Wareham police seize firearms, including two assault rifles

Status
Not open for further replies.
"He said residents can be confident that incidents involving the illegal possession of firearms and ammunition will continue to be considered a matter of the highest priority for the Wareham Police Department."

Highest priority? REALLY? No rapes, no assaults, no battery, no murder, no software pirating at all? Wow, Utopia.

Its a Mosin 91/30, Two SKS's (those are assault rifles now, even with a fixed 10 round mag) a CZ82, Nagant revolver, Tokarev, and what looks to be some little .25 or .22 pistol.

I also love that they secured "several rounds of ammo", and "Magazine Holders". Cant let those mag holders run amok ya know. [wink]

Last edited:
WAREHAM — Wareham detectives confiscated several guns, including two assault rifles, stored by a Wareham man who wasn’t properly licensed during a search warrant’s execution at 14 Tomahawk Drive in the town’s Indian Mound Beach section Wednesday, Feb. 22.

Entry was made without incident, police said, and resident Brian Townley, 25, 14 Tomahawk Drive, was cooperative. He led detectives to a room in the house where several weapons and various ammunitions were located in a secured area. Police said rifles, including two assault-type rifles, two pistols, several rounds of ammunition, along with several magazine holders were located and secured.

Townley is due in court on March 20 to face charges of possession of a firearm without an FID card (six counts), possession of ammunition, possession of a large capacity feeding device (four counts), firearm possession with one prior violent crime conviction (juvenile offense).

Chief Richard Stanley praised detectives’ investigation, as several dangerous weapons in the possession of an unlicensed resident were removed from Wareham’s streets. He said residents can be confident that incidents involving the illegal possession of firearms and ammunition will continue to be considered a matter of the highest priority for the Wareham Police Department.

It doesn't say what the warrant was for...

Is that a Nagant revolver? And maybe a Tokarev?

g2e22e2000000000000efa48e88eddfcd2478209cf848886981b992caef.jpg

wtf was the warrant for?

It doesn't say what the warrant was for...

I would guess it had something to do with the bricks of white powder in the picture.

Maybe I can offer my services as an 03FFL to take possession of those "assault type" rifles and evil handguns, so they can never hurt anyone ever again.[devil]

Its a Mosin 91/30, Two SKS's (those are assault rifles now, even with a fixed 10 round mag) a CZ82, Nagant revolver, Tokarev, and what looks to be some little .25 or .22 pistol.

Wow, this guy is really into Russian army thing, all of these firearms would have been used ... except for .22 and CZ82 is basically a Mak with extra parts.

Yugo SKSes with bayonets and grenade launchers!!! ZOMG!!! The entire south shore is a safer place tonight with these baby-and-cop killing machines off the streets!!!

So a fixed 10rd magazine semi-automatic rifle with a non-pistol grip, fixed laminate wood stock is now an "assault rifle" ??

Talk about definition creep. How long before a single shot .22LR fits the defintion of assault rifle?

Wareham detectives confiscated several guns, including two assault rifles, stored by a Wareham man...
Chief Richard Stanley praised detectives’ investigation, as several dangerous weapons in the possession of an unlicensed resident were removed from Wareham’s streets.

So were the guns "stored" or on the "streets". Words have meaning.

p.s. "Guns off the streets"...my God do I hate that f***ing expression.

"Chief Richard Stanley praised the investigative actions of the Detective Division, as
several dangerous weapons in the possession of an unlicensed resident were removed from the streets of Wareham. Residents can be confident that incidents involving the illegal possession of firearms and ammunition will continue to be considered a matter of the highest priority for the Wareham Police Department."

Are the people of Wareham simple enough to be reassured by this?

g2e22e2000000000000efa48e88eddfcd2478209cf848886981b992caef.jpg

So, if I want to bid on any items on the table I just post: "I'll take it."

Oops, thought I was in the Classifieds...

At least Wareham still issues LTC-A's, no restrictions in a timely manner. Maybe just mouthing what the squares need to hear while actually gelding an actual douche. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

A 91/30 qualifies as an "assault rifle" now?! What would they call my M44, a dangerous concealable weapon?

A 91/30 qualifies as an "assault rifle" now?! What would they call my M44, a dangerous concealable weapon?
Nah, they said two AWs. Are SKS's considered AW's now? <Honest question, not trying to be a dink>

922r violation of the SKS with the large capacity magazine. :)
huh?

So a fixed 10rd magazine semi-automatic rifle with a non-pistol grip, fixed laminate wood stock is now an "assault rifle" ??

Talk about definition creep. How long before a single shot .22LR fits the defintion of assault rifle?

Not to mention an SKS is not an "assault weapon" by pure definition as it has no detachable magazine. 'F Wareham PD and their gun grabbing, hysteria inducing, anti-rights ways.

At least Wareham still issues LTC-A's, no restrictions in a timely manner. Maybe just mouthing what the squares need to hear while actually gelding an actual douche. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

Why in the hell would any gun owner in Mass give "the benefit of the doubt" to a gun confiscation? **** doubt. It's a certainty that freedom is denied here every hour of every day. You can't own a gun without a permit. In the vast majority of America that is rightly considered a joke.

Where is the victim here? Who was harmed by this property crime?

Everyone involved in this idiocy deserves complete contempt. Great job guys. How's it feel to earn a living for stealing private property, putting people in prison for victimless crimes, and violating basic human rights? You are all a bunch of heroes. We peons thank you for what little liberty we are allowed to retain.

10 to 1 this is the result of a pissed off girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom