West Springfield Gun & Knife Show March 8 & 9, 2014

Just got back. Not impressed. Marlborough show took me 3 and half hours of looming around and found way more exciting stuff. Nothing of interest Here. $450 for an m&p shield in .40. That's ridiculous. Oh and a line to go to the ammo tent? Really?

Ma LTC
GOAL Member

Well Ray, can't give you any info there. I always forget about the tent, but then I don't go there for ammo. I was going to look for ya, but forgot cause I was too busy checking the show out. As usual, for me, it was excellent. Most gun prices I peaked at looked pretty normal, although one guy had the M&P range kits pretty marked up around retail. I peeked at a few prices on SKS's... looked ok, anything with nice wood was around 500, I did see a nice one for around 390. and a table with 4-5 for around 350... they looked like they were well used.. most of the Shields were around 450 and the BG380 with laser around 395 and without for around 345.... I mainly go for trinket stuff and odds and ends of which I'm happy I scored some goodies. Bought several things from the guy and his wife that make the gun cases and accessories. I always buy something from them. A few AR pieces from the crazy guy that looks like he's on crack... a couple of the other AR guys I was looking for weren't there, the one that sells build parts was the one I really wanted to see. Got some M1 parts from the Sadlak guy.... some gun cleaning stuff from another one of the regulars. All I can say, most anything you may want was there... I really don't get what some of you guys are crying about. Maybe gungrey can tell me what wasn't there... that made it a joke... some of you guys are a joke!!!

The show was excellent, and so wasn't the cheese and teriyaki jerky...

Well Ray, can't give you any info there. I always forget about the tent, but then I don't go there for ammo. I was going to look for ya, but forgot cause I was too busy checking the show out. As usual, for me, it was excellent. Most gun prices I peaked at looked pretty normal, although one guy had the M&P range kits pretty marked up around retail. I peeked at a few prices on SKS's... looked ok, anything with nice wood was around 500, I did see a nice one for around 390. and a table with 4-5 for around 350... they looked like they were well used.. most of the Shields were around 450 and the BG380 with laser around 395 and without for around 345.... I mainly go for trinket stuff and odds and ends of which I'm happy I scored some goodies. Bought several things from the guy and his wife that make the gun cases and accessories. I always buy something from them. A few AR pieces from the crazy guy that looks like he's on crack... a couple of the other AR guys I was looking for weren't there, the one that sells build parts was the one I really wanted to see. Got some M1 parts from the Sadlak guy.... some gun cleaning stuff from another one of the regulars. All I can say, most anything you may want was there... I really don't get what some of you guys are crying about. Maybe gungrey can tell me what wasn't there... that made it a joke... some of you guys are a joke!!!

The show was excellent, and so wasn't the cheese and teriyaki jerky...

Haha I bought my Pmag from the "crack" guy[laugh]

Just got back. Not impressed. Marlborough show took me 3 and half hours of looming around and found way more exciting stuff. Nothing of interest Here. $450 for an m&p shield in .40. That's ridiculous. Oh and a line to go to the ammo tent? Really?

Ma LTC
GOAL Member

The Shield's were being bought up when no one could find them and being sold for that, but now they're easier to find so it makes no real sense. I guess they're hoping to sucker the casual gun owners at the shows or something.

I thought it was interesting, but I. Haven't been to one in quite a while. Bought a few mags, some brass punches, and some other little stuff. Saw a guy buy two 91/30 mosin nagants covered in Cosmo for 330 cash for the pair.

Haha I bought my Pmag from the "crack" guy[laugh]

ya, he's pretty easy to spot... I always check out the Gun Vault guy from Eastern Security, I just foam at the mouth over those big vaults... He had a new one wider than my 2 big ones .... I want that sucker... just got no where to put it... I joined the Westfield Sportsman Club again today... supported The Goal booth with a few dollars... I just don't get what guys that complain are complaining about.. but then the same guys seem to complain about everything... oh well, what suck way to go through life... [smile] thank God my glass is half full and then some.

The Shield's were being bought up when no one could find them and being sold for that, but now they're easier to find so it makes no real sense. I guess they're hoping to sucker the casual gun owners at the shows or something.

or maybe they are just hoping they can make a profit ..... kinda like the guy that works for a wage... [grin]

Oh ya.... what's wrong with a line to the ammo tent... there are lines to everything ...

My son and I plan on going tomorrow morning. I've missed more than I've attended in recent years. If the guy from Sadlak is there and has parts I might pull the trigger on a scope mount for my M1A.

For those of us who are "sorta" in Western Mass it's the best show around. Marlborough is a two-hour drive for me. Even with my Mazda the parking fees at the Big E are less than what I would spend on gas, not to mention the extra time (3+ hours) I'd spend driving.

Did you find the Sadlak guy, he had scope mounts, I bought a lower frt rail for my Socom..

sold a member 1k of 9mm gave him my parking ticket so he saved 5 bucks. The line looked to long, plus cost to get in is usually not worth it.

Most important question is...................was the Girl with the "Big Personality" selling the Gun Vaults there?

sheeeit... I missed that, I only saw the regular guy that works at the store across from the Big E..

But I can tell you.... there was some interesting girls there....

ya, he's pretty easy to spot... I always check out the Gun Vault guy from Eastern Security, I just foam at the mouth over those big vaults... He had a new one wider than my 2 big ones .... I want that sucker... just got no where to put it... I joined the Westfield Sportsman Club again today... supported The Goal booth with a few dollars... I just don't get what guys that complain are complaining about.. but then the same guys seem to complain about everything... oh well, what suck way to go through life... [smile] thank God my glass is half full and then some.

I'm a member at Westfield too..

Did you find the Sadlak guy, he had scope mounts, I bought a lower frt rail for my Socom..

Never got there. Did not feel like waiting in line, planned to go back in the afternoon, but life got the better of me. Was thinking about going tomorrow morning but we have a family birthday party.

Whine, whine, whine.

Worst show Ive been to there. Its usually not to bad but there was more people sell non gun junk then gun stuff..Prices were outrageous. Dealers wouldn't budge on their "made of gold" stuff.. Smiths Smokehouse was ok, but no Venison sticks.. Bummer..

Most important question is...................was the Girl with the "Big Personality" selling the Gun Vaults there?

Didn't see the mini vault people at the last springfield show or wilmington, only at Marlboro.

-Mike

Darn, with all the local shops at the show, I should've hit W*lmart for ammo yesterday morning! [smile]

Might have to check out the show if I can get there in time. Thanks all for the feeback.

I'd really like to go back today, lots of stuff I didn't pull the trigger on.. I saw the new BG380\no laser for sale for $349.00, but want to wait for my go to dealer, Guns and Gun Parts to get me one.. like to get some more of that cheese from the "non" gun dealer vendors... what's wrong with a cheese\jerky dealer showing up at a gun show..

Oh well, living only about 3 miles from the show makes it a little more inviting... plus free parking!!! ...... for me..

I was thinking the same, right up to waiting for guns and gun parts to get the gun I want (except shield .40, not bg380)

I should've bought one of those Mosins yesterday, before the guy in front of me bought both

Back
Top Bottom