Vito advertises his 9mm two stage suppressors on Uzitalk.com. I emailed him expressing interest.

6/05/08 Vito emailed me and told me I need to buy as, “they are going fast.” We made deal and I sent payment.

6/11/08 Check cashed

6/12/08 My SOT got Vito’s FFL and SOT information. My SOT told me his Form 3 transfers times are, “running 3 weeks to a month and Form 4s are running two months.

8/4/08 I called my SOT after 9 weeks. My SOT told me did not receive the Form 3. My SOT called the BATFE. The BATFE said they have nothing in the system. I called Vito. Vito said BATFE probably lost his Form 3 it due to the fact he faxed it. Vito said he resubmitted the Form 3.

9/21/08 I called my SOT after six weeks. My SOT said he had heard nothing. My SOT called the BATFE. The BATFE said they had nothing in the system. I called Vito. He said he would resubmit the form 3 because, “The BATFE probably lost it again.”

10/27/08 After 4 weeks, BATFE approved the Form 3.

10/28/08 I called my SOT. My SOT called BATFE. BATFE told my SOT the Form 3 was approved 10/27/08. My SOT and I started the Form 4 on a Trust. I called Vito and let him know the Form 3 was approved and we are starting the Form 4. Vito says will send the suppressor when he got his Form 3 returned. I pay my SOT his fee and the $200.00 Federal transfer tax. My SOT sends a company check with the tax and the Form 4 on a trust.

12/4/08 I visited my SOT’s shop to see if the suppressor had arrived. My SOT said no.

12/4/08 I emailed Vito and ask him if he sent the can. Vito said no. Vito told me he did not receive the Form 3. Vito emailed me back and told me he spoke with the BATFE. Vito said the BATFE would send him the Form 3.

12/17/08 I called BATFE to check on Form 4 sent 10/28/08. The BATFE said nothing was in the system and no check had been cashed. They told me to resubmit.

12/24/08 My SOT resent the Form 4 on a trust with a new check from me. The SOT credited me for the first $200.00 check against transfer fees on four other NFA transfers I had with him.

1/2/09 Form 4 Tax Paid check cashed

3/2/ 09 Form 4 went pending

4/3/09 Form 4 was approved

4/15/09 I visited my SOT’s shop. My SOT reports he was not sure where the can or the approved Form 4 were. I called Vito. He said he never got the Form 3 so he never sent the can. My SOT faxed Vito a copy of the Form 3. Vito said he would send the suppressor out to my dealer that day. Vito did not send the suppressor.

4/27/09 I called my SOT. My SOT said the suppressor has not arrived. I called Vito and inquired where my suppressor was. Vito told me that he would send the suppressor to my dealer. Vito sent it out the next day.

5/1/09 I called BATFE to find my Form 4. BATFE said the Form 4 should have arrived. The BATFE connected me to the examiner and he sent out an endorsed copy.

5/4/09 The endorsed copy arrived. I went to get my suppressor from my SOT. The shop guys could not help me as my SOT was on vacation for a week.

5/13/09 I picked up the suppressor.

5/21/09 The original Form 4 with stamp arrived in mail.

5/23/09 I tried screwing the suppressor on my weapon and discovered the mount/blast baffle had the wrong thread pattern for any existing 9mm weapon. I sent Vito an email.

5/25/09 I called Vito. He said to return the mount/blast baffle for an exchange. I sent it back.

5/31/09 I emailed Vito and asked for verification by a tracking number for shipment. No reply came.

6/1/09 I called Vito. He said the blast chamber was, “going out the door”. Vito did not send the part.

6/5/09 I called to confirm the part left. Vito said the part left. Vito did not send the part.

6/11/09 I called Vito after I found nothing in the mail. Vito said he had not sent the part originally because he did not have a replacement blast baffle with the right thread pattern. Vito said that my 9mm suppressors from Toys for Big Boys (the manufacturer) has the incorrect threads. He said this was an unforeseen problem from the company he bought them (TBB). He said he made an unanodized replacement part with his CNC machine. Vito said he was adding it to his next order for anodizing. Vito said he would send the blast chamber to me without the anodizing, if I wanted. I stated I wanted what I paid for, a complete and finished suppressor. Vito said he could complete the part in, “two weeks”

7/6/09 I called Vito again. He said the part was at his anodizer and the anodizer company would be on vacation from the 4th of July to the end of the next week.

7/13/09 I called again. Vito said he has not heard from his anodizer. Vito wanted me to call him back on Wednesday 7/15/09.

7/15/90 I called Vito. He said he had not picked up his order from the anodizer. He said he would send someone to pick up his order and send it. Vito did not send the part.

7/20/09 I called Vito. He said he had not picked up the order. He said he would pick up the part himself and send it. Vito did not send the part.

7/27/09 I called Vito 2x. No answer.

7/28/09 I called Vito 2x. No answer.

7/30/09 I called Vito. Vito said, “ I’m was sure the part had left my shop.” Vito said he was on vacation for the week. Vito said he would call his guy at the shop that night and make sure the part left. The part was not sent.

8/2/09 I sent Vito an email asking him to send the part and give me a reply with a track and confirm number. I got no reply.

8/3/09 I called Vito and ask if his one of his guys sent the part. Vito said it was probably in the pile of stuff on his desk that was created while he was on vacation. Vito said he would send the part out either tomorrow or the next day.

8/5/09 Vito emails me with a USPS tracking number for shipment.

8/10/09 USPS email alert says that a package has been submitted.

8/12/09 The part arrives. It has the wrong threads for the second stage of the suppressor.

I called Vito. He tells me he will make a new part. He said that he copied the replacement part from another can that he had in innovatory so he could not understand what went wrong. I asked if all the parts, except the 1st stage serialized tube, could have been switched between the 9mm and .45 suppressors. He says yes. He said he would make all new parts from the other 9mm suppressors he has in his shop.

I tell him that if he had another 9mm suppressor in stock this whole time, he should have changed out the right parts 6 months ago. I reminded Vito that I have been waiting for 14 months. He agrees that I will hold the serialized 1st stage tube and send all parts from my suppressor back to him. Vito will send the replacement parts he had in stock, to me.

8/13/09 I send my parts to him.

8/15/09 USPS confirms my parts arrive at Vito’s.

9/1/09 I called Vito and ask if he sent the parts. Vito said he did not. Vito said he would put them in the mail. Vito did not send the parts.

9/8/09 I called Vito and asked why he did not send the parts. He said he was in the middle of moving his shop. I told him to put the parts in the mail today. Vito said he would. I sent Vito an email to remind him.

9/21/09 I called Vito. No answer. I left a message on an answering machine.

9/22/09 I called Vito. No answer. I left a message on an answering machine.

9/23/09 I called Vito. No answer. I left a message on an answering machine.

9/24/09 I called Vito. No answer. I left a message on an answering machine. An hour later, I receive a message on my answering machine from Vito. It says he’s been busy moving his shop all week and he will send it out this weekend. I sent him an email to remind him.

10/1/09 The parts arrive in the mail.

Just to clarify, this is the Vito from MA not FL.

AUTO-BURST TECHNOLOGIES
7 Cabot Place
Stoughton, Massachusetts
508-326-5691
[email protected]

He's moved his shop again so I'm not sure where is now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abysmal.

I have had some similar issues in the past (not with this person). At some point you just need to look at the options. Not 100% sure on all the details of silencers. But, a route you may have been able to go would have been able to do(once you have the registered part in hand). Go directly to the manufacturer and get the correct parts swapped out through them. And also, register your dissatisfaction with the whole ordeal.

Granted you trusted the dealer to make it right in a reasonable time frame and you appear to be strung along. In hindsight, it may have been easier to cut this person out of the chain as soon as possible..

Last edited:
Eep. I guess dealing with a guy named Vito lives up to the stereotype.

All kidding aside, I do feel bad for you going through the runaround. That just sucks.

ok i'm not looking to start trouble here but wasn't zero hour named auto burst tec before? did they simply change their name or did they just take over the building? if you do a google search for auto burst technologies you will see the 4th link down has an address for them that is the same as zero hour arms. other links point there as well.

it was my understanding that auto burst tec was in stoughton and moved to south easton at the address where zero hour is now. did they change their name or did zero hour take them or the building over?

i have been to zero hour and bought guns off of them but it never dawned on me about auto burst tec.

after looking some more auto burst tec listed Here has the same address AND phone number that is on my bus. card i got from zero hour.

if you look at zero hour here on NES you will see the same address and phone number that is listed in the above link for auto burst tec, are they one in the same?

Last edited:
I hope this information is useful to all the shooters in the Northeast. During an internet search I found that some of the members here have also had experiences with Vito...

Strobro32 I replied to your post over on subguns.com, but since you posted this here too I figured I would share "my take" on this situation with "the locals" at NES. Like I said, honestly sounds like sure he may have been a little slow towards the end, but looks to me like he went "above and beyond" for you...Seriously look at your own time line...

Is the 3 months from 6/05/08-10/27/08 his fault because ATF lost the form 3's?

Just like the 2 months from10/28/08-12/24/08 when ATF lost your Form 4?

How about then the next four months it took ATF to approve your form 4 (4/3/09).

Then I guess its his fault that somehow your Form 4 took almost 2 months to get to your dealer from ATF (again something VITO has nothing to do with). Long story short its now 11 months later, and you have your supressor. Unfortunately thats sometimes just "life" sometimes in the NFA game, with not a lot seeming to be anything, you, your dealer, or Vito did wrong.

So OK 5/23/09 you try it out and find its treaded "wrong". What does that A-hole vito do? does he say tough luck get in touch with the manufacturer? No he lets you send the part back to him and he makes the replacement part for you! in fact you could have had that part he made for you on 6/11/09 (whats that 2 weeks later)but you wanted it finished (anodized) which is understandable, but also understandable is that he has to send it out to be anodized...

OK so I'll give you this maybe from that point till 8/5/09 he should have stayed a bit more "on top" of things, but seriously there is only about 1 month where MAYBE he was maybe a little lax in keeping track of your part.

So then OK you get the part and it still isn't right, so he lets you send back all the "guts" to exchange for "new guts" and that takes a couple months...OK sure he might have been a little slow, and probably avoided your calls (hell with this time line of yours you do come off as an anal pain in the ass, I'd avoid your calls too) But again here's the thing, he was helping you out, making the customer happy by supporting a product he SOLD, rather than sending you off to deal with the manufacturer...On top of that he did it all while apparently moving shops 2-3 times...

Just to clarify, I've dealt with Vito before with no issues, the way I read you story sounds just like Vito, real stand up guy who will do whatever it takes to make his customers happy...

Wow, nothing like making an account on a forum just to bash a vendor! And on a transaction that can't be made by what, 99.99% of the folks on this board... At least you can own a suppressor...

--EasyD

securityboy,
You sure have made a great effort to post your reply and follow this review on a few sites. I left this review as a warning for others. You are free to do what you want.

EsayD,
This includes moving to a state that trusts it citizens enough to buy a firearm muffler.

Suppressor Problem

I would like to respond to the allegations made against me by Strobo. He was correct in stating that the suppressor transfer went extremely badly. However, since I had to move my shop on short notice, change my FFL, during which I ran into some problems with renewing my SOT (standard occupational tax stamp) it took a long time for the transfer to be completed. I assure everyone that the paperwork was submitted in a timely manner, but because of these changes it took a long time to be completed. All these things were explained to Matt and a full refund was offered (this wasn't mentioned in the write up). When it was discovered that the factory parts were incorrect on the suppressor, I did my best to work with Matt and manufactured the parts specifically for him and reanodized them to match the original suppressor. The job ended up costing me three times more than the suppressor was worth in the first place. Never the less, it was done and delivered. I have never had a customer who did not receive the product they purchased, check my feedback on gunbroker under uziduzit. Sometimes snags are inevitable, but its important to mention that I always try my best to resolve the problems and keep the customer happy.

Do you believe your own BS Vito?

You never told me about your SOT/ FFL problems. You never offered a refund. The replacement part was in your shop the whole time. You didn't have to make it. You should have swapped them out and saved us 5 months. You shouldn't have let it sit on your desk for 45 days before shipping.

I never called you a crook. You did deliver the part. You just have a serious problem with the truth, keeping promises and follow through.

Auto Burst

Matt, you can say what you want, I am not going to get into an argument with you. The item was delivered as advertised, it did take a long time for reasons listed, whether you believe them or not doesn't matter. My reputation in the firearms community is stellar. You can ask thousands of customers who have purchased high end firearms and accessories from me for over 10 years now. They will all tell you, that they received their items on time, in advertised condition, and for a fair price. Sometimes snags do happen and unfortunately I cant always please everyone, even though I tried my hardest to do that with you and I am sorry you did not have a good experience with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom