West Springfield Gun & Knife Show March 8 & 9, 2014

I'd really like to go back today, lots of stuff I didn't pull the trigger on.. I saw the new BG380\no laser for sale for $349.00, but want to wait for my go to dealer, Guns and Gun Parts to get me one.. like to get some more of that cheese from the "non" gun dealer vendors... what's wrong with a cheese\jerky dealer showing up at a gun show..

Oh well, living only about 3 miles from the show makes it a little more inviting... plus free parking!!! ...... for me..

Free parking!!!!!!!

Mike is pretty good at getting the Shield 40's in... every couple of weeks... I hope he can get the new BG380.. I have the laser, but heck I like the new one without it too..

- - - Updated - - -

Free parking!!!!!!!

yep.... if ya live in town they give you a sticker for your vehicle... ....

Mike is pretty good at getting the Shield 40's in... every couple of weeks... I hope he can get the new BG380.. I have the laser, but heck I like the new one without it too..

- - - Updated - - -

yep.... if ya live in town they give you a sticker for your vehicle... ....

Nice!!

Show wasn't as bad as everyone described. i bought a lower from guns&gear good deal.But then i saw a guy buy a lower parts kit for $95 from them and i thought everyone stopped going full retard.
But i guess not. As long as people are paying those prices nothing will ever go back to normal.

Finally got there this morning. Spent a lot of time talking to the S&WCA people. Traded a pair of smooth target grips for a set of period correct diamond centered checkered walnut grips for my (roughly) late 1920's S&W 1905 M&P. Also got them to sign off on my S&WCA application. Then visited the Sadlak guy and picked up an airborne steel scope mount for my M1A. Not much else tickled my interest.

Not a bad show, but not a great one either.

I didnt thik the show was bad, i didnt buy much and alot the prices were nuts, but there where as some decent prices.

and i agree that i think it was a large as Marlboro, the BLC is just Huge and there was tons of space.

Oh and i bought some Ammo from the Tent, Becuase they had 357 Mags and it was the same price i paid at walmart.

Last edited:
Went but didn't find the reloading stuff I was looking for. They had some .308 tracers. My buddy from CT was jealous of the stuff people were buying. Ha, never thought that would happen. Saw some kids holding shotguns with good muzzle and trigger discipline.

Went but didn't find the reloading stuff I was looking for. They had some .308 tracers. My buddy from CT was jealous of the stuff people were buying. Ha, never thought that would happen. Saw some kids holding shotguns with good muzzle and trigger discipline.

ha, i saw that Kid

I didn't go this year, but if I find myself with that particular weekend free, I usually make a habit of going. As other people mentioned, the only deals you'll typically find are of the smoked meat variety, but it's still fun to walk around and see what's for sale, and maybe even learn a thing or two. On occasion you'll find a piece of hardware that's close to being worth the price, though you can expect to get ass-punched at the ammo tent every time.

If nothing else, it's a fun way to spend a few hours, provided you don't mind shelling out a few bucks.

Hello NE Shooters, long time reader, first time poster. Here is my review of this past weekends show.

I think the quality of the Springfield show depends on your expectations. If you have been to a show down south someplace, and are expecting something similar here you will be dissaponted. The show did have just about everything the average Joe would be after, just in a very small supply. As mentioned in earlier posts, they did have a few vendors selling the "tacticool" stuff. You could find most AR parts, Mags, and everything else in between. If you needed a part for a less common gun, you might have more trouble finding it. Many of the hard to find items sold quickly, I arrived at 1030am on Saturday and all the AR10 Mags over 5 rounds were sold out already.

The show did have a extra large assortment of books, DVDs, and old Military Gear and Antiques. A bit more then what I was used to, coming from Florida. When they say 700+ tables, you honestly have about half that amount selling any sort of modern shooting items. I personally was dissapointed to see so many books and old surplus items, but then again some people are after that.

They also had about 20 different gun safes, a nice jerkey table if you were looking for some of that.

The most dissapointing to me was the ammo.. Yes, the stories of the tent are true. Its small and unimpressive with a limited supply, however they did have some ammo at fair prices. I picked up 180 rounds of .308 for $125. .22LR ammo sold out within the first 20 minutes I was told.

You did have to pay for parking, and they also had an Arts n Crafts show going on at the same time, but parking in general wasnt that bad.

For me personally, I will not return to the Springfield show. It was not worth the hour drive to see mostly old gear and firearms. Hopefully "The Great Marlboro Gun and Knife Show" will be a little better, but I suspect most of the vendors make the circut and will also be at this one. (just my guess, not fact)

Last edited:
For me personally, I will not return to the Springfield show. It was not worth the hour drive to see mostly old gear and firearms. Hopefully "The Great Marlboro Gun and Knife Show" will be a little better, but I suspect most of the vendors make the circut and will also be at this one. (just my guess, not fact)

Marlboro is "more of the same" except at least there is a LOT MORE of it under one roof. It's easily 30% larger than Springfield is at this point, maybe more. Springfield is dying. I hope it dies completely and the vendors tell the promoter to piss up a rope and we're not paying for tables there until you move it into another venue, preferably an adjacent town that doesn't have this ammo tent business. Even getting a sportsman's club out west to do a 150 table / $8 admission type of show would be better than Springfield at this point.

-Mike

You're a real trip Mike.... are you sure you aren't a liberal in disguise. Why would you push to close down a gun show in western Mass... I just don't get where you are coming from.. piss poor attitude for a moderator on this board..

You're a real trip Mike.... are you sure you aren't a liberal in disguise. Why would you push to close down a gun show in western Mass... I just don't get where you are coming from.. piss poor attitude for a moderator on this board..

I would want to see the worst gun show in the state fail so a BETTER ONE can open in its place. That's what I want to see. There's nothing"poor" about wanting to see that. IMHO the demand is there, the venue just sucks. There are a ton of dealers who would come back to that region if the venue was better. The parking BS and the ammo tent has had the long term effect of pushing people over the edge, and it's also deterred buyers, too. (people from the eastern half of MA would come out that way if the show sucked less. )

-Mike

I look forward to the June show in Springfield for the military gear people often dig out. Kinda breaks up that dry spell between late winter and fall with no shows around. As far as a new show goes, if they did start up a new one it'll be the same vendors just like it has been in Plymouth.

The other issue is the fact there can ne too many shows at the same time and the old grippers are dropping off every year. Not to many young dealers at these shows.

Back
Top Bottom