Want To Say Hello

Hey everyone. The name is Jeff and the call sign is KB1VXF. I usually talk on the 76 in Rhode Island or on the 150 in Fall River. I am a General but still don't have an HF Radio yet. I am saving the money for a Kenwood TS2000, but honestly it's taking a while b/c I keep buying guns LOL! Anyway just wanted to drop in and say hi and maybe talk to you on the local repeaters.

KB1VXF

JEFF

Welcome aboard Jeff! Good to see some new blood in this forum This Ham Radio forum was going strong up until about a year ago and then fell asleep. It usually picks up a bit in the winter though.

I've got my extra and just a modest shack in the basememt with a FT-857, a 2M J-pole in the attic and a 180' random wire up in the trees for HF. Winter seems to be my main Ham time. For some dumb reason I seem to be fussing with my wire antannas mostly in the cold.

When people feel like talking, this is a great forum with some uber-smart and really experienced hams.

Welcome aboard Jeff! Good to see some new blood in this forum This Ham Radio forum was going strong up until about a year ago and then fell asleep. It usually picks up a bit in the winter though.

I've got my extra and just a modest shack in the basememt with a FT-857, a 2M J-pole in the attic and a 180' random wire up in the trees for HF. Winter seems to be my main Ham time. For some dumb reason I seem to be fussing with my wire antannas mostly in the cold.

When people feel like talking, this is a great forum with some uber-smart and really experienced hams.

Thank you for the reply and welcome. I'm studying for the extra exam now when I get the free time (a 3 yr old and 8 month old son) so my time is generally spoken for. LOL! At least you can get on the air and make contacts. I just don't want to get a 10M radio for cheap money just to get the TS2000 later on. Seems most people mess with their antennas in the Winter months. Not really a bad thing as it lets you winterize all your connections.

Thanks again for the welcome...

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Jeff

Hello to you! Thank you for the welcome!

Hi Jeff, glad you joined the forum. Hope to see you around...I haven't had a lot of time to get on here lately because of travel for work...so welcome. I'm also an General...I've been studying for my Extra as well...but I don't have the time I'd like either.

I need to hang two HF antenna's outside...the one I have just doesn't work like I would like...at some point I'll get around to it.

Here's my little area in the Basement.

IMG00070-20110403-1800.jpg

C-pher W1CFR

Hi Jeff, glad you joined the forum. Hope to see you around...I haven't had a lot of time to get on here lately because of travel for work...so welcome. I'm also an General...I've been studying for my Extra as well...but I don't have the time I'd like either.

I need to hang two HF antenna's outside...the one I have just doesn't work like I would like...at some point I'll get around to it.

C-pher W1CFR

Hi C-pher! Thank you for the welcome! I have been reading the ARRL Extra study guide (got it for free with my renewal) just don't know when I will get to a VE Session. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it right now. If you find time in a bottle somewhere be sure to share! LOL! Nice little shack you have there, I bet you made some great contacts! I figure by the time I get my Extra I should have an HF radio.

Anyway be safe with Sandy making her way up the coast.

KB1VXF

Jeff

Hi C-pher! Thank you for the welcome! I have been reading the ARRL Extra study guide (got it for free with my renewal) just don't know when I will get to a VE Session. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it right now. If you find time in a bottle somewhere be sure to share! LOL! Nice little shack you have there, I bet you made some great contacts! I figure by the time I get my Extra I should have an HF radio.

Anyway be safe with Sandy making her way up the coast.

KB1VXF

Jeff

I've been playing as well with Hamtestonline.com. When I have time I get on there and just practice the Extra questions and such.

You be safe as well...I've been charging batteries for the HTs and the 12v for one or two of them downstairs. So, I'll be listening to Skywarn and such when I can and while I'm driving to and from work...but I'm sure it won't be as much as I like...as of now...work is still going on.

C-pher W1CFR

Nice shack. It has grown quite a bit since I saw it last.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

Back
Top Bottom