West Springfield Gun & Knife Show March 8 & 9, 2014

Its This weekend, why isn't anyone talking about it?

Probably because it sucks. It's pretty much the worst gun show in MA. The only thing good about it is it's "sorta" in Western MA. That and because it sucks, it won't be very crowded. The ammo vendors are relegated to a tent- so any of the one off guys selling small lots of ammo aren't selling ammo.

If you want my advice, wait for Marlboro. No parking fee and you will see 25% more stuff easily. No ammo tent gayness, either.

-Mike

From a link on the promoter's website:

http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/Misc/News-Articles.htm

It’s been 21 years since Chittenden started with gun shows. He was a dealer, and on slow days he noticed something that would change his career: He might sell nothing, but the guy charging admission always got paid.

“Every time somebody walks in the place, he’s making money,” Chittenden said. So he became that guy, and now puts on about 15 gun shows a year in the Northeast.

My son and I plan on going tomorrow morning. I've missed more than I've attended in recent years. If the guy from Sadlak is there and has parts I might pull the trigger on a scope mount for my M1A.

For those of us who are "sorta" in Western Mass it's the best show around. Marlborough is a two-hour drive for me. Even with my Mazda the parking fees at the Big E are less than what I would spend on gas, not to mention the extra time (3+ hours) I'd spend driving.

This is my first Springfield show. I went to Wilmington last year and hit Marlboro this year already.

Ma LTC
GOAL Member

Stopped at Guns and Gun Parts and he's setting up there, but Guns Inc. is not I was told. Just in case anyone cares.

My son and I plan on going tomorrow morning. I've missed more than I've attended in recent years. If the guy from Sadlak is there and has parts I might pull the trigger on a scope mount for my M1A.

For those of us who are "sorta" in Western Mass it's the best show around. Marlborough is a two-hour drive for me. Even with my Mazda the parking fees at the Big E are less than what I would spend on gas, not to mention the extra time (3+ hours) I'd spend driving.

Yeah the commute sucks but the problem I have with Springfield is it's $15 ish to get in by the time it is all said and done and you get a 5 dollar gun show. [thinking] The show at this point is literally a third of the size of Marlboro, and at least half the size of Wilmington, if not smaller. It wouldn't be so bad if it was like $5.

-Mike

For us guys that go to this show every year... I can tell you it's a good show. The naysayers and their description are pretty exaggerated... but then, I notice the biggest mouths are the ones that most likely haven't been there... If $15 dollars is the determining factor, you should stay home. If you are looking to just check it out and spend the day or a few hours around the "gun thing" have at it.. I said this in another thread here.... The building is about 3 times the size of Marlboro, so if it looks like a lot of empty space... there's a reason for it.. and for the record.... the aisles are usually pretty full in the morning

Early Big E Report

It's a ZOO!!!

First clue: My son and I got there about 10;00am. Long line of cars waiting to park. Got a parking spot way in the back behind the Better Living Center.

After a bit of a hike we got to the end of the line waiting to buy tickets. It was easily 2-300 yards long. And the show had opened on time. After about 5 minutes I said no way and we left. As we were driving out I stopped to talk to one of the guys directing traffic. He said it had been this way since it first opened. Can't even imagine what it was like inside. Will probably try again after lunch.

Now to be perfectly fair there was also a knitting or quilting show going on which added to the traffic so it wasn't just gun show traffic. But it was still packed.

Took me 15 min total outside waiting at 9am. Left at 11:00 still a long line to get in. Not bad inside really. Grabbed a billet anodized 80% lower for $80.00!! And a pmag too. They had all sizes 10,20,30 rounders.

I'm betting the ammo tent will be hit hard and unfortunately the NY crew that set up there know this. I'm really curious to see how much they jack up Russian ammo, especially 7.62x39 which they had for $230 a case IIRC last week at Wilmington.

As far as the show, I think its ok and I've found deals there before. There are quite a few different vendors that work it since its so far out in the western part of the state. If I had someone willing to go, I'd probably take the ride up. Its about 2hrs from my location and the long ride is the only reason that often keeps me away.

Back
Top Bottom